Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arche Age Officially Ruined

Comments

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500
    Originally posted by Aconsar
    Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

lol, 100% the op will be playing the game and is just being a drama queen. 

Games are supposed to be fun and don't have to make sense, that's what's so great about them. 

Some of us play games for immersion, not for senseless shit that doesn't fit.  If it's medieval era style, which it clearly was/is, it should not have industrial or modern influences (well, this is more than an influence with entire hotrods...).

Why do people who just go "LOLOLOL It's just a game" even play RPGs?  You don't fill the role, you don't care about the immersion or the journey or exploration.  Stick with console handholding, it's more what you're after I'd say.

Do you stop playing the game cause someone mention car/mobile phone/something immersion-breaking in chat too?

THE WHOLE GAME IS RUINED!!!!!!!!! RUINED  .....

RUINED I SAID !

• ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

Seriously, that is the stupidest shit ive seen in my whole life! I really hated it when they added cars and motorcycles to WoW, and this is even worse. Yes its that bad that i prolly wont bother playing it now, since that shit will just piss me off everytime i see one ingame!

what is wrong with some developers these days? ugh.

Currently Playing Path of Exile

• ZetsueiZetsuei Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Once I seen the cars appear the first thought I had was "Am I back in Atlantica Online?" That games basically does the same thing. Big goofy ass cars and super motor bikes that have no business being in that time setting of the game. Is it a deal breaker? No. Will I re-think my decision of getting it? Most definitely. If they're okay with adding stuff like this, you can bet more will be added that has no business of being in the game.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

Lol, like all these whiners are going to effect a Asia mmo, seem to me some of you think its your god given right to demand what an Asian mmo does with their own game. AA will be here and successful long after the whiners have left lol.

And who says Trion worlds will put these things in the western version of the game.

Don't like then stick to those boring ass games that you all seem to love ie GW2 as an example.

Its so funny to read some of these hate posts. I love these cars and tbh I am sick and tired of horse/wolves/etc mounts all the time. This will be nice change :)

Man just go and wait for your next awesome mmorpg, we wont miss you in in AA. Oh wait, you will not play the next big sandbox mmorpg either, cause they will have something immersive breaking too. Well... I guess you end up still playing UO in your 90s anyways. GL HF

Funny i said xD

• VitaminKVitaminK Member UncommonPosts: 76
    I'd be down for some steam punk contraption but not this...
  • ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon

Lol, like all these whiners are going to effect a Asia mmo, seem to me some of you think its your god given right to demand what an Asian mmo does with their own game. AA will be here and successful long after the whiners have left lol.

And who says Trion worlds will put these things in the western version of the game.

Don't like then stick to those boring ass games that you all seem to love ie GW2 as an example.

It's our god given right to have an opinion as a potential customer. I don't expect anything to happen, but I doubt AA will be all that successful since it's even having problem in Korea keeping it's subs. Trion worlds will probably add this to the game because it's a "cool feature" if somewhat misguided.

The problem with adding cars and other dumb **** to medieval or steampunk games is that as a player, I stop taking the game seriously. Games like WoW have a bit more license because of the cartoony graphics and the overall light hearted feel of the game. However, the last to expansions they may have crossed the line.

Don't get me wrong, I will probably play AA for a while, but because of disco's and F1 cars standing alongside knights in armor, I will not treat this game seriously and therefore unlikely to play long term. A game like EVE on the other hand treat their aesthetics seriously and are very restrained to what can and can't be put into the game. They realize that it's more than simply immersion breaking, it shifts the way the game can be perceived by the players and it loses it's integrity.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I had to do some checking around because i thought this was a joke but i guess it is at least as real as beta goes.

The shimmy on this whole idea really has to do with the game itself.Apparently it is not suppose to be an all out Fantasy game but more in line with Steampunk.Imo it looks Fantasy but i guess maybe they want both in the same game.

Now i have no problem with any design approach but it has to at least look in line with the game.

I was listening to the podcast from Archeage source and i was surprised that they thought the car looks amazing,not ok but amazing.

I have to disagree totally,the car looks like a modern version of a sports/race car it does not fit Steampunk at all,if anything it looks like a model from the 1980's.it is a very simple model to draw and imo looks ugly and out of place in the game.

