Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] General: The Best MMOs of 2013... So Far

Comments

• HolloowHolloow Member Posts: 4
    omg guild war 2 o_O guild bore 2 u mean
  • black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 256
    lol GW2 no.1 and sw:tor in the list with it's fail updates and horrible(could be the worst even) cash shop/f2p.
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Ahhhhhh MMORPG.com hipster tears. They sustain me. 
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by NaMeNaMe
    What a terrible list. Clearly just journalism rubbish, rater than best MMO list this is a most well received or a most hyped MMOs list. 

What a terrible coment. Clearly just a spectator with rubbish, rater than his best MMO list this is a most unconstructed received comment.

<.<

see what i did there buddy?works bothways...that said-  They said they would like to hear your top favorite.

• BlueTiger33BlueTiger33 Member Posts: 158
    I'm loving the hell out of some DCUO atm. God the game rocks now.

I will never support freeloaders, no more subsidized gaming.
    My Blog
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    technically Neverwinter is not released either.
  • NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by wizardelo
    where is Wildstar on the list, i cant believe neverwinter fail is here and wildstar isnt, i can only conclude that our Author did not have a change to play it and thus no opinion.

Wildstar is in closed beta so I would assume that is reason for not making the list. I believe it is on the most anticipated list. BUT with same logic Neverwinter should not be here also until they are "officially" launched (should have been a no brainer there). Even if they were launched, after playing it since closed beta I would have placed it closer to last. At "open beta" it has so many issues (many UI issues, lag, server disconnects, graphical glitches) it should be considered closed still. I know GW2 receives much hate but I agree it should be 1 or 2 on the list. SWTOR is a nice game, but their f2p model was the worst and most punishing of most I have played. I know they have relaxed the model recently, but I will never go back. I am also one that wonders about Rift not making it. Game wise it is a nice game, but I left it after population dropped and they merged the factions.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    You know it's a bad fucking year if SWTOR made the list ;)

This.

• popezaphodpopezaphod Member UncommonPosts: 58
    RIFT is a ghost town?  Tell that to my guild that's raiding three nights a week and to the dozens of Great Hunt and DRR raids that are happening every day on Wolfsbane.
  • LunarpacLunarpac Member UncommonPosts: 57
    One of the issues with GW2 is that it's barely a multiplayer game. It's more of a singleplayer game that you happen to play alongside some other people that you never really care about.
  • AreWeLiveAreWeLive Member UncommonPosts: 201

The one thing that gets me the most about these topics is the fact games that have just been released or games still in beta are in the list.

I do wonder what the list would look like if it included only games that have been released officially and those that have been out long enough to have had people play the game enough to actually form an opinion.

It does take time to see how the game is and if it really warrants such a claim of a best game of the year contender, some of these games seem like it is base off Ripperx's first impressions...

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Swap TSW and SWTOR's positions, replace Darkfall with Rift.

<3

• shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509
    Ugh, slim pickin's this year so far. Would've enjoyed Age of Wushu greatly if not for the fact that the pvp is a glitchy cluster love-making session with my ping.
  • Azuri21Azuri21 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    LOL GW2 is terribad certainly not #1. /facepalm Rift still tears apart many of these titles and now it's f2p many others will find out. Heck even Tera for that matter. Secret world is ok but longevity seems to fizzle out fairly quickly. Are these the picks of the author of this article?
  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Not sure about AOW on the list but i agree none the less.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• ZedTheRockZedTheRock Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Originally posted by marz.at.play

Guild Wars 2 failed so much for original Guild Wars players especially in PvP as ArenaNet catered to the masses instead of their loyal fanbase. In the end I think they shot themselves in the foot. It's still a great MMO but not what most had hoped for regardless of updates.

Neverwinter at #3 is interesting but I'd have to agree. Although I've never tried EvE I know it has a die hard following. I would have put Star Wars at #7.

GW2 is not supposed to be a clone of the orginal, it is it's own game with it's own hallmarks and systems.  And the game far from failed.

SUP

• DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432

Age of Wushu on list.

Cannot be taken seriously.

Where is Firefall?  Some of the games listed are 'beta', so why not include other 'beta' games?

• SuperPanekiSuperPaneki Member Posts: 62
    Good joke!
  • ZedTheRockZedTheRock Member UncommonPosts: 175

For me the top MMO's this year are:

1. neverwinter

2 - 7 anything else that really fails

SUP

• hekatonhekaton Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by DAOWAce

Age of Wushu on list.

Cannot be taken seriously.

I had the same reaction :)

Anyway, this is just my opinion so pls don't h8.

1. SWTOR

2. RIFT 

3. EVE

4. TERA

5. TSW

6. GW2/NW

The rest is ...meh. 

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785

Where is Diablo 3???

(Sorry, couldn't resist :P)

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

TSW was so MEH and the graphics did not excite. It reminded me too much of play an XBox FPS where they then added MMO pieces to it. Very linear and non-exciting. Also going from sub to F2P in a short time where they screwed the people who bought lifetimes subs (not say it is a good idea to buy one, but the company didn't even care about them). All of that should knock TSW out from the top spot on any list.

GW2, while far from perfect does alot of things right and still is putting in content that would shame any sub game.

GW2 it is, whether you like it or not.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

Personally I'd throw away everything on that list with the exception of EVE, I may not play it anymore but it has earned its following and they continue to innovate and expand beyond what their initial release back in 2003 to height we are just now seeing and into the future and beyond.  This game has an bright future ahead of it and will continue to do so, the other games on that list not so much, so much wasted potential that fell into again of marketing trends and catering to masses and pleasing no one instead people got a big spoonful of mediocrity instead.

As people continue to pay for lackluster and uninspiring MMOs you will continue to get them while the next generation on the horizon is truly looking to bring us something fresh and new to the table like games like The Repopulation, Archeage, and Star Citizen, which I have to say Star Citizen will be definitely giving EVE a run for its money and I'm looking forward to it :)

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Karahandras
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    You know it's a bad fucking year if SWTOR made the list ;)

This.

:)

My list would be a short one, Neverwinter, and probably WildStar (since TSW is from 2012).

Considered the "The honored games can be both new and old titles" line in the prologue, my list would be the same as in the last few years (+TSW added in 2012), namely LotRO, AoC, TSW, and STO.

Neverwinter is great but I guess I'll only play the Foundry in the long run, the combat is a bit clunky for me so it couldn't get a place among the big ones :). Fingers crossed though for WildStar's explorer and settler turn to be good.

• AconsarAconsar Member Posts: 262
    I'm laughing at all the fanbabies of WoW crying that it's not on the list.  It's trash and has been trash for years, get over it.  It's dead.