Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storm Legion on the cheap?

ciidciid Member UncommonPosts: 184
Cheapest i can find storm Storm Legion is the boxed copy from amazon for $20 bucks. Anyone know a place were i could just get a key for the same price so i don't have to wait for the box to get here?

Comments

• SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458

You can get Rift + Storm Legion + 30 days for free from Raptr.  Just install Raptr and play Rift for 10 hours on an existing account or a new free account using Rift Lite.  Claiming the reward will give you an activation key that can be applied to any account.  You'll get Rift + Storm Legion + 30 days if your account is new or just Storm Legion if you're an existing subscriber without it.  You also get some cool cosmetics from Raptr too.

Go here for more information: http://raptr.com/High_strung/news/5176e8e371abcdb7e2/rift-takes-raptr-rewards-by-storm-

Step by step instructions and details here: http://raptr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26270

There are only around 1,500 copies left to be claimed so don't wait too long.

• ciidciid Member UncommonPosts: 184

Id rather just give someone 20 bucks..

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by ciid

its not as swiftly as it sounds. You can dump the program once you get sl, or do as i do and keep it going because its not a bad app.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• IadienIadien Member UncommonPosts: 638
    The raptr thing is easy. Game time is counted even if you're idle at the character select screen.
  • aionixaionix Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Originally posted by ciid

Wait you'd rather pay money than play the game that will give itself to you for free?  You get to keep your lite account and upgrade it with the key Raptr gives you.  Sooooo, basically you already own it if you do it this way.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Iadien
    The raptr thing is easy. Game time is counted even if you're idle at the character select screen.

Its also retroactive if you bought rift on steam (counts hours already acquired through steam)

I got it as soon as i installed raptr

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Yeh, there's no reason not to do this. Even if you want to start as one of the new souls it doesn't matter. Just start as something else and when you obtain the offer, those souls will be automatically added to that character. One trip to your trainer and you can change to the new soul.

If you already have a rift account.. you can still do it with that account. Your old account will now be classed as a lite account if you don't have a sub so you can just install the app, leave the game open on the character select screen overnight and you're done.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    Maaannn...I caugh this post earlier today. Even though I own the original game, I had to log the hours still, was two hours shy when the last key went. Deal of the century right there. I'm super bummed.
  • ciidciid Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Saved 20 bucks either way played the light version for an hour and was bored out of my mind by the end.
  • KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    raptr offer is over. only by buying it for 20$ is available now