Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Servers are getting alive once again!!!

PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

After the F2P announcement , the servers are getting alive again and it is still, with monthly subcription model! 

At last Trion!

took you a while....

Comments

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d

After the F2P announcement , the servers are getting alive again and it is still, with monthly subcription model! 

At last Trion!

took you a while....

I plan on going back once the F2P option turns on. Now to find a server and guild.

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Ye Icewatch had a queue last night, I was surprised hehe.

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    Going f2p works.  When SOE did it to EQ it doubled the games population and when they removed all the class/race restrictions it gained 33% more.   They tripled revenue when they went f2p.   If you have the right model it works.
  • PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Moodsor
    Ye Icewatch had a queue last night, I was surprised hehe.

And Bloodiron (pvp), from empty is getting medium/high :D

• StayonboardStayonboard Member Posts: 77
    Same on my server, though I was one of the new one :-)

Resubbed and having fun. It's much better than when I played at launch.

People will hate this but no sub fees are the way to go. The old model is mostly dead and it's a myth that content stops after dropping the sub model. In fact many games are making more money since going this route.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I don't doubt your enthusiasm OP, but why would they be getting more alive already? I'm sure not going to start my subscription back up just to play F2P later, and I'm sure others feel the same way.

It's an awesome game (not worth the sub imho), but, I will take your word on it, I'm not subbing up! :) 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

After the F2P announcement , the servers are getting alive again and it is still, with monthly subcription model! At last Trion!took you a while....

f2p does not solve the reason why people left in the first place...

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Originally posted by Amjoco

I don't doubt your enthusiasm OP, but why would they be getting more alive already? I'm sure not going to start my subscription back up just to play F2P later, and I'm sure others feel the same way.

It's an awesome game (not worth the sub imho), but, I will take your word on it, I'm not subbing upI! :) 

I think the Raptr -free game keys, also helped the server population along with the F2P announcment... 

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Nitth

At last Trion!

took you a while....

Maybe 13 major content updates (14 when FTP launches), tons of new features, alternate advancement and a gigantic full feature set expansion that offers more than the original game and all it's updates put together will.....?

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Maybe 13 major content updates (14 when FTP launches), tons of new features, alternate advancement and a gigantic full feature set expansion that offers more than the original game and all it's updates put together will.....?

This ^

• SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405

This ^

I second that^^

• Tabloid42Tabloid42 Member UncommonPosts: 200

could they be subbing because once it goes f2p,..current subbers get some sort of VIP status?

also,..agree,..tons of updates since launch..I have not seen half the current game.  I also read about customizable house zones which sound interesting.  It's no Foundry though. but neat.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Originally posted by Tabloid42

could they be subbing because once it goes f2p,..current subbers get some sort of VIP status?

also,..agree,..tons of updates since launch..I have not seen half the current game.  I also read about customizable house zones which sound interesting.  It's no Foundry though. but neat.

The foundry...I keep hearing about this and after playing NW and messing around with the foundry, I find it not all that great.  Yes, you can make your own quests!  Sadly, most of the quests made are just utter junk, and that is being kind.

The foundry isn't all that.  However, I digress.

I will probably take another look at Rift right before it goes F2P.  It has been several months since I last played and I would like to see the new changes.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Vannor
    Originally posted by Nitth Originally posted by PsyMike3d After the F2P announcement , the servers are getting alive again and it is still, with monthly subcription model!    At last Trion! took you a while....

This ^

Originally posted by Sinsai
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d f2p does not solve the reason why people left in the first place...
    This ^
    I second that^^

Rift has had the fastest content patching of any mmorpg in recent times. Still didn't stop the decline.

Once people get through the consumable portion of what you described, Then its back to Instanced pve, or pvp in a setting which many consider bland.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

It's an awesome game (not worth the sub imho), but, I will take your word on it, I'm not subbing up! :) 

You can play level 1 to 20 for free today.  I bet a lot of people are doing that to get a head start before the conversion.  I was thinking about going back and working on my level 15 guardian a bit yesterday for that very reason.

• StayonboardStayonboard Member Posts: 77

At last Trion!

took you a while....

No it's not... but soon as I saw it was F2P I subbed up a month to see all the content updates and decided to give it another try. I also plan to continue once the f2P model is implemented. So far Im loving the new changes

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668

RIFT is a good game, it always was tbh. Played it for about 6 months after launch, but stopped mostly due to low pop.

Now with some rl friends and guild mates from wow and gw2, i m going to give RIFT a second chance.

Some folks who still play, told me that its way better after the expansion.

We will see :)

btw imo it may be the best F2P model in the market

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458

Good to hear.

Probably former players and new ones alike wanting to work on their character's before the the mad rush hits.I still have a couple month's on my sub,so I'll be back before ftp hits.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

At last Trion!

took you a while....

but is a good enough reason for another bunch of players to go back to it at least for a while.... like me.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

With the raptr deal if you play for about 15 - 20 hours it will give you a SL key and 30 days of game time.  You can start the F2P right now if you want.

Nitth - It may not be a good reason for some people to come back but it's a great reason for me to stay.  I cancelled my annual sub because I'm not renting game time anymore.  I just don't want to do that.  To me, no game is worth it.  With sub-free, I can and will buy a month of sub time and spend some money in the cash shop.

The sub really is a deal breaker for some people, whatever their reasons may be.

Well ty for the info! I can wait though. I put many hours into that game and I'm in no real hurry. I like the thought of being able to drop in now and again like GW2. :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

With the raptr deal if you play for about 15 - 20 hours it will give you a SL key and 30 days of game time.  You can start the F2P right now if you want.

Nitth - It may not be a good reason for some people to come back but it's a great reason for me to stay.  I cancelled my annual sub because I'm not renting game time anymore.  I just don't want to do that.  To me, no game is worth it.  With sub-free, I can and will buy a month of sub time and spend some money in the cash shop.

The sub really is a deal breaker for some people, whatever their reasons may be.

Indeed, already 5 friends of mine got it. So easy to get the keys :)

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271

I'll definitely be returning for the F2P model.

Next to WoW, Rift was the *only* MMO in history that made me feel like it's worth my time (played it for about 4 months, but then decided that for a p2p, WoW was just better).

Good news indeed.

• AbrrahamAbrraham Member Posts: 149
    What should I play...Aahhh, keep playing SW:TOR or coming back to Rift for good. The combat feeling of Rift is the only thing which keeps me away right now :l
  • intrinscintrinsc Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Quantity of people does not mean quality of people. Remember that.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by Abrraham
    What should I play...Aahhh, keep playing SW:TOR or coming back to Rift for good. The combat feeling of Rift is the only thing which keeps me away right now :l

I agree.  That's one of my major complaints about Rift.  The combat and animations are too slow for me.

The server i was on had a decent population, but i only made it to level to 30 i think before i stopped playing.  The dungeon queues were quick too, even as dps.  This game will definitely be more crowded when Rift goes f2p officially.