Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Raven from 400mil to 650mil, Machariel from 740mil to 1.2 bil. Nice wellcome for new players

bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
Well it is getting insane and worst from day to day. Price for ship is almost double and plex is still the same around 540mil. So you need for one equipped CNR almost 2 plex . It is all fault from this retarded big corporations like goons and it makes me angry. I still love this game but it simply force you to join some of big  retarded corporations and i don't want to be slave of the game. 

Comments

• cdesteycdestey Member Posts: 70

It's called market speculation based on the upcoming expansion. Ravens are going to be more in-demand due to upcoming changes. The price will stabilize after Odyssey.

Don't even get me started on the idea that "new players" should be in CNRs and Machs...

And BTW, I'm a member of the biggest alliance in the game, and nobody is a slave. I barely get to play once a week. And nobody tells me what to do when I do play.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by cdestey

It's called market speculation based on the upcoming expansion. Ravens are going to be more in-demand due to upcoming changes. The price will stabilize after Odyssey.

Don't even get me started on the idea that "new players" should be in CNRs and Machs...

And BTW, I'm a member of the biggest alliance in the game, and nobody is a slave. I barely get to play once a week. And nobody tells me what to do when I do play.

exactly my thought.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

What you call insane is exactly the reason why so many people love EvE Online actually. The playerdriven market, where proces go up and down like this is imho one of the biggest sellingpoints of this game.

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135

Eh Goons and economy? You got your pots mixed man.

If someone is to be blamed for inflation that is CCP. They control all the main parameters and keep introducing bad ideas over and over again. Remember drone space when miners were shafted? Well now its reverse, but not god again.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by Thane
    Originally posted by cdestey

exactly my thought.

Shhh!

I fully support new players using PLEX to buy CNR's, Machs, Nightmares and Bhaalgorns taking them into low sec thinking they are "I Win" buttons.  The increased prices make the killboards look nicer.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by bubaluba
    Well it is getting insane and worst from day to day. Price for ship is almost double and plex is still the same around 540mil. So you need for one equipped CNR almost 2 plex . It is all fault from this retarded big corporations like goons and it makes me angry. I still love this game but it simply force you to join some of big  retarded corporations and i don't want to be slave of the game. 

So, fly frigates instead.

• apanz3rapanz3r Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Originally posted by RefMinor

You used to be goon bro ? The force seems to be strong in you.

• PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

So you need for one equipped CNR almost 2 plex.

You NEED? What about earning the ISK the old fashioned way. By missioning (in a Tech I ship to begin with), doing incursions, mining, doing production etc.. Also, while I admit I only have limited experience in PvP myself, I don't ever believe I'll be flying anything more expensive than a HAC or a Tech I Battleship in it. IMHO the super ships are only made for PvE. Unless you're an insanely rich Alliance leader or the like.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

I've watched every market in the game tank for a year. Seeing things rise isn't making me complain.

Besides, I know what is coming after this.

• ChramChram Member Posts: 91
    OP, would you care to elaborate, in detail, precisely how is it the fault of these "big corporations"? Before you go hurf blurf tech, let me tell you that the tech income doesn't trickle down to regular members unless for replacement for ships lost in combat and perhaps capital subsidies. Also, tech is getting fixed come June.
  • RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by apanz3r

No, I am still waiting for them to pay me the membership fee before I join.

Originally posted by apanz3r

No, I am still waiting for them to pay me the membership fee before I join.

They should pay you, the goon force is strong in you.

• Jester92Jester92 Member Posts: 156

Just joining in here haven't read any posts other then the title post, let me just say this its probably already been said but I CBA to read the posts, 

New players... Shouldn't be in ANY battleship rather a faction battleship. 

Need to mission? join a corperation and run with a group using a drake or another battlecruiser.  The risk is simply not worth the reward when your new to eve.  Nor is your efficiency with the battleship anywhere near what it needs to be. 

However those who are new looking to make alot of isk (hundreds of millions daily) , Join the eve chat "tmp's gank crew" its a great way to make money, aswell as exploring your inner space pirate side.  It is run by a player named  TheMeanPerson and hes more then willing to teach newbies how to make isk being a pirate.

J. B.

• suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187

Good thing on EvE itself is, that it have a noob filter and all the noobs give up after few days/weeks. Thanks for it CCP!

edit: A new player isn't supposed to fly such strong ship like machariel after few weeks anyway. So hope the prices going higher even my wallet is under 350M and I don't cry on forum. Still you can buy plex for real money and sell them ingame.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

Originally posted by lickm3

Good thing on EvE itself is, that it have a noob filter and all the noobs give up after few days/weeks. Thanks for it CCP!

edit: A new player isn't supposed to fly such strong ship like machariel after few weeks anyway. So hope the prices going higher even my wallet is under 350M and I don't cry on forum. Still you can buy plex for real money and sell them ingame.

