Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arche Age Officially Ruined

Comments

• KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602

STEAMPUNK! I've been following Archeage for a very long time. Guess what? They have always said the game is steampunk and never that it is going to be a true mediëval fantasy game.

Tractors have been in for a long time. Guess you never watched harvesting videos.

Am I a fan of steampunk? Not really. Still it delivers in some games. It worked for me in Rift and WoW. Anyway you still have a chance to keep cars and other steampunk technology out of the game. Trion is still busy with the westernization. When they feel cars does not appeal to us westerners, then might leave it out.

• AconsarAconsar Member Posts: 262
    Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

lol, 100% the op will be playing the game and is just being a drama queen. 

Games are supposed to be fun and don't have to make sense, that's what's so great about them. 

Some of us play games for immersion, not for senseless shit that doesn't fit.  If it's medieval era style, which it clearly was/is, it should not have industrial or modern influences (well, this is more than an influence with entire hotrods...).

Why do people who just go "LOLOLOL It's just a game" even play RPGs?  You don't fill the role, you don't care about the immersion or the journey or exploration.  Stick with console handholding, it's more what you're after I'd say.

• McPickleMcPickle Member Posts: 39

Not a fan of the cars at all. That being said, doesn't WoW have rockets, helicopters, and planes that can sit on the roof of the  AH of SW or OR right next to a giant dragon and be flown?

Since I'm using WoW as a reference, to me a rare bird mount that's flightless is more of a crime than this.

Either way if this was able to  ruin the game, the game didn't have much to start with.

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Awesome vid. Thanks for the link. Looking forward to this!!!
  • wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    The more I think about it the more I'm just seeing all the tools AA is trying to give us to do player driven (pun slightly intended) race events or whatnot. They're trying to give us options, which is what is lacking from most games. Sounds like some of you could have fun starting an anti-technology faction in game. Kind of like the anti-machina people in FFX. Would be pretty cool.
  • MMObroMMObro Member UncommonPosts: 97
    mario carts......... i'll pass image
  • TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Just put a huge X through Arche Age on my list of future potentially good games.   ::sigh::  Why...why ruin a medieval fantasy based game by putting in something like cars?  What is next bi-planes?

So yea...no thanks...I'll pass.

Frak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• dauntSilverdauntSilver Member Posts: 146
    hahaha wow, that video really took a turn.. yet another game I will not play. ever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Korean MMO, is all i have to say about this. 
  • itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351
    If i cannot craft gold or silver rims that spin for my cars i'm not playing this! That is game breaking to have such sweet rides and not be able to pimp them bitches out.
  • AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415

They could try to sell it as steampunk, I suppose.

Wait...have they ever heard that term?

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

What will people not cry about?

Anyways doesnt change my opinion on this game. I plan on being out in the sea alot anyways.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• ildqueildque Member Posts: 5
    For  Casual players go plant some trees or something, kidding. In my opinion ArcheAge seems to be a very casual game, the P&C gameplay isn't as great compared to all of the action non P&C MMORPG's coming out but the games unique features more than makes up for it. In the end ArcheAge is definitely a game that's worth trying out, I will most likely be dropping out on the other MMORPG's I am currently playing and switch to this one,
  • NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    WTF why?  Even the cat mounts were pretty bad imo.  Sandboxes have to learn from EVE and keep to their theme.
    Edit: image messed up nvm lol

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    This was Trion's idea.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by bcbully
    This was Trion's idea.

uhhh yeah no.

^MMORPG.com

• PulsarManPulsarMan Member Posts: 289
    Silly. But I suppose I don't really care? 
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by Unshra  
    You must not have waited long because ArcheAge has always had steampunk vehicles, now granted this are more polished looking then say the tractors, but it's not completely out of keeping with the game. The Ta-Re look more out of place then the steam punk inspired roadster. Also it's not the first time they showed the car, heck even MMORPG.com posted a picture of it back in April. http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/feature/7325  
    And people complained back then with that exact article and one poster who said that he was playing the game claimed that the cars were actually not in the game.

The cars were recently added to the test server on monday, they are still not on the live servers and up until that time they were not in the game.

• ChloroCatChloroCat Member Posts: 98

I believe I seen somewhere....this was a joke video made by the devs. Don't think it was meant to be official. But if cars are in it...oh well. I mean..whats the difference. People riding mounts into buildings in just about every mmo there is. Does it ruin your emersion when you are at a merchant and some one comes by on a horse or a big huge beast or a crazy machine ?

True it's out of place but I do think it was a joke video.

Jymm Byuu
    Playing : Blood Bowl. Waiting for 2. Holding breath for Archeage and EQN.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    ArcheAge already had some steampunk elements in it before, so this isn't really news. If you can't tell the cars are made to look steampunkish so I'm pretty sure it ties into the game and it's lore. It looks like they added car races to the game too which seems like it would be fun. ArcheAge is clearly not a medieval fantasy MMO since it has air balloons too. People that are complaing don't seem to understand that ArcheAge was never just a medieval fantasy MMO to begin with.

Smile

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    *Gasp* They added engines!  How dare they - don't they know this breaks their own setting, which they have completely made up on their own and they are free to shape in any way they want.  Oh the humanity!!  Quick - somebody call the devs!  Something is NOT REALISTIC in this video game!