Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Happy 100th day ArcheAge

KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

A bit late to the party as this happened a few weeks ago, but AA celebrated 100 days of being live. In game there was cake, and 100 day party hats !

Here is a nice video to celebrate the occasion...

http://youtu.be/d8W_VSBSNZc

Comments

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Wish this would release in the states already.
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Originally posted by coretex666

How is AA doing?

Is the population stable?Is it rising?Is it bleeding subs?

Its released only in Korea, so we have no clue how it will be in NA yet.  

• ZornhauZornhau Member UncommonPosts: 25

How is AA doing in Korea?

Not sure about subs but according to gamenote ranking it's held steady at #7 after falling from #3 since the start.

Top 10:

1) League of Legend

2) Sudden Attack

3) FIFA Online 3

4) Lineage

5) Blade & Soul

6) Aion

7) Archeage

8) Cypher Online

9) Critical

10) Diablo 3

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    Originally posted by Zornhau

Not sure about subs but according to gamenote ranking it's held steady at #7 after falling from #3 since the start.

Top 10:

1) League of Legend

2) Sudden Attack

3) FIFA Online 3

4) Lineage

5) Blade & Soul

6) Aion

7) Archeage

8) Cypher Online

9) Critical

10) Diablo 3

is it bad that its lower than Aion?

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• rockin_uforockin_ufo Member UncommonPosts: 378
    Originally posted by bingbongbros

Top 10:

1) League of Legend

2) Sudden Attack

3) FIFA Online 3

4) Lineage

5) Blade & Soul

6) Aion

7) Archeage

8) Cypher Online

9) Critical

10) Diablo 3

Aion is largely popular in Korea still. No idea why, but hey it was made for the East not the West.

Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
    It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
    'cause everyone thinks they're right,
    And nobody thinks that there just might
    Be more than one road to our final destination--

• SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458

Top 10:

1) League of Legend

2) Sudden Attack

3) FIFA Online 3

4) Lineage

5) Blade & Soul

6) Aion

7) Archeage

8) Cypher Online

9) Critical

10) Diablo 3

The most confusing thing is that Sudden Attack and the original Lineage are above most games.  Does Korea have bad taste in games or what?

• ZornhauZornhau Member UncommonPosts: 25

I don't think it's bad or even surprising that Archeage is lower than Lineage, Blade & Soul, and Aion.

Top 4 is RTS, FPS, Sports, and MMORPG and well represents each game genre.

You have to remember that Lineage is older and had the impact in SK that WoW had in US (and much earlier in fact).

It's only recently that Lineage has regained the 4th spot after people have started to lose some interest in B&S, Aion, and Archeage. As for B&S and Aion, well they are very popular in SK. I wouldn't be surprised if Archeage gain some steam after release of recent updates but who knows.

Or as some Western players claim . . . maybe it's a good thing it's not as popular in Asia. It means the game caters to our tastes. image

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500
    Originally posted by Ujirik

Top 10:

1) League of Legend

2) Sudden Attack

3) FIFA Online 3

4) Lineage

5) Blade & Soul

6) Aion

7) Archeage

8) Cypher Online

9) Critical

10) Diablo 3

The most confusing thing is that Sudden Attack and the original Lineage are above most games.  Does Korea have bad taste in games or what?

I would say most eu/na players have bad taste in mmorpgs ...

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

Don't forget ArcheAge you have to buy the box and then it's P2P. Which is very unusual in South Korea. Most games are free to download and then P2P, or just F2P.

ArcheAge started out with about 800,000 subs and has since dropped to about 250,000 subs, after the initial free time expired. So while it isn't a massive success it is a small minor success. The subs have been holding steady at that point for about 2 months now.

At least it isn't Tera where it was just a massive bomb..lol

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    For what it's worth, I don't think the Asian market is very receptive to open-world standbox style games.  They seem to like a lot of structure in their culture.

You make me like charity

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Originally posted by Epicent

^ me too

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• Black-MagicBlack-Magic Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by Punk999
    Originally posted by Epicent

^ me too

Same I really cant wait for it to come out!

I just hope it dosent flop like all the other games have been doing 

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    For what it's worth, I don't think the Asian market is very receptive to open-world standbox style games.  They seem to like a lot of structure in their culture.

Yeah right lol, Age Of Wushu had 20 million player in china alone think it's dropped to 15 million now, only the west understands sandbox, right lol.

Some of the best looking, feature packed sandbox mmo's are coming from Asia in the next few years.

Off-topic

I bet the western mmo media would like to receive this http://www.mmoculture.com/2013/05/archeage-preview-of-awesome-media-gift-bag-as-debut-test-nears/

That's some media gift bag, Ccan you see Trion or a western dev team doing this, nope.

• DrakephireDrakephire Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon

Yeah right lol, Age Of Wushu had 20 million player in china alone think it's dropped to 15 million now, only the west understands sandbox, right lol.

Some of the best looking, feature packed sandbox mmo's are coming from Asia in the next few years.

Off-topic

I bet the western mmo media would like to receive this http://www.mmoculture.com/2013/05/archeage-preview-of-awesome-media-gift-bag-as-debut-test-nears/

That's some media gift bag, Ccan you see Trion or a western dev team doing this, nope.

