Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mounts for gw2 !!! [ mod edit - Misleading title]

WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351
Mounts are coming to gw2. We will have to do a long quest chain like the story line and and find the mount skin we want to ride in pve. Basicaly any monster in pve can be picked for a skin. This will allow wvw people to stop spending 2-12 minets of long walking to get to the action. I caint wait to get my karka mount.    Then I woke up.

Comments

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by WarWitch
    Mounts are coming to gw2. We will have to do a long quest chain like the story line and and find the mount skin we want to ride in pve. Basicaly any monster in pve can be picked for a skin. This will allow wvw people to stop spending 2-12 minets of long walking to get to the action. I caint wait to get my karka mount.    Then I woke up.

Mounts are lame for PvP. I'd rather they add a speed chant class like bards etc. from DAOC instead. I know you're joking, but the travel times in WvW really are one of the reasons it doesn't appeal to me.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Daoc bards rocked. Yea actualy the point I am making is the down time due to zerg deaths is why a lot of would be wvw players just hop in run new pve content and wait a month to play again. You can farm realm ranks but its as slow as trying for the fastest car in need for speed world. After a while the I enjoy long walks through a 3 way zerg battle to get back to my guildies gets boaring. The best commanders seam to take this into account and map hop and port to spawn a lot to help us.
  • MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,267

I agree that the WvW distances gets boring very quick

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Please no mounts in GW2!  I feel the need to every so often shout this out.  One of the charms of this game is to go adventuring and find another player deep in the woods somewhere or down a ravine.  If you had mounts, people would simply be riding on the roads, thus losing a lot of the appeal of the open world in my opinion.  At the moment it is easy enough to wp to get around anyway. So please no mounts, thank you.
  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

Distances are very important in WvW tactics wise. Being able to get back into the fight in less than a few minutes would make death pretty much irrelevant, especially considering how long some WvW fights take.

I'm quite happy GW2 doesn't have mounts. They clutter towns and look stupid.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I'm amazed they haven't put them in the cash shop yet. They would be a huge earner.
  • bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    They build huge cities and they don't have any kind of mounts. It is just so stupid...
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    I'm amazed they haven't put them in the cash shop yet. They would be a huge earner.

I'd buy one for the aesthetic.  But I don't know if people in GW lore even rode mounts.  I never read the books.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

I agree that the WvW distances gets boring very quick

Yeah, I just don't really see the "fun" of open world PvP when you spend 20-30 minutes in a massive roam (zerg) only to spend 5 minutes plinking at each other from range when you actually run across another zerg.

Originally posted by bubaluba
    They build huge cities and they don't have any kind of mounts. It is just so stupid...

I don't like it either, but stupid?  Is it really any more stupid than having glowing winged lion mounts or giant dragons under every player in sight?  I don't think so.  There's a happy medium somewhere, even just horses would be fine.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Eir_S

I'd buy one for the aesthetic.  But I don't know if people in GW lore even rode mounts.  I never read the books.

There are NO MOUNTS in GW lore. They had way points but not mounts. It would break with the lore of GW universe. PLEASE STOP ASKING FOR STUFF LIKE THIS, until you understand the lore.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Lore

If you want mounts, go play another game.

I am amazed there aren't any threads as to why there are no elves in GW2 also. I mean mounts fit in the same category. Neither are in the lore and just because one game has them doesn't all games have to have them.

Originally posted by botrytis

There are NO MOUNTS in GW lore. They had way points but not mounts. It would break with the lore of GW universe. PLEASE STOP ASKING FOR STUFF LIKE THIS, until you understand the lore.

Thanks, yeah I didn't think so.  I remember a friend who read the books telling me that mounted travel/combat was never prevalent in the GW universe, so it wouldn't make much sense.  Then again, it's 250 years since EoTN, so maybe Engineers could invent vehicles.

(don't hurt me! lol)

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by botrytis

Thanks, yeah I didn't think so.  I remember a friend who read the books telling me that mounted travel/combat was never prevalent in the GW universe, so it wouldn't make much sense.  Then again, it's 250 years since EoTN, so maybe Engineers could invent vehicles.

(don't hurt me! lol)

The only vehicles are the war vehicles that the Charr use - that is all.

• keirionkeirion Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Stone summit dwarves used to ride yaks as well as those beasts that stood on two legs so there are mounts in the lore... it`s just that the people who used to ride them are all dead.
  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Charr used devourers as mounts in GW1. You could even ride one yourself. It replaced your skills.
  • steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352

Well I am confident they will add mounts to GW2, but unfortunately they will also be removed a week later never to be seen again.

• shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509
    Originally posted by flizzer
    Please no mounts in GW2!  I feel the need to every so often shout this out.  One of the charms of this game is to go adventuring and find another player deep in the woods somewhere or down a ravine.  If you had mounts, people would simply be riding on the roads, thus losing a lot of the appeal of the open world in my opinion.  At the moment it is easy enough to wp to get around anyway. So please no mounts, thank you.

Ugh, it irks me when people do this. If you want to goof off looking at vistas, look for easter eggs, erp with your friends, feel free to but don't go around imposing your preference on other people. If I don't want to look at a dumb vista then I'm not going to and a mount or lack thereof wouldn't influence me either way.

That said, while WvW travelling is tedious, I can see the other side of the situation- with the system the way it is now (down state) clearing a place like Stonemist is already harrowing without people resurrecting and returning to the fray in half of the time. Slowing down people by making them run in WvW is there for a reason.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by WarWitch

Completely agree. I was kinda hoping they'd come to their senses by now about alot of this stuff. It's annoying as an engineer ot have to run all over creation without a solid means of keeping swiftness up and not having a 25% run speed boost.

It's bad when trying to finish the dailies because the zones seem so much larger. Even if they limited the mounts to level 80's that would be something right there or made them go close to the speed of swiftness (say 40%) that would still make it easier to get around and get to events.

And as far as the location of teleporters for rezs are concerned they've moved stuff around in WvW before they can again to keep it from being a problem.

• pantheronpantheron Member UncommonPosts: 256
    personally i'm a HUGE fan of mounts. I would get them even if they didn't add to movement speed. I don't know what they would pull from for mounts though, since nobody rides anything in the game. I mean sure, they could make a Living Story thing where some bros are out partying and drinking, and they are like "hey, lets try and RIDE these PACK ANIMALS! that'll be funny!" and then mounts became a thing, but i doubt they'd do that. 

I play MMOs for the Forum PVP

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    These are design choices we all knew about since pre launch. Mounts for wvw would just tax the system more and lower performance for what a speed buff, get some warriors and guardians in your party=problem solved. The game can barely render the zergs themselves so lets stick mounts under everybody's @$$ that should help...
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Leaving this open since discussion has sprung up, but I added a note to the title.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]