Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

would yuo play gw2 with montly fee

Comments

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Nope I wouldn't, time to move on forever from that model and make developers work for their money.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• MuntzMuntz Member UncommonPosts: 332
    I don't think at this point in the history of MMOs that a monthly fee is worth it for any game. It doesn't insure anything from my experience. The montly fee model was needed in the distant past to cover expenses of running the game that is no longer true. There is a large consumer base used to paying monthly and it it's really nice if your a producer of anything to have a customer base that is used to a monthly fee.  If I was developing a game I'd want to see a large customer base willing to pay a monthly fee.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

No.

I love GW2, IMO best mmo since WoW, but i do not support subscriptions. I got a three month sub to WoW to get some of the Pandaria Lore. When those 3 months are up i dont resub until maybe next year if theres new Lore. I do not support subscriptions. I purchase boxes and expansions and the occasional cash shop that i find cool and decent. Arenanet has always showed mmos are viable as B2P.

The problem is that mmo devs are having the same problem as console developers. They try to make the most expensive game ever and then dont make any profit. Once you buy the box and expect to buy expansions theres not need for subscription and still be a triple A game. GW2 also showed that.

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

If you like what GW2 offers, it's the best game on the market.

But for someone like me who prefers pve, the journey ended at 80.  I realized, though I enjoyed GW2 on the way to 80, I was bored to tears at 80.

GW2 made me realize that I prefer party defined roles and raids.  Inasmuch as GW2 doesn't have either, I won't pay for the content nor do I play it for free.

• MrSaltyMrSalty Member UncommonPosts: 39
    nope i own it and dont even play it for free....
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • tinuelletinuelle Member UncommonPosts: 363
    No, period.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    There are many games worth a sub, this one isn t one of them. I get bored after a minute or 2 logging in now, why would I pay for that. One of the worst games to come out in awhile, at least hyped ones.
  • tintilinictintilinic Member Posts: 283
    Originally posted by Soki123
    There are many games worth a sub, this one isn t one of them. I get bored after a minute or 2 logging in now, why would I pay for that. One of the worst games to come out in awhile, at least hyped ones.

There definately wasnt and isnt any game thats worth a sub.

But in competition, GW2 is the most worthy of sub, followed only by Rift and EvE.

Rest are just money grabs and ripoffs.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    NO way in hell.. i don't play it now due to it being boring as ell i certainly would not pay monthly for it..
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by nerbon
    even like 5 bucks ...

Absolutely not, they haven't even thought of doing an expansion yet. Which means you won't have any major content additions to the game. Enjoy being stuck with dungeons and the occasional public events here and there. Nothing but little gimmicks to keep customers slightly interested in their game. But those gimmicks don't hold my interest in paying for a monthly subscription.

"Expansions are definitely something that we'll potentially look at in the future, but we don't have a timetable on it. We're open to it, but I think our major focus as a studio is making the living world concept as strong as possibly can for the players that we've got."

As you can see this is a quote from an article where Arena net has stated, "Expansions are definitely something that we'll potentially look at in the future, but we don't have a timetable on it." - Arenanet. This means an expansion hasn't even crossed their minds.

Hmm.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/405523/ncsoft-preparing-guild-wars-2-expansion/?site=cvg

NCsoft is preparing a Guild Wars 2 expansion pack, although official details and a launch window have yet to be announced.

The Korean publisher's managing director, Nah Seong Chan, said of the PC MMO during the company's first quarter earnings call (via GamesIndustry.biz):

"...Of course we are preparing an expansion pack but in terms of when we will actually launch it, it's something we are still monitoring.

"We are looking to the performance of the game and then we will decide what will be the best time to do the launch."

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by Soki123

Good luck finding any game out now and not a decade ago that will sustain a sub for any extended period of time.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• genclaymoregenclaymore Member UncommonPosts: 44

The only game i would pay a monthly for is Champions online but for having access to the Free Form power selection. Other then that I wouldn't do P2p at all for any game. The only thing i would do now a days is B2P, F2P is fine too since 99% of the times I don't buy any thing from the item store, Unless it with the Monthly Zen I get Free from CO, Or buying a DLC in TSW.

But if GW2 had P2p I would ignore it and never play it, or any game. But thankfully GW2 is B2P., Tho the only thing that i dislike about GW2 is it not having Dual class system like GW1.

• PreparedPrepared Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by fantasyfreak112
    No because it's a single player game disguised as an MMO.

1000 times this  ^^^^^^

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

realistically,

It would have probably gone the same way as the many MMO's before it.Buy it,play the usual free month it comes with,then get bored and move on..

Rarely I will get a craving to come back and play another month,but again,thats rare with me and todays MMOs.

I havent been back to GW2 since the month and a quarter I played when it released.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    No, I played like 1 day, with it being free.
  • DSBHRDSBHR Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Originally posted by Tabmowe
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64
    No. I own it and don't play with a zero sub...

This

And some more of it.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    the only reason this game was hyped was that it had no sub. if ncsoft put a monthly fee on it from the start and advertised it as p2p game they would not even get 500K players to purchase it. and you are asking if people will play it in case it were a sub. 

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    nope. I rarely ever play it now

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• Sys7emSys7em Member UncommonPosts: 120
    No I wouldn't pay a subscription.
  • dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615
    It's unlikely I would pay a sub to any MMO anymore, but then again that is mostly GW2s "fault" so I don't know.
  • zastenzasten Member Posts: 283
    Originally posted by Tabmowe

This

This still!

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    even like 5 bucks ...

No. It's designed from the ground up around it's current business model. A sub wouldn't work here.

• 0Neo00Neo0 Member UncommonPosts: 47

+1

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    even like 5 bucks ...

Absolutely not, they haven't even thought of doing an expansion yet. Which means you won't have any major content additions to the game. Enjoy being stuck with dungeons and the occasional public events here and there. Nothing but little gimmicks to keep customers slightly interested in their game. But those gimmicks don't hold my interest in paying for a monthly subscription.

"Expansions are definitely something that we'll potentially look at in the future, but we don't have a timetable on it. We're open to it, but I think our major focus as a studio is making the living world concept as strong as possibly can for the players that we've got."

As you can see this is a quote from an article where Arena net has stated, "Expansions are definitely something that we'll potentially look at in the future, but we don't have a timetable on it." - Arenanet. This means an expansion hasn't even crossed their minds.

Hmm.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/405523/ncsoft-preparing-guild-wars-2-expansion/?site=cvg

NCsoft is preparing a Guild Wars 2 expansion pack, although official details and a launch window have yet to be announced.

The Korean publisher's managing director, Nah Seong Chan, said of the PC MMO during the company's first quarter earnings call (via GamesIndustry.biz):

"...Of course we are preparing an expansion pack but in terms of when we will actually launch it, it's something we are still monitoring.

"We are looking to the performance of the game and then we will decide what will be the best time to do the launch."

A-net says "not yet", Ncsoft says "why I oughta" *smack*....

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson