Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Wushu - Not people you can trust

Durdel00Durdel00 Member Posts: 6

Hi Everyone,

I know there have been other discussion about mass account lock outs but this one is quite a bit different.

A few weeks ago I began playing Age of Wushu. After a bit of time I realized it is very difficult to play this so-called free-to-play game without actual currency or they call unbound silver. Now with all the gold sellers around, I chose to buy my gold from Snail in-store at an inflated price compared to the gold sellers. I made my purchase and then noticed there is no way to REMOVE your credit card details from the account. So I sent in a customer support ticket asking them to do so. Here is where it gets ridiculous.

Round 1

I was informed that I had to contact Xsolla directly and have them remove my credit card details. Now remember, Xsolla is Snails agent for the real money part of the game. I called their 800 number in LA and was transferred to Russia where they are owned and operated from. I was informed that they retail all credit card details and there is no way to remove them, PERIOD.

Round 2

I then informed Snail of the above and that I demanded they do something about this. Their response was to LOCK MY ACCOUNT. So not only did they take my money; not only did they defer to their agent; not only did they fail to address the issue; but they punished me for it all.

Round 3

I sent in a complaint to the Better Business Bureau of California as their place of business in LA. I have requested that my funds be refunded and that the charges for replacement of the card be given as well.

Round 4

I received an email today telling me my account is unfrozen (2 weeks later). No note about a refund. I login and find the character DELETED. Now since the coin is tied to the character after it has been transferred, they have effectively stolen the coin and all the progression as well. I sent a message back to Snail stating what happened and that this matter is not resolved even though they claim otherwise.

Round 5

Awaiting the reply from the BBB of California...

Moral of the story: Do not give Fail Snail your money in any shape or form. File an online complaint to the BBB of California. NEVER TRUST SNAIL GAMES.

All the best in your travels...

Edit/Update:

Fail Snail sent a response saying they do not give refunds. I updated the BBB complaint with this information.

Comments

• moondragomoondrago Member UncommonPosts: 47
    this wont help now but  in the  future   use  the type of credit card i have... pre-paid  credit  card works the  same but only has on it  what you load  at the  place you  bought it  .. this way i only load on it  the  amount i want to  spend on the game  and  if i want  to get  hit with a   sub  feee i just   put more  money on it.  but if dont ,,what to  sub  after the  first month  or spend more money  there   i just dont  load  any  money on it  at the  time of the  renewal time  ...

its a GoOd dAy to diE !!

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

1. Read the games (TOS) Terms OF Service very carefully and see if there is anything you can use against them legally for example do they inform you that they have a third party company not affiliated with theirs that will retain your information, and did you agree to it, if not there you go.

2. Contact your Card Issuer before 30 days and get your money back failure to deliver product.

3. Always use prepaid or debit card from a local bank this way anything goes wrong you can just go to your bank have them deactivate the other one for lost/stolen and get a new one they cant bill it anymore problem solved.

Snail Games also has no SSL Encryption to my knowledge it has no padlock when playing your order I would be very careful using credit card on their service.

Examples of good prepaid cards that work online.

GreenDot

?NetSpend

PayPal Reload Packs.

These three work wonders.

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    Also, never waste your time with the BBB. They can do nothing and nobody but maybe some plumber cares about what people say. Look at any mmo provider and you will see tons of useless complaints.
    In the future, use a prepaid card or buy a game card from places like Target or Walmart.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• Durdel00Durdel00 Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by lugal
    Also, never waste your time with the BBB. They can do nothing and nobody but maybe some plumber cares about what people say. Look at any mmo provider and you will see tons of useless complaints.
    In the future, use a prepaid card or buy a game card from places like Target or Walmart.

Not so. Paypal has now decide not to do business with them. Considering Paypal does the high risk transactions, that's pretty bad.

It also sets the stage for a class action if this becomes wide-spread. Just because we don't see what happens in the background, this still impacts them.

• benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Not being able to remove creditcard details from an account is the perfect way to prevent account selling. Wich has been against the rules in online gaming forever. Ever thought about that?????

If I'm correct you can cancel your subscription. But you can't remove your creditcard details. I think Snail Games is onto something here. No more powerlvling for accountselling anymore.

Don't know why they screwed you out of your ingame money and stuff. Maybe you broke more rules then you think ;)
  • SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458
    You should've done some research into Snail Game before deciding to bother with Age of Wushu.  It's basically their only decent game and they have a history of releasing shady Pay to Win games.  I feel bad for you, but you shouldn't make purchases so carelessly.  Just walk away with your 20 dollars lost and learn from your mistake.

• ElirionLothElirionLoth Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by benseine
    Not being able to remove creditcard details from an account is the perfect way to prevent account selling. Wich has been against the rules in online gaming forever. Ever thought about that????? If I'm correct you can cancel your subscription. But you can't remove your creditcard details. I think Snail Games is onto something here. No more powerlvling for accountselling anymore. Don't know why they screwed you out of your ingame money and stuff. Maybe you broke more rules then you think ;)

Go look on their forums and you'll see that the OP is one of many many people that have been screwed over by Snail Games.  I broke no rules and have had money stolen and posts about the issue deleted.  Check my post in this forum.  It has many links to people who have had similar issues with Snail. 

• master677master677 Member Posts: 6
    It seems you have exhausted all options in trying to settle with customer support. Call your Credit Card company and chargeback. Also, the BBB is not a government agency.
  • lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    Originally posted by Durdel00

Not so. Paypal has now decide not to do business with them. Considering Paypal does the high risk transactions, that's pretty bad.