I always talk about graphics as they do matter a lot to me,It does not have to be HD but they have to be done right.

So now the two most promising games that have been on my radar are both leaning me away because of graphics.Wildstar is cheap cartoony and this game is just going out in left field without a glove.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SulaaSulaa Member UncommonPosts: 1,329

Next Aion I see.   Not that I wasn't starting to get apparent earlier sadly :/

*crossing ArcheAge of his game list*

Originally posted by Sulaa

Next Aion I see.   Not that I wasn't starting to get apparent earlier sadly :/

*crossing ArcheAge of his game list*

*loled*

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

"The sky is falling!"

Time to go back to not actively following the forums. Same ol' sh..different day.

• AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    Originally posted by NBlitz

"The sky is falling!"

Time to go back to not actively following the forums. Same ol' sh..different day.

But back yonder in the thread this site's biggest AA fanboy ever is one of the ones who gave up.

Is that significant?

It is to the marketing team, I suppose. No more positive (and free!) viral marketing.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by Antiquated
    Originally posted by NBlitz

"The sky is falling!"

But back yonder in the thread this site's biggest AA fanboy ever is one of the ones who gave up.

Is that significant?

It is to the marketing team, I suppose. No more positive (and free!) viral marketing.

For every significant fan they lose they get a lot more everyday. So i would say things balance out.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• MyownGodMyownGod Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Originally posted by SelfDestructPro

It's official, Arche Age has been ruined.  After so long of waiting and however long I was still going to have to wait beyond this post, I no longer have to wait.

This is what finally did it for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMyEOF51hLM

Like all other Asian influenced games, they somehow have to completely ruin it with something that just doesn't make sense.

Anyway, I'm not here to gripe.  I just want to know is there any other games on the horizon that have really interesting exploration with the added bonus of ships and nautical warfare?  Preferably something that is medieval fantasy based.

Vanguard, where you get to build your own ship and actually walk around in it, and have as many people you can fit in and chill there as you sail.

But regarding this, I bet you, the game gonna do just as fine. I do dislike Asian mmos but we are talking about Trion as the game publisher here, and for the past 2 years as their customer, I just love their customer service.

• MyownGodMyownGod Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Originally posted by Arakazi

It's our god given right to have an opinion as a potential customer. I don't expect anything to happen, but I doubt AA will be all that successful since it's even having problem in Korea keeping it's subs. Trion worlds will probably add this to the game because it's a "cool feature" if somewhat misguided.

The problem with adding cars and other dumb **** to medieval or steampunk games is that as a player, I stop taking the game seriously. Games like WoW have a bit more license because of the cartoony graphics and the overall light hearted feel of the game. However, the last to expansions they may have crossed the line.

Don't get me wrong, I will probably play AA for a while, but because of disco's and F1 cars standing alongside knights in armor, I will not treat this game seriously and therefore unlikely to play long term. A game like EVE on the other hand treat their aesthetics seriously and are very restrained to what can and can't be put into the game. They realize that it's more than simply immersion breaking, it shifts the way the game can be perceived by the players and it loses it's integrity.

Wait what? So you are saying, WoW is an exception to have a bloody motorcycle in a bloody medieval themed mmo? and an AA is not allowed to do that? Just because its an Asian mmo? How hypocrite can you get? Just because of the cartoonish graphic? Jesus Christ!! p.s I hate the idea of the damn Car that they added in it, could it be just another vision trailer like Aion did? Then again don't forget Trion so far is the best mmo publisher and developer in my agenda.

Originally posted by ucidaitaci

Wait what? So you are saying, WoW is an exception to have a bloody motorcycle in a bloody medieval themed mmo? and an AA is not allowed to do that? Just because its an Asian mmo? How hypocrite can you get? Just because of the cartoonish graphic? Jesus Christ!! p.s I hate the idea of the damn Car that they added in it, could it be just another vision trailer like Aion did? Then again don't forget Trion so far is the best mmo publisher and developer in my agenda.

Read properly. I said WoW has MORE LICENSE because of the overall tone of that game i.e. cartoony with no desire for realism and I did mention that WoW may have overstepped the bounds in their expansion. I don't give a monkeys if it's Asian, European or American, in truth I didn't even think about it when I saw the car.  All I care about is getting a good game that MAKES SENSE. Trion is not much of a publisher, they messed up Storm Legion and Defiance. They aren't bad games, but they aren't exactly great either.  You talk rubbish, shoo.

