Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your favorite NPC in MMO?

EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199

My favorite NPC currently is Fionasinna the Vivid, a dye vendor in Rift. Love here outfit. Almost always when I log in to Rift I go visit here. Too bad she doesn't talk much :)

Anyway, is there any NPC out there that you particularly like?

Comments

• Ladrann27Ladrann27 Member Posts: 43

Gubber Blump in WoW, he is the fishing trainer in Auberdine, atleast he was in Vanilla, have not played after that.

I dont even know why, but he is just my favourite NPC ;-)

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    A few that come to mind:
    • City of Heroes: Nemesis
    • World of Warcraft: That pirate dwarf in the Burning Steppes with the invisible parrot on his shoulder.
    • TSW: Kristen Geary, Said, Nashir, Montag, Carter, Elanor Franklin....this game has a LOT of really memorable characters.
    • FFXIV: Inspector Extraordinaire Hildibrand!

<3

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594
    Duck Hunt: the dog

Originally posted by ButeoRegalis

Duck Hunt isn't an MMO....yet...

<3

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

WoW Cata: Budd

Ahoy!
    I'm saaaailing!
    Out on a boat... way far away from the dock...
    Into the wind with the sky and everything...
    Oooh... shiny!

*Budd jumps overboard*

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • DaranarDaranar Member UncommonPosts: 392

Priest of Discord - EverQuest

Lol, No seriously though...

Firiona Vie - EQ (Tops the list by FAR!)

Darth Vader - SWG (enjoyed him in some quest lines)

Lord Scourge - SWTOR (great story line!)

C2-N2 - SWTOR (his lines made me laugh sometimes)

If I want a world in which people can purchase success and power with cash, I'll play Real Life. Keep Virtual Worlds Virtual!

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

Momodi FF14

She was sassy. She had help though because there was Lalafell at the first camp, you had to turn in crafting quests to and I always wanted to punt her out on to a cactus. It didn't matter what grade you got on your craft, 0 to 300, "I suppose it will have to do". She irked me.

• lortegedlorteged Member Posts: 143
    Harris Pilton in Wow :)
  • AnslemAnslem Member CommonPosts: 215

WoW:

Mankirk's Wife :( 

Mekgineer Thermaplugg (boss in Gnomerregan)

Jhordy Lappforge (found in that one town by Zul'Farak)

Played: Ultima Online - DaoC - WoW -

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Pookie the lvl 666 White Rabbit in Asheron's Call

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

Originally posted by free2play

Momodi FF14

She was sassy. She had help though because there was Lalafell at the first camp, you had to turn in crafting quests to and I always wanted to punt her out on to a cactus. It didn't matter what grade you got on your craft, 0 to 300, "I suppose it will have to do". She irked me.

Momodi isn't fabulous enough for Inspector Hildibrand.

<3

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Jamyl Sarum ,empress of Amarr Empire
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    Captain Placeholder from WoW, because he actually worked and the boats didn't.
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Maximillion of Northshire

Probably the funniest questline I've done in an MMO.

Other than that Sergeant Slate in EQ because he would aggro you from across the zone and it would make the lower levels fun lol
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

The whole cast of LotRO, from Frodo (that stroll around Imladris is amazing) down to the hobbits with the smallest part (like Opalessa who only wants to dance on Methel-stage). :)

Then the cast of TSW, most of them are great, favourite one is KG of course. Carter is cute, too.

But, if I have to pick only one, who is the best and the funniest - drumroll - AoC's Little Farmer :)

Even now, after many years in game, when I talk to him he always makes me smile, but back then when we first met him... awesome one, Funcom.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

The Lich King.

The only reason I've read all the WoW novels is because I wanted to know more about Arthas.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

dont really like the game but Thrall,theres plenty of MMOs that i have played and i dont remember any of their meaningles NPCs ,but WoW did something right ,maybe its really not my favorite but their NPCs are characters which is something that have this mm character which is really hard to give to an NPC.

for example i cant remember anyone from GW2 or Neverwinter that i just tested week ago.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844
    Originally posted by ButeoRegalis

the fox who ate my ducks!

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    The tillerman in UO boats. If things were too quiet, he'd start telling stories.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• XendrellXendrell Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Arlo from Hellgate London. You'll see why.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Vannor

The Lich King.

The only reason I've read all the WoW novels is because I wanted to know more about Arthas.

If we using novels

i say

general turalyon From WoW. He is pretty badass lore figure in WoW lore.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• BlueTiger33BlueTiger33 Member Posts: 158
    Poison Ivy in DCUO. All time favorite. :)

I will never support freeloaders, no more subsidized gaming.
    My Blog
    Originally posted by Valerosus
    Arlo from Hellgate London. You'll see why.

Oh my, I have a new favourite. That guy is amazing.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    SWTOR has plenty of really cool NPCs. For some reason for me the most memorable was Lord Medechas from Belsavis. I am always excited when I go to see this guy in my countless alts LOL. His voiceover  is the best in SWTOR

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Originally posted by MMOExposed
    Originally posted by Vannor

The Lich King.

If we using novels

i say

general turalyon From WoW. He is pretty badass lore figure in WoW lore.

Most think he's dead. I expect to see him in the next WoW expansion ;)