Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Lineage 2: Getting to Know Lindvior

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

NCSoft is anxious for players to learn more about the upcoming Lineage II Lindvior content expansion. We have teamed up with the developers to give our readers an exclusive in-house interview with Development Director Gon Namkung. Check it out before heading to the comments with your thoughts and questions. 

As Shilen’s army focused on growing its ranks and bringing back Lindvior, the balance of power among monsters already inhabiting Aden shifted. In the face of the turning tide, even more powerful demons have broken free in the new lands, creating a greater need for mighty warriors who are capable of fighting off the chaos and destruction. 

Read more Lineage II: Getting to Know Lindvior.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    What concerns me about Lineage 2 and always will is the Lack of GM support before they added the new password system many players accounts were compromised when the game went F2P doing a google search, but none of us got our gear or items back that were lost and if we got any support bound gear completely useless to our class... Reading this article the mistakes the devs claimed to have made how can it be so difficult to turn this into a casual RPG title instead of having all the grind and hard gold farm, and constant spirit shots make the game similar to Dark Fall with classes no need to unlock extra classes and confusing skills and so on make it as simple as click character change class and make it fun... GIve players some actual customer service and account protection, L2 has great artwork developers, and song artists I miss the game TBH, but after loosing every item worth hundreds of dollars and no support to restore my account because they claimed it would hurt the economy and such even with this exciting new content update I am not installing L2 again.
  • RaunuRaunu Member UncommonPosts: 480

My main concern is GameGuard.  Since building a completely new computer and upgrading to Windows 8. I can no longer play. GameGuard kicks me out of the game because it thinks I'm some type of 3rd party software. >=o(

There are tons of players in the game who use bots and GameGuard isn't fixing anything. I wish they'd remove it so I can play again!

- - "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?" - -

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I am a Kameal player so its good to hear they plan on doing something about our subclass restriction. Lineage 2 supports Windows 8 now so I have no idea why its not working for you. I am using Windows 8 and its runs ever better then it did with Windows 7. I use to crash all the time before I upgraded to Windows 8. Try posting your problem on the forums to get some help.

• hivitrohivitro Member Posts: 1

Lineage 2 game more casual? Sure....

You play 2 hs/day to get basic 0.8 to 1.2% of EXP, and next if you go grind some mob, can effort 1 hour more to get 0.02% exp..

A Casual gamer who play 6 hs at week, and not do all instances,can get 20% of 1 high level in 1 month?

I'm sure you will need several years to reach level 99/99

• PrenhoPrenho Member Posts: 298
    The only complaint I have is that L2 is too much buff dependent, I don't like it, buffs are too much unbalanced and bring problems that have never solved yet.
    Originally posted by Prenho
    The only complaint I have is that L2 is too much buff dependent, I don't like it, buffs are too much unbalanced and bring problems that have never solved yet.

I love Lineage 2 the game but hate the way its run by NC Soft West. They have never cared about bots and cheaters.

• PrenhoPrenho Member Posts: 298
    Originally posted by VastoHorde

I love Lineage 2 the game but hate the way its run by NC Soft West. They have never cared about bots and cheaters.

That's why EU servers(Innova) are better, much less bots. But the issues with buffs made me to stay away from L2.

Originally posted by VastoHorde

That's why EU servers are better, much less bots. But the issues with buffs made me to stay away from L2.

Been on NC West servers since C4 so at this stage I could never start over somewhere else. When I am done playing NC Soft west Lineage 2 I will be done with the game totally.

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352

If you can get passed the absolutly shitty support and company that NCWest provide Lineage2 is a great game if you enjoy hardcore pvp games.

PS. I know that people usally nag about companys that run games, but NCwest is really with out a doubt the worst one I have seen.

• Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR Member Posts: 511
    Originally posted by Raunu

My main concern is GameGuard.  Since building a completely new computer and upgrading to Windows 8. I can no longer play. GameGuard kicks me out of the game because it thinks I'm some type of 3rd party software. >=o(

There are tons of players in the game who use bots and GameGuard isn't fixing anything. I wish they'd remove it so I can play again!

I know what you mean. Well it's against the EULA but fuck it since they are not giving proper support. I always ran with disabled GameGuard when I used to play. Not only I stopped receiving stupid messages for no apparent reason - the game's performance improved, believe it or not. Don't worry, I ran like that for years. I did not even get a warning :) They are not stoping the Z-Ranger guys and the heal bots so .... 

• benasatobenasato Member UncommonPosts: 193
    As a Judicator player this news is just......image
    Originally posted by benasato
    As a Judicator player this news is just......image

Judictor is going away in Lindvior but at least they said they may be brining it back in the future.

• Ladrann27Ladrann27 Member Posts: 43

I always enjoyed playing Lineage 2, I just dont think it is worth getting back into anymore. Levelling a character would take too long a time and while I do like the PvP model it would take too long a time to get up to the same (gear) level as most of the PvP'ers are.

Also I do not like the buffing in this game, it just has too much of an impact, if you do not have the right buffs you are pretty much gimped.

• RetericReteric Member Posts: 3

The diversification of classes is very interesting. Some of the things he mentions for future ideas are already being tested on Korean servers. To see good Lindvior information check out http://wiki.terragamers.net/index.php?title=Chapter_3:_Lindvior

To see the future stuff, check out the skills, hunting areas and new ability system. information is still changing, but its very interesting to see how future skill changes will impact classes. http://wiki.terragamers.net/index.php?title=Epeisodion_Update