Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Video - items, crafting, fishing etc.

IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

The video is short and has a mixture of cut-scenes but also some in game footage.

It's not much but at least it's something new and with ESO, that's hard to come by....enjoy.

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2013/05/15/first-look-at-gathering-and-exploration

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
― CD PROJEKT RED

Comments

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    cool, can't wait for ESO
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    looks pretty cool.  i like interactive game worlds.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by muffins89
    looks pretty cool.  i like interactive game worlds.

I do too except they turn me into a hoarder: if I can pick it up, I must have it 'cause I will need it later :)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    I personally hope people can't get to max level within the first month of the game. I'm tired of playing an MMO only to find out that I've finished it 1-4 weeks into its release.

They have claimed that it takes about 15 hours to hit level 10. We'll just have to wait and see.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Thanks for the post.

I saw today on another site some leaked info Q&A and it appears the game's beta is going very well and quite a different experience from that leaked video from a few weeks ago. After reading it I felt A WHOLE LOT better. :-)

After watching the video, I loved the graphics, so thats good. It doesn't look like Sponge Bob like Wild Star where everyone is getting excited about a monkey throwing bananas. I like that he picked things up off the table, fishing, little things that bring in immersion. I'm still waiting to see if the NPCs are not just standing around and the world feels full of life like Skyrim even though I know it will never replicate a single player experience.

I'm wonder what happens when someone takes something off a table with thousands running around. Will it re-appear for someone else?

There Is Always Hope!

• Tabloid42Tabloid42 Member UncommonPosts: 200

No no no,...something has to be bad,..some combat mechanic or forced instancing lockout gearScore grind.

Some sucky uncustomizable UI, clone look, where all builds are the same in the end. Something has to give! :p

this game looks great. and that Video is making me make ESO make promises it can't keep I fear!

:p

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    So... are they using phasing for all the little boxes and things you can loot?
    Originally posted by colddog04

Thats the same type of question I asked. I'll be curious how that is handled in an MMO.

There Is Always Hope!

• Greyhawk4x4Greyhawk4x4 Member UncommonPosts: 480

I have high hopes for TESO...

Here is my commentary video on the subject.

http://youtu.be/Q8B35jvaDKo

Originally posted by Greyhawk4x4

I was wondering in your video when you said that the picking locks was right with you in your life if that means in real life you are a thief.

There Is Always Hope!

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    the crafting looks really good
  • Greyhawk4x4Greyhawk4x4 Member UncommonPosts: 480
    Originally posted by keithian

I was wondering in your video when you said that the picking locks was right with you in your life if that means in real life you are a thief.

LoL....That is a bit of roleplaying there, I said "it hits me where I live" because I always play a rogue and I love the idea of having to work on lockpicking as opposed to getting free loot with no effort.

Cheers!

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402

Thats the same type of question I asked. I'll be curious how that is handled in an MMO.

In GW2, all the material nodes are instanced by player. When you chop down a tree it disappear, but you can see other players chopping theirs down. Basically, it works exactly like in other MMOs, except that everyone get to interact with the object and not just the "first come, first served" one.

• ElirionLothElirionLoth Member UncommonPosts: 308

LoL....That is a bit of roleplaying there, I said "it hits me where I live" because I always play a rogue and I love the idea of having to work on lockpicking as opposed to getting free loot with no effort.

Cheers!

Likely story :P

• ZedTheRockZedTheRock Member UncommonPosts: 176
    It would appear that every day the game is becoming more and more an Elder Scrolls Game and that is a good thing.  Can't wait to get to play this, I feel it's going to have the perfect mix of sandbox and themepark (mostly themepark) but what little sandbox it will contain will be the things msot people like without all the chaff.

SUP

• ZedTheRockZedTheRock Member UncommonPosts: 176

Thanks for the post.

I saw today on another site some leaked info Q&A and it appears the game's beta is going very well and quite a different experience from that leaked video from a few weeks ago. After reading it I felt A WHOLE LOT better. :-)

After watching the video, I loved the graphics, so thats good. It doesn't look like Sponge Bob like Wild Star where everyone is getting excited about a monkey throwing bananas. I like that he picked things up off the table, fishing, little things that bring in immersion. I'm still waiting to see if the NPCs are not just standing around and the world feels full of life like Skyrim even though I know it will never replicate a single player experience.

I'm wonder what happens when someone takes something off a table with thousands running around. Will it re-appear for someone else?

Feel the same way with Wildstar.  The game would be a thousand times more hypeable with non-cartooney graphics.

SUP

Originally posted by azarhal

In GW2, all the material nodes are instanced by player. When you chop down a tree it disappear, but you can see other players chopping theirs down. Basically, it works exactly like in other MMOs, except that everyone get to interact with the object and not just the "first come, first served" one.

Thanks, that makes sense and works for me. Even though I know some will say it shouldn't be like that, I don't know how else it would work so that only 1 in a thousand would experience whatever was in that book lol.

There Is Always Hope!

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    This looks pretty good.  Looking forward to this game.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Originally posted by ZedTheRock

Thanks for the post.

Feel the same way with Wildstar.  The game would be a thousand times more hypeable with non-cartooney graphics.

Totally agree, though from this site's hype meter we are not the majority though for the life of me I still can't understand why people would prefer that art style when there was equal disdain for any kind of cartoonish artistry for SWTOR even though that game to me at least is a little less cartoony than WOW and Wildstar. Elder Scrolls is much more up my alley preference wise.

There Is Always Hope!

• RandomDownRandomDown Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    I personally hope people can't get to max level within the first month of the game. I'm tired of playing an MMO only to find out that I've finished it 1-4 weeks into its release.

I don't mean anything offensive by this but from what I recall of your NWN post, you played that ~10 hours a day right? I could see you getting to max in a month at that kind of play =P. Though if it takes 15 hours to get to 10 and the leveling rate scales up to 50 even moderately I could see it taking a fairly reasonably time to get to max.

• LordSneergLordSneerg Member Posts: 119
    Looking good cant wait until more information comes out. This is the game I want to play for a long long time.  So glad I have 2 games coming out later this YEAR AA and TESO
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Cool ideas. Though I wonder, how will people NOT steal everything from the tables and cupboards? o.0

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Elikal
    Cool ideas. Though I wonder, how will people NOT steal everything from the tables and cupboards? o.0

prolly have the same bounty system from elder scrolls game where if your seen doing a crime you have to pay up to the guards or let them take you to jail...or kill them which will just raise the bounty even more and make you a murderer.  But i doubt it will be exactly like the single player games.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by azarhal

I hope that's the way they do it here too. That feature in GW2 is a great use of phasing. Gets rid of all that drama when someone else loots your node while you clear all the mobs.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED