Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Arche Age Officially Ruined

Comments

• ildqueildque Georgia, GAPosts: 5Member
    For  Casual players go plant some trees or something, kidding. In my opinion ArcheAge seems to be a very casual game, the P&C gameplay isn't as great compared to all of the action non P&C MMORPG's coming out but the games unique features more than makes up for it. In the end ArcheAge is definitely a game that's worth trying out, I will most likely be dropping out on the other MMORPG's I am currently playing and switch to this one,
  • NetSageNetSage Lake Geneva, WIPosts: 1,040Member Uncommon
    WTF why?  Even the cat mounts were pretty bad imo.  Sandboxes have to learn from EVE and keep to their theme.
  • Punk999Punk999 Baytown, TXPosts: 874Member Uncommon
    Edit: image messed up nvm lol

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• Dren_UtogiDren_Utogi OuterSpacePosts: 1,708Member Uncommon
    bandwagon much, the game has always had cars.

reviews are !@#$ing stupid. Play what you love.

• bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,274Member Uncommon
    This was Trion's idea.
  • Punk999Punk999 Baytown, TXPosts: 874Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by bcbully
    This was Trion's idea.

uhhh yeah no.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• PulsarManPulsarMan Tampa, FLPosts: 289Member
    Silly. But I suppose I don't really care? 
  • KumaponKumapon Vancouver, BCPosts: 705Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by Unshra  
    You must not have waited long because ArcheAge has always had steampunk vehicles, now granted this are more polished looking then say the tractors, but it's not completely out of keeping with the game. The Ta-Re look more out of place then the steam punk inspired roadster. Also it's not the first time they showed the car, heck even MMORPG.com posted a picture of it back in April. http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/feature/7325  
    And people complained back then with that exact article and one poster who said that he was playing the game claimed that the cars were actually not in the game.

The cars were recently added to the test server on monday, they are still not on the live servers and up until that time they were not in the game.

• ChloroCatChloroCat Easley, SCPosts: 98Member

I believe I seen somewhere....this was a joke video made by the devs. Don't think it was meant to be official. But if cars are in it...oh well. I mean..whats the difference. People riding mounts into buildings in just about every mmo there is. Does it ruin your emersion when you are at a merchant and some one comes by on a horse or a big huge beast or a crazy machine ?

True it's out of place but I do think it was a joke video.

Jymm Byuu
    Playing : Blood Bowl. Waiting for 2. Holding breath for Archeage and EQN.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Solon, MEPosts: 2,201Member Uncommon
    ArcheAge already had some steampunk elements in it before, so this isn't really news. If you can't tell the cars are made to look steampunkish so I'm pretty sure it ties into the game and it's lore. It looks like they added car races to the game too which seems like it would be fun. ArcheAge is clearly not a medieval fantasy MMO since it has air balloons too. People that are complaing don't seem to understand that ArcheAge was never just a medieval fantasy MMO to begin with.

Smile

• TheHavokTheHavok San Jose, CAPosts: 2,398Member Uncommon
    *Gasp* They added engines!  How dare they - don't they know this breaks their own setting, which they have completely made up on their own and they are free to shape in any way they want.  Oh the humanity!!  Quick - somebody call the devs!  Something is NOT REALISTIC in this video game!
  • PWN_FACEPWN_FACE SeoulPosts: 670Member
    Originally posted by ChloroCat

True it's out of place but I do think it was a joke video.

I hope you are right. It was my initial impression. It would be a great April Fool's Day joke.

• DogblasterDogblaster PraguePosts: 491Member
    Originally posted by Aconsar
    Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

lol, 100% the op will be playing the game and is just being a drama queen. 

Games are supposed to be fun and don't have to make sense, that's what's so great about them. 

Some of us play games for immersion, not for senseless shit that doesn't fit.  If it's medieval era style, which it clearly was/is, it should not have industrial or modern influences (well, this is more than an influence with entire hotrods...).

Why do people who just go "LOLOLOL It's just a game" even play RPGs?  You don't fill the role, you don't care about the immersion or the journey or exploration.  Stick with console handholding, it's more what you're after I'd say.

Do you stop playing the game cause someone mention car/mobile phone/something immersion-breaking in chat too?

THE WHOLE GAME IS RUINED!!!!!!!!! RUINED  .....

RUINED I SAID !

• ProsonProson MandalPosts: 544Member

Seriously, that is the stupidest shit ive seen in my whole life! I really hated it when they added cars and motorcycles to WoW, and this is even worse. Yes its that bad that i prolly wont bother playing it now, since that shit will just piss me off everytime i see one ingame!

what is wrong with some developers these days? ugh.

