Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Going to need some help come OB

KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

Ok ladies and gents.....I have a favor to ask.  I am currently deployed to afghanistan, but should be getting my R and R in July.  Now, assuming OB starts around that time frame....I want to hop in and play while I'm home.  

The rub is that I'm a legacy member, so I've been in since alpha technically lol.....BUT I have no idea how to go about downloading the client.  Will I need a special link from SE that will come in my email?  Will I simply be able to go to X website and download the game?

I figure that those particular questions will be answered come the time, if i keep an eye on my email, however; SE is known for some weird underhanded ways of getting things done.  If you're an ffxi player....remember back to when the game was still new...or even once the lodestone was "streamlined" it was still nearly impossible to find what you were looking for unless you already knew.....hence my dubbing the lodestone "fucking tortuga".

With all this being said....I just wanted to put this out there in case.  I'm going to watch my email and see what I can do....but if I run into some complications I figure what better place than here where people are already involved with the beta and probably know all the nuances if I get lost?

Long story short: Will bump if I get confused when the time comes, thanks in advance everyone.

Comments

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

The client download for the Beta test is only available to download via the Beta Tester forums, you get the link to those forums when your selected as a tester.

The Open Beta will likely be different and have a download link on the main site.

• MenestrelMenestrel Member UncommonPosts: 33

If you are legacy just follow this link and there's a test client download link in the forums : http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/forum.php.

You should also have emails directing you to the ARR test forums and all informations to dl the client, opening of beta phases etc...

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Roger gents.  Just taking some preventative measures just in case.  The smoother i can make it (IE have my GF download the client for me before i come home) the better.
  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

Test client is currently unavailable.

Get your girlfriend to check your registered email, though you may receive a new email before the start of phase 3, she will need all your login details though, if you are trusting enough.