Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you feel GW2 suffers because of the people that don't play?

eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
Like the title says, do you feel that GW2 (the game not the developers profits) suffers at all because of all the people who decided to not play, or decided to quit playing? Do you think the population is healthy and enjoyable?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Comments

• shingoukiehshingoukieh Member UncommonPosts: 126
    population in gw2 is healthy and not decreasing on my server fort aspenwood..u have to look at it as too many zones and gameplay stuff like wvw spvp and dungeons too...so people are spread out with that....its more populated than other f2p games imo....most other f2p games only have like 1 to 4 servers...this one has i believe like 14 or so for each region.
  • cloud8521cloud8521 Member Posts: 878
    I just wish they communicated more and such
  • BenezettaBenezetta Member UncommonPosts: 94
    The Tier 2 population seems to be pretty good, at least during prime time NA hours.
  • wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464

Your options are so biased. I'm not even gonna bother voting. My answer is: the game sucks, alright?

LOL, and if people aren't playing, take a hint. 

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Heavily instanced or zoned game worlds often give that impression of being dead once the initial leveling phase has passed.
  • MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    Suffice to say that ANY multiplayer game is worse off with less players.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• FreyasFreyas Member Posts: 32
    Originally posted by Pie_Rat
    Heavily instanced or zoned game worlds often give that impression of being dead once the initial leveling phase has passed.

All MMO's feel empty when leveling through early or mid-game zones after the initial leveling phase has passed.  I leveled up a dozen or so WoW characters over the years, and there were almost never other players around in most of the zones I leveled through.  There were some exceptions- Barrens, Elwynn Forest, Stranglethorn Vale, but if you head out to Mulgore, Wetlands, Feralas, Searing Gorge, or probably 75% of the zones in the game, there's maybe 1-2 other players between both factions in the zone at any given time, on a server that was high pop.

It's no surprise to me if I head out to a random mid-level zone in GW2 and don't see many people around- the game's been out for 8 months now, and most people don't take more than a few weeks to level a character to 80.  There's really no reason for many people to be in maps like Lornar's Pass or Brisban Widlands- they don't have any world boss encounters, and there's nothing else to bring anybody there after they've completed the map.  Sure, they give okay rewards with the downscaling system, but they don't compare to Orr zones that have better drops and more events, or killing world bosses which give guaranteed rare or exotic drops and a lot of loot for the time invested. 

I'd say my expectation of finding people in low-mid level zones would be similar to heading to Loch Modan in WoW and finding crowds of players there.  The lack of crowds of people in Loch Modan doesn't mean that WoW is dead/dying, just like the lack of people in Brisban Wildlands doesn't mean that GW2 is dead/dying.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Magnetia
    Suffice to say that ANY multiplayer game is worse off with less players.

this

• OgrelinOgrelin Member Posts: 636

To much people on our server imho... damn ques for WvWvW :(

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Overflow for Southsun as well.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• rastapastorrastapastor Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Originally posted by Pie_Rat

I can't agree with You. Played WoW MoP recently and guess what, even with the CRZ the world feel so empty, it feels that the Cataclysm decimated the whole population of the game :) and the game itself has an open world. GW2 on the other hand, i see a lot of ppl while doing events, or wandering around the world. There are zones that are empty mostly 40-60 zones (except the zones with the Shatterer and Tequatl). Even Orr recently was packed, seen a lot of groups that were doing sanctuaries. Zoned game doesn't indicate that the world is empty. Game mechanics does it, in WoW for instance You can access everything from the UI, in GW2 most end-game stuff except Fractals are in the world, so ppl in order to do content have to go outside the town.

This discussion has been closed.