Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

so what about subscription?

greetings guys. 

a couple of days ago I bought a new pc and with that TSW. I have to say that I am very impressed by its design and story. So I was thinking about going all the way to subscribe for a 6months plan... I only hesitate cause I cannot find more info regarding what the subscription includes. Specially regarding new content. I will be extremely sad if I pay for sub and I have to pay again for story/quests dlcs. Does anyone know if thats the case?

Comments

• SeventeenSeventeen Member Posts: 8
    thank you very much!
  • kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428

I would hold off on the subscription, until after you have played for a while, then decide if it is worth a monthly fee.

IMO, they got too greedy in trying to make money from both the subscriptions, and the in-game store.  In the process they gave subscribers far too little for their money.

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Seems like you'd be better off just buying $15 of bonus points each month.  The 10% discount doesn't make up for the fact that you're getting $5 less BPs with the sub.. am I missing something?
  • dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Originally posted by redcapp
    Seems like you'd be better off just buying $15 of bonus points each month.  The 10% discount doesn't make up for the fact that you're getting $5 less BPs with the sub.. am I missing something?

You're missing that (1) sub is only US$15 / month if you sub 1 month at a time -- see the post Ortwig linked and (2) in addition to the "bonus points" store credits, subscribers get 10 "veteran points" store credits per month which can be spent on items -- some of varying degrees of usefulness, some purely cosmetic -- that are not otherwise obtainable through the item shop. There is also a reusable XP booster (double XP from mob kills for 1 hour a day) and a cosmetic "item of the month" (those so far have been mostly hats or masks, though there was also one pet), but tbh I don't consider these last to be major selling points.

EDITED TO ADD: http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=66105 is the announcement for the veteran system. At the moment only some of the proposed items have actually been implemented.

• WillyMMORPGWillyMMORPG Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by dancingstar

You're missing that (1) sub is only US$15 / month if you sub 1 month at a time -- see the post Ortwig linked and (2) in addition to the "bonus points" store credits, subscribers get 10 "veteran points" store credits per month which can be spent on items -- some of varying degrees of usefulness, some purely cosmetic -- that are not otherwise obtainable through the item shop. There is also a reusable XP booster (double XP from mob kills for 1 hour a day) and a cosmetic "item of the month" (those so far have been mostly hats or masks, though there was also one pet), but tbh I don't consider these last to be major selling points.

EDITED TO ADD: http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=66105 is the announcement for the veteran system. At the moment only some of the proposed items have actually been implemented.

Wasn't another perk of subscribing monthly or going lifetime, that the Issue DLC packs would never cost more points than your monthly bonus of 1200?

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by WillyMMORPG

Wasn't another perk of subscribing monthly or going lifetime, that the Issue DLC packs would never cost more points than your monthly bonus of 1200?

Indeed, but atm it's more like just a foggy, distant promise (based on Issue 5 and 6). :)

But yes, if in the future there will be a huge pack which FC decide to sell for example $30 or more, then subbers / lifers will pay only 1200 point / $10.

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Just buy the Funcom points as needed. They can be spent in TSW and AoC. Buying anything tied to TSW gets you less and is only useable with TSW.
  • redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Originally posted by Po_gg
    Originally posted by WillyMMORPG

Indeed, but atm it's more like just a foggy, distant promise (based on Issue 5 and