I would agree for the most part...whilst Western devs continue to chase the almighty WoW, Eastern devs are free to experiment.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Off-topic

No one is bashing Korean game designers or developers.

Yes, I can see Trion doing all manner of stuff to promote AA, but again, you have to play to your audience.  We have different tastes in games, Koreans tend to stick with their games as more of a social gathering, where as we tend to move along, playing several games in a year. 

Age of Wushu is not a sandbox, not nearly as sandbox as AA looks to be at any rate.  I alpha tested Age of Wushu and played up through open beta, and I would bet their subscription numbers are based more on free to play than anything else.

Anyway, way off topic, glad to see AA is going strong and I can't wait for it to release here.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

Originally posted by Hatefull

Off-topic

Yes, I can see Trion doing all manner of stuff to promote AA, but again, you have to play to your audience.  We have different tastes in games, Koreans tend to stick with their games as more of a social gathering, where as we tend to move along, playing several games in a year. 

Age of Wushu is not a sandbox, not nearly as sandbox as AA looks to be at any rate.  I alpha tested Age of Wushu and played up through open beta, and I would bet their subscription numbers are based more on free to play than anything else.

Anyway, way off topic, glad to see AA is going strong and I can't wait for it to release here.

Lol, Age Of Wushu is as much sandbox as ArcheAge is but both are really hybrids. 

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Off-topic

Lol, Age Of Wushu is as much sandbox as ArcheAge is but both are really hybrids. 

Wow...no not at all not sure where you are dreaming this up , but can you build a castle in Age of wushu? no you can't you can't even have your own house.  so you are really wrong there, or you don't understand what sandbox is.

2.  Every developer that invites press and special guests into their studio for a preview give the press and guests some sort of swag.  Its pretty much common knowledge.

While I can appreciate your passion, your statements are based on opinions and misinformation, I am just pointing out the inaccuracies. 

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

Off-topic

Wow...no not at all not sure where you are dreaming this up , but can you build a castle in Age of wushu? no you can't you can't even have your own house.  so you are really wrong there, or you don't understand what sandbox is.

2.  Every developer that invites press and special guests into their studio for a preview give the press and guests some sort of swag.  Its pretty much common knowledge.

While I can appreciate your passion, your statements are based on opinions and misinformation, I am just pointing out the inaccuracies. 

WTF are you talking about?

You can build forts, own guild territory and defend it, attack guild forts, guild wars, own land.

Farming, courts, prison, player policing in fact the games have quite a bit in common other than the theme.

300 people plus another 80 from assisting players and another 80 from Jianghu.

I could go on but i'm off to the gym but at least know what you are talking about before you actually post.

I'm not saying one is better than the other because they are both good game but make no mistake both games fall into the same category.

Hybrid mmo's.

They are not full sandbox mmo like Wurm Online or numerous other full sandbox mmo's.

You learn something new everyday, hey?

While i appreciate your passion, your statements are based on opinions and misinformation, i am just pointing out the inaccuracies.

• OmiragOmirag Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Oh snap girl! *grabs popcorn*

• BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Dayyyyummm...someone got told...
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by Kumapon

At least it isn't Tera where it was just a massive bomb..lol

TERA stayed in the top 10 in South Korea for the first year it was released, dropped as low as 20 and climbed back to 11 with F2P and is currently sitting 15th after 2.5 years.

Archeage is ahead of the pace(7th after 3 months, TERA was 2nd), so it's going to be a megabomb if TERA was a bomb.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Originally posted by Killsmallchi
    Oh snap girl! *grabs popcorn*

Mhmm! You go girl! You go on and tell them who is moving on up! Happy Birthday Kumapon!

Originally posted by Pivotelite

Originally posted by Kumapon At least it isn't Tera where it was just a massive bomb..lol
    TERA stayed in the top 10 in South Korea for the first year it was released, dropped as low as 20 and climbed back to 11 with F2P and is currently sitting 15th after 2.5 years.

Archeage is ahead of the pace(7th after 3 months, TERA was 2nd), so it's going to be a megabomb if TERA was a bomb.

Hey I like Tera as well, you should see all those Tera posts I made back in the day. But the numbers don't lie. So there is no point in getting all upset over it.

Originally posted by Sukiyaki
    I'm more inclined now about the updates the game received over the past and are planed ahead.I can only make so much about some few trailer and patch notes.Have more zones been added lately? Or any soon?

Off the top of my head, Xl games has added this past month :

- 2 new regions on the Northern continent

- Open dungeon under the ocean

- 10 man instance pve dungeon

- 5 vs 5 PVP BG

- New islands with bosses on them

- New Heroic World boss that lives under the ocean.

• maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511

Top 10:

1) League of Legend

2) Sudden Attack

3) FIFA Online 3

4) Lineage

5) Blade & Soul

6) Aion

7) Archeage

8) Cypher Online

9) Critical

10) Diablo 3

So, the only P2P mmorpg above Archeage is Blade & Soul (a martial arts mmo?). If yes, it's very good the AA's position.