• MawneeMawnee Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Originally posted by Zarriya
    The cars don't RUIN it for me, but they do seem odd and out of place and I would rather not see them.

^This. If my civilization has the technology for cars..why am I still hunting with a sword again? o.0

Read properly. I said WoW has MORE LICENSE because of the overall tone of that game i.e. cartoony with no desire for realism and I did mention that WoW may have overstepped the bounds in their expansion. I don't give a monkeys if it's Asian, European or American, in truth I didn't even think about it when I saw the car.  All I care about is getting a good game that MAKES SENSE. Trion is not much of a publisher, they messed up Storm Legion and Defiance. They aren't bad games, but they aren't exactly great either.  You talk rubbish, shoo.

They have more license how? because you agree with their over the top goofy tones? does AA needs to be on same level to justify adding steam punk cars? why can't a game which isn't goofy or cartoonish add cars? well because you 'feel' that it is not right.

In the end it isn't about who got what license but how you perceive things. 

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

Originally posted by Doogiehowser

They have more license how? because you agree with their over the top goofy tones? does AA needs to be on same level to justify adding steam punk cars? why can't a game which isn't goofy or cartoonish add cars? well because you 'feel' that it is not right.

Opinions: I'm allowed to have them. I didn't agree when WoW added the chopper, and I don't agree when AA added cars. This is the quote from a YouTube comment that pretty much sums it up:

"For some it will have to do with their pre-conceived notion of immersion for the world. Say you're in a medieval (or feudal like) land, on your horse and in your armor. Carrying a lance and gazing upon your stone castle with straw/mud/wood houses. Then suddenly a hot rod pulls up in front of you, and a cyber troll goes "trolololol horses" and then rides up with smoke trailing behind. If I were looking for a specific world, I'd quit right there. But? we have to wait and see what this means."

• cribettcribett Member UncommonPosts: 135
    WOW i wasn't prepared for that i was expecting something miniscule and hardly noticeable, but this..... it just looks plain stupid and i hope to god it never sees light of day in the Eu/Na versions whenever there released.
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

Opinions: I'm allowed to have them. I didn't agree when WoW added the chopper, and I don't agree when AA added cars. This is the quote from a YouTube comment that pretty much sums it up:

"For some it will have to do with their pre-conceived notion of immersion for the world. Say you're in a medieval (or feudal like) land, on your horse and in your armor. Carrying a lance and gazing upon your stone castle with straw/mud/wood houses. Then suddenly a hot rod pulls up in front of you, and a cyber troll goes "trolololol horses" and then rides up with smoke trailing behind. If I were looking for a specific world, I'd quit right there. But? we have to wait and see what this means."

No one said you can not have an opinion..it is an open forums after all and others can disagree with your opinion too. And in my opinion this whole thing is blown out of proportions. 

-Jesse Schell

-Luke McKinney

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

Really lol, AA is now being released in china then you also have Russia, nope the west is not the be all and end all for AA. And again you will not effect AA in Asia or or Russia, the game will be successful with or without western whiners lol.

You don't like it then don't play the freaking game but like you have said, you will play because the pull will be to much for you lol.

Feak eve or any other western game, we are talking about ArcheAge, go play eve if you don't freaking like it.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Lol, like all these whiners are going to effect a Korean mmo, seem to me some of you think its your god given right to demand what an Korean  mmo does with their own game. AA will be here and successful long after the whiners have left lol.

Fixed it for you.

Please don't confuse Korean game with Chinese games by calling them all Asian. AA is Korean, AoW is Chinese.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Really lol, AA is now being released in china then you also have Russia, nope the west is not the be all and end all for AA. And again you will not effect AA in Asia or or Russia, the game will be successful with or without western whiners lol.

You don't like it then don't play the freaking game but like you have said, you will play because the pull will be to much for you lol.

Feak eve or any other western game, we are talking about ArcheAge, go play eve if you don't freaking like it.

I'll try AA, maybe I'll like it maybe I won't, won't be any skin of my nose if I don't or if it fails in the west. I already play EVE...... oh and... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

Wow, what an epic fail!

Lets hope TESO delivers.