Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What will raiding be like at endgame?

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

My favorite thing to do in MMOs, like WoW, is raiding. And I can't find anything about how dungeons and raids will be implemented. But, working as a group to take down a huge boss that towers over everyone, is really epic.

Anyone know what endgame will be like in CU? Will raids be instanced/open or what?

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• ZedTheRockZedTheRock Member UncommonPosts: 176

Not sure if Troll or Serious.

There's no PvE in CU.

SUP

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Originally posted by ZedTheRock

Not sure if Troll or Serious.

There's no PvE in CU.

ah I see. So is this more like multiplayer mount and blade, but an MMO instead? Don't think I've played an MMO that is 100% PvP. There is Planetside 2, but thats more of a FPS.

Well, whats endgame then in CU? Or is it just killing people? Can you build stuff or take stuff over?

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

Pillaging and looting enemy realms and building up your own realm within the actual game world.

I know eh ... impossible to imagine if raised on modern mmos.

I imagine several RvR-centric carrot-on-a-stick goals will be implemented as well.

You stay sassy!

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

Originally posted by TheScavenger
    Originally posted by ZedTheRock Not sure if Troll or Serious.   There's no PvE in CU.
    ah I see. So is this more like multiplayer mount and blade, but an MMO instead? Don't think I've played an MMO that is 100% PvP. There is Planetside 2, but thats more of a FPS.

Well, whats endgame then in CU? Or is it just killing people? Can you build stuff or take stuff over?

PvP games dont have an an games, there is only one game and thats PvP.

..and there will be construction of keeps and housing, gather of resources for that and then obviously PvP for control over vital land.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    There will BE PvE, it just won't reward you the same way other MMORPG's do. I think that's the thing most people forget and don't realize.
  • TumblebutzTumblebutz Member UncommonPosts: 322
    The trolls will stick around as long as they get fed...

Emeryc Eightdrakes - Ranger of DragonMyst Keep - Percival

RED IS DEAD!

• fanglofanglo Member UncommonPosts: 314

Raiding, in an RvR only game can take many forms. For one, imagine if you could control the boss? The depths has systems in place where players might be able to control not only the boss mobs protecting the resource nodes but pssibly all the trash mobs leading to the boss.

If you want an awesome raid, seems like this system will be the hardest to win against. All mmo raids have some sort of mechanic and rotation, once you figure it out the boss can be done with little to no-effort. Repeated attempts get easier and easier.

Now if the boss is controlled by a player that can adapt and overcome the encounter would never be a snooze-fest. You would constantly have to re-evaluate your strategy to kill the boss. Sometimes it'd be easier, sometimes harder.

In the end CU's raiding system will be much better than any PvE game out on the market today.

I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!

• LawtoweenLawtoween Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by fanglo

Raiding, in an RvR only game can take many forms. For one, imagine if you could control the boss? The depths has systems in place where players might be able to control not only the boss mobs protecting the resource nodes but pssibly all the trash mobs leading to the boss.

If you want an awesome raid, seems like this system will be the hardest to win against. All mmo raids have some sort of mechanic and rotation, once you figure it out the boss can be done with little to no-effort. Repeated attempts get easier and easier.

Now if the boss is controlled by a player that can adapt and overcome the encounter would never be a snooze-fest. You would constantly have to re-evaluate your strategy to kill the boss. Sometimes it'd be easier, sometimes harder.

In the end CU's raiding system will be much better than any PvE game out on the market today.

While I hope it does, you're assuming PayPal gets the funding total to $2.5M or that The Depths is added as an expansion later on.  Although there may still be a "world boss" encounter that can be controlled by a player.  You never know.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Tamanous

Pillaging and looting enemy realms and building up your own realm within the actual game world.

I know eh ... impossible to imagine if raised on modern mmos.

I imagine several RvR-centric carrot-on-a-stick goals will be implemented as well.

I really doubt the end result will be anything like this.  It will probably just be a normal MMO with open world PvP, and without any PvE components.  Game companies never deliver on early claims and ideas.

You make me like charity

This discussion has been closed.