Currently Playing Path of Exile

• ZetsueiZetsuei Dana, KYPosts: 252Member
    Once I seen the cars appear the first thought I had was "Am I back in Atlantica Online?" That games basically does the same thing. Big goofy ass cars and super motor bikes that have no business being in that time setting of the game. Is it a deal breaker? No. Will I re-think my decision of getting it? Most definitely. If they're okay with adding stuff like this, you can bet more will be added that has no business of being in the game.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon ParisPosts: 2,070Member Uncommon

Lol, like all these whiners are going to effect a Asia mmo, seem to me some of you think its your god given right to demand what an Asian mmo does with their own game. AA will be here and successful long after the whiners have left lol.

And who says Trion worlds will put these things in the western version of the game.

Don't like then stick to those boring ass games that you all seem to love ie GW2 as an example.

Coolermaster Cosmos II Case
    Corsair AX1200W Modular PSU
    Intel Core i7 3970X OC 4.50GHz
    Asus P9X79 PRO Intel X7
    16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-1866MHz
    840 Series 250GB SSDs
    Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDDs
    EVGA SuperClocked GTX TITAN 6GB GDDR5 SLi

Its so funny to read some of these hate posts. I love these cars and tbh I am sick and tired of horse/wolves/etc mounts all the time. This will be nice change :)

Man just go and wait for your next awesome mmorpg, we wont miss you in in AA. Oh wait, you will not play the next big sandbox mmorpg either, cause they will have something immersive breaking too. Well... I guess you end up still playing UO in your 90s anyways. GL HF

Funny i said xD

• VitaminKVitaminK Richmond, VAPosts: 59Member
    I'd be down for some steam punk contraption but not this...
  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard La BarrePosts: 3,546Member Uncommon
    I wouldn't mind the cars so much if they weren't also buttugly...

Playing now: WoW, Landmark, GW2, The Crew, SotA

Top 3 MMORPGs played: UO, AC1 and WoW

Honorable mentions: AO, LotRO, SW:TOR and GW2.

----------------

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

• ArakaziArakazi OxfordPosts: 889Member
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon

Lol, like all these whiners are going to effect a Asia mmo, seem to me some of you think its your god given right to demand what an Asian mmo does with their own game. AA will be here and successful long after the whiners have left lol.

And who says Trion worlds will put these things in the western version of the game.

Don't like then stick to those boring ass games that you all seem to love ie GW2 as an example.

It's our god given right to have an opinion as a potential customer. I don't expect anything to happen, but I doubt AA will be all that successful since it's even having problem in Korea keeping it's subs. Trion worlds will probably add this to the game because it's a "cool feature" if somewhat misguided.

The problem with adding cars and other dumb **** to medieval or steampunk games is that as a player, I stop taking the game seriously. Games like WoW have a bit more license because of the cartoony graphics and the overall light hearted feel of the game. However, the last to expansions they may have crossed the line.

Don't get me wrong, I will probably play AA for a while, but because of disco's and F1 cars standing alongside knights in armor, I will not treat this game seriously and therefore unlikely to play long term. A game like EVE on the other hand treat their aesthetics seriously and are very restrained to what can and can't be put into the game. They realize that it's more than simply immersion breaking, it shifts the way the game can be perceived by the players and it loses it's integrity.

• WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaPosts: 8,441Member Uncommon

I had to do some checking around because i thought this was a joke but i guess it is at least as real as beta goes.

The shimmy on this whole idea really has to do with the game itself.Apparently it is not suppose to be an all out Fantasy game but more in line with Steampunk.Imo it looks Fantasy but i guess maybe they want both in the same game.

Now i have no problem with any design approach but it has to at least look in line with the game.

I was listening to the podcast from Archeage source and i was surprised that they thought the car looks amazing,not ok but amazing.

I have to disagree totally,the car looks like a modern version of a sports/race car it does not fit Steampunk at all,if anything it looks like a model from the 1980's.it is a very simple model to draw and imo looks ugly and out of place in the game.

I always talk about graphics as they do matter a lot to me,It does not have to be HD but they have to be done right.

So now the two most promising games that have been on my radar are both leaning me away because of graphics.Wildstar is cheap cartoony and this game is just going out in left field without a glove.

Samoan Diamond

• SulaaSulaa nPosts: 1,151Member Common

Next Aion I see.   Not that I wasn't starting to get apparent earlier sadly :/

*crossing ArcheAge of his game list*

Originally posted by Sulaa

Next Aion I see.   Not that I wasn't starting to get apparent earlier sadly :/

*crossing ArcheAge of his game list*

*loled*

• NBlitzNBlitz ZwollePosts: 1,904Member

"The sky is falling!"

Time to go back to not actively following the forums. Same ol' sh..different day.

• AntiquatedAntiquated Oak Brook, MIPosts: 673Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by NBlitz

"The sky is falling!"

Time to go back to not actively following the forums. Same ol' sh..different day.

But back yonder in the thread this site's biggest AA fanboy ever is one of the ones who gave up.

Is that significant?

It is to the marketing team, I suppose. No more positive (and free!) viral marketing.