Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: Live-streamed Interview with Jeremy Gaffney Tonight!

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Hot on the heals of the Closed Beta 2 announcement, WildStar's Jeremy Gaffney is stopping by MMORPG.com again TONIGHT (5/16) to chat with our own Garrett Fuller about the game, its progress, and its ultimate design goals.  Be sure to head to our stream page at 7:30pm ET, 4:30pm PT, and 12:30am (5/17) GMT.

Don't miss a moment of the conversation, watch it LIVE on our Stream Page.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Since I didn't get a beta invite I'll have to rely on interviews like this to get a Wildstar fix until I can play... le sigh. :( Thanks for making it later in the day, though - this means I actually get to watch it at home after work!
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Originally posted by Leiloni
    Since I didn't get a beta invite I'll have to rely on interviews like this to get a Wildstar fix until I can play... le sigh. :( Thanks for making it later in the day, though - this means I actually get to watch it at home after work!

It'll also be uploaded to Youtube as soon as Twitch's upload feature stops being borked.  ;)

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto

• NewnanNewnan Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Can't Wait to see this :)

Screw leveling games, give me something with "End game" at the beginning of the game.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Why no Aussie time ;)
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Also, due to dad-brain (I finally realize this is a THING), I changed the title to accurately reflect the fact that it's TONIGHT.  Not Friday.  :)

My Review Manifesto

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Looking forward to listening in on either the recorded version or live. Though I might have a few papers to critique and get into contact with a few of my undergrads at that time. :/
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Why no Aussie time ;)

Too soon... too soon!

Heh.  Though really, it did go through my noggin that the date and time almost had more writing dedicated to it than the actual news.  If this were a MMO people would fondly remember in five year's time when people had to count for themselves, and things weren't so drastically changed to cater to the crowd that was too lazy to do such.  xD

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

excuse my mmo ignorance - but havent been following this until the multiple articles here.

when is this game due for release-or public beta? specific date?

Originally posted by orbitxo
    excuse my mmo ignorance - but havent been followint this until the multiple articles here.
    when is this game due for release-or public beta? specific date?

I believe the answers they gave were "when it's ready" and closed beta 2 is just about to start (or has already).

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108
    Originally posted by Yaevindusk
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Why no Aussie time ;)

Too soon... too soon!

Heh.  Though really, it did go through my noggin that the date and time almost had more writing dedicated to it than the actual news.  If this were a MMO people would fondly remember in five year's time when people had to count for themselves, and things weren't so drastically changed to cater to the crowd that was too lazy to do such.  xD

Brown nose you got there mate.

@Murphy Thanks for GMT.

• droopydroopy Member Posts: 15
    Nice it will be interesting to watch. :)

Thanks for the GMT time, i'm terrible with time zones.
  • XirikXirik Member UncommonPosts: 440
    If you can get Garret to ask if they can allow the Aurin to be able to be warriors too.   what is  so bad about allowing bunnyman  to be the warriors that they were born to be?

"You have some serious mental issues you may need to seek some help for. There are others who post things, but do not post them in the way you do. Out of every person who posts crazy shit in this forum, you have some of the craziest and scariest" -FarReach

• KaiserPhoenixKaiserPhoenix Member Posts: 59
    Originally posted by BillMurphy

Hot on the heals of the Closed Beta 2 announcement, WildStar's Jeremy Gaffney is stopping by MMORPG.com again TONIGHT (5/16) to chat with our own Garrett Fuller about the game, its progress, and its ultimate design goals.  Be sure to head to our stream page at 7:30pm ET, 4:30pm PT, and 12:30am (5/17) GMT.

Don't miss a moment of the conversation, watch it LIVE on our Stream Page.

bill, your avatar is looking like he's flirting with jeremy

• WrekhWrekh Member Posts: 8
    I'm so going to watch this!
  • BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    He looks way to happy. This wildstar must be good.
  • DaGafferDaGaffer Carbine StudiosMember Posts: 62
    Originally posted by KaiserPhoenix

And I look exhausted and/or drunk in that pic, too.  Cameras should be banned during crunch.

Jeremy Gaffney
    Executive Producer, Carbine Studios (Wildstar Online)

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Originally posted by DaGaffer

And I look exhausted and/or drunk in that pic, too.  Cameras should be banned during crunch.

haha

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

Originally posted by DaGaffer

No it's an awesome picture!

Originally posted by Xirik
    If you can get Garret to ask if they can allow the Aurin to be able to be warriors too.   what is  so bad about allowing bunnyman  to be the warriors that they were born to be?

lmao "bunnyman"

This makes me think of blood elves in WoW though, how long did it take before they could be Warriors? A few years? I guess I can see lore reasons for it but meh, whatever, let the bunny people be what they wanna be!

• droopydroopy Member Posts: 15

No please keep restrictions on what you can be depending on what race you choose, i like when the races and their proportions fit their role, big rock guy as tank? oh yeah, little tender cute Aurin not so much.

Indeed a nice picture :P

Originally posted by droopy

No please keep restrictions on what you can be depending on what race you choose, i like when the races and their proportions fit their role, big rock guy as tank? oh yeah, little tender cute Aurin not so much.

Indeed a nice picture :P

But then you are taking away player choice. What if I like the way one race looks a lot, but the class I most enjoy is not available? What do I do then?

• XirikXirik Member UncommonPosts: 440

Also in order to be a "tank" you do need brawn but you also need a good mind and swift reflexes and don't forget a brave heart. 

Rock guys have the brawn but don't have the other 3. Bunnymen have it in spades!

"You have some serious mental issues you may need to seek some help for. There are others who post things, but do not post them in the way you do. Out of every person who posts crazy shit in this forum, you have some of the craziest and scariest" -FarReach

Also in order to be a "tank" you do need brawn but you also need a good mind and swift reflexes and don't forget a brave heart. 

Rock guys have the brawn but don't have the other 3. Bunnymen have it in spades!

Hey now don't forget the cute little bunnywomen!

• herbalzherbalz Member CommonPosts: 10
    one day i'll make it to nexus....I hear the streets are paved with gold..

• Ap0stat3Ap0stat3 Member Posts: 1

Aurin can be Stalkers. Stalkers can tank. Ergo, Aurin can tank.

The only thing Aurin miss out on by not being Warriors is a playstyle and aesthetic that doesn't really fit them.