It also sets the stage for a class action if this becomes wide-spread. Just because we don't see what happens in the background, this still impacts them.

Prove that Paypal is making their decisions based on the BBB? I call bulshit on that.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

Paypal was likely removed due to persistent fraud in-game.  That was the primary impetus behind the freezing fiasco, aggressive GM action (overly so) to punish people that effectively stole from the company.  A lot of collateral damage on that one.

I've never had any issues with purchasing anything.  Everyone that I know that did have an issue - went through XSolla.  Thus, don't use Xsolla, everything I've seen from indicates poor service.

Fortunately, I keep winning events so Snail just gifts me the gold I use for VIP....although I get the feeling some of the issues you had were coincidentally included with the whole freezing fiasco.

Originally posted by OG_Zorvan

Not being able to remove creditcard details from an account is the perfect way to prevent account selling. Wich has been against the rules in online gaming forever. Ever thought about that????? If I'm correct you can cancel your subscription. But you can't remove your creditcard details. I think Snail Games is onto something here. No more powerlvling for accountselling anymore. Don't know why they screwed you out of your ingame money and stuff. Maybe you broke more rules then you think ;)

Not removing credit card details when requested can lead to nice big sanctions including losing the ability to accept major credit cards as the cc companies will simply deny service to Snail games. Plus lawsuits, which are even more fun. Ever thought about that? Of course you haven't.

They why are more companies doing it these days? They are all frauds or they all never thought about law suits? ;)
  • ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

Really? 

Your argument is that this seems honorable and  Snail should be praised for its ingenuity? 

You'll have to try harder to convince me that a foreign company refusing to remove cc information is good for the consumer.

Not removing credit card details when requested can lead to nice big sanctions including losing the ability to accept major credit cards as the cc companies will simply deny service to Snail games. Plus lawsuits, which are even more fun. Ever thought about that? Of course you haven't.

They why are more companies doing it these days? They are all frauds or they all never thought about law suits? ;)

Name one American mmo company that doesn't allow you to remove your cc details.

Edit: By the way, "Those other guys do it!!" is not a valid defense in court. Just because noone has been hit yet doesn't mean they can't or  won't be.

American? You fool, the world is bigger then the USA... Big lawsuits might be normal in America. The rest of the world calls it insanity.

Originally posted by Zorgo

Really? 

Your argument is that this seems honorable and  Snail should be praised for its ingenuity? 

You'll have to try harder to convince me that a foreign company refusing to remove cc information is good for the consumer.

Sites that sell powerlvling? Ppl that use it aren't cheaters in your opinion? It is in my book so they have my support. Even if it is just to reduce the annoying spam about it in globsl chat.
  • ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

Name one American mmo company that doesn't allow you to remove your cc details.

Edit: By the way, "Those other guys do it!!" is not a valid defense in court. Just because noone has been hit yet doesn't mean they can't or  won't be.

American? You fool, the world is bigger then the USA... Big lawsuits might be normal in America. The rest of the world calls it insanity.

Originally posted by Zorgo

Really? 

Sites that sell powerlvling? Ppl that use it aren't cheaters in your opinion? It is in my book so they have my support. Even if it is just to reduce the annoying spam about it in globsl chat.

This makes no sense. Are you implying:

' there are powerlvling companies which support cheaters, this therefore proves Snail 'holding' your cc number is honorable'

I said try harder, I'm not sure you are trying at all.

Don't twist my words man. Companies? Just call it nolifers in their mothers basement... And there is no honour in it, lol. Snail gets more profit and ppl that enjoy the game can play without powerlvling bs around them.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I always use PayPal and never give my credit card directly to any of these companies. Outside of the questionable security, I have no idea what is happening to my information.  I understand PayPal can get hacked, but at least it is only one site I have to deal with.  The idea of using a prepaid card or a game card is also a good idea.  I would stay far away from this game.  Thanks for the warning. 
  • RevofireRevofire Member UncommonPosts: 269

You can do a lot legally if you have to you know.

Change your thoughts and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

• HabitualFrogStompHabitualFrogStomp Member UncommonPosts: 370

I would be interested to know what laws exactly are being broken by not allowing credit cards to be removed from an account.

I work for a wagering provider in Australia, we store credit cards on file and do not purge them from the system, ever. This is in large part to prevent the same card from being registered to multiple accounts. We absolutely make the customers aware of this, and its perfectly legal as far as I know, its no secret or back alley dealings.

The country the consumer is from is not relevant, as they accept the T&C's when they set up an account with us, much like an EULA.

Best to just accept the rules and not kick up too much dust and you probably wouldnt get your char deleted. Most of the times someone has a "bad customer service experience" its because they either abused the staff, or had a unreasonable sense of entitlement about oneself.

• DeathsdollDeathsdoll Member UncommonPosts: 3

So sorry this happened to u and so many others. Here is a tip I have started doing (Wish I used it before this game), go to the forum of the game you have your eye on and read it til your eyes bleed lol. Most of what you will find there comes from the players. There is no better way that I see to really find out whats going on ingame without even having to login.

Yes there will be a troll or two but u can see past them, I look at it this way: If u have 3 friends and 1 walks up to u and says, whats that smell it could be him, If the 2nd friend walks over and says whats that smell it's time to do a self check, if the 3rd friend walks over and says whats that smell? Hun wash your azz!   Point is, if you missed it , if everyone is saying the same thing about the game there is some truth there :)

"Opinions Are Like Azz Holes, Everyone Has One and Some Peoples are One"...

DeathsDoll