Why not ? can't you win a fight unless the oponent is not in a strong ship ?

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

You hate goons and you don't want to be their slaves?

You do know that many (ex)goons like Soundwave are now CCP employees, right?

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

I don't buy plex from EVE I buy my items from third parties then buy the in world plex so not a problem for me.

Either way we build our own ships do our own mining.

However you want a solution to the ecnomic problem? 

Buy all the plex from the market drive the price up supply and demand problem solved.

Or flood the market with Ravens and so on.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by Renoaku

I don't buy plex from EVE I buy my items from third parties then buy the in world plex so not a problem for me.

Buy all the plex from the market drive the price up supply and demand problem solved.

You do realise that publically admitting to RMT probably isn't a good idea, since CCP will permaban without warning for a first offence?

Give me liberty or give me lasers

Go on, I'll bite. What the hell does this have to do with "goons"?

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Malcanis
    Originally posted by Renoaku

You do realise that publically admitting to RMT probably isn't a good idea, since CCP will permaban without warning for a first offence?

guy i knew who got caught using RMT for isk, ended up losing the amount from his account, leaving him with a -5 billion isk account status, which meant he couldnt buy a clone even, it took him a long long long time to clear that negative bank balance, and afaik he never used RMT again, and yes, he did have to borrow isk from corp mates to help clear it.

oddly enough though, even though i've been playing since 2004, i've never owned a CNR or a Machariel, for mission running i tend to use Typhoons, mostly because they have a good cap stable armour tank, and drone bay.  and their faster than Ravens anyway image

Ravens are getting a massive speed buff. typhoon is going to lose a little speed, and in fact the fleet phoon will be 1m/s slower base speed than the Raven (It's still a good bit lighter than the Raven, so it'll be faster wiith MWD/AB)

But seriously, have a look at the proposed changes to the Fleet Typhoon - it's going to be a VERY powerful ship now and they're still pretty cheap (275M in Jita)

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=235324&find=unread

TYPHOON FLEET ISSUE
    With the Typhoon Fleet Issue we wanted to offer a home for the heavily trained Minmatar pilot who loves the extreme versatility that Matar can offer. To make that possible, while also picking up some of the new flavor from the tech 1 Typhoon, we are giving this ship the same treatment as the new Scythe Fleet Issue by making the split weapon bonus stronger. The Typhoon Fleet Issue will also be the ‘attack’ battleship, and like its former version, it is extremely fast for a battleship.

Minmatar Battleship Skill Bonuses:
    +7.5% to Cruise and Torpedo launcher damage
    +7.5% to Large Projectile Turret rate of fire

Slot layout: 8H, 5M(+1), 7L(-1); 6 turrets(+1) , 6 launchers(+1)
    Fittings: 13000 PWG(-125), 660 CPU
    Defense (shields / armor / hull): 9500(+1296) / 9000(-316) / 9000(-316)
    Capacitor (amount / recharge rate): 5800(+800) / 1100s(+12.5s)
    Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 138(-5) / .11(-.0001) / 102600000 (-1000000) / 14.93s(-.059s)
    Drones (bandwidth / bay): 125 / 200
    Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 65km(+5k) / 115 / 7
    Sensor strength: 23 Ladar Sensor Strength(+.5)
    Signature radius: 320

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    All it means is you'll see less of them, people generally aren't willing to bring expensive ships into PVP. Most the time I saw tech 1 and tech 1/2 mixed fits so people can die a lot and not care.  Very rarely did I ever see something that cost a billion to buy, insure and fit. 

Quite a few alliances are using Navy BS as fleet ships (the extra EHP is really nice)

The rise in price will stimulate production; more will be made; the price will fall back to a new slightly high equilibrium.

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240
    I don't know what region you're in, but I'm buying Ravens for 127m and selling them for 150m.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Adding to my comment before:

Prices change from time to time due to the supply-demand there is in the game.

What you are complaining about of certain ships getting more expensive is like a fraction what I used to pay to buy the same BS years ago when CNR were like the only pimp BS to rat in.

I remember building freighters for 600M , selling them for 650-700 (market value), and then they went to 1.3b/piece....

And if you use market prices of the span of a year then you would see that your reasons are a bit off the chart, prices do not stay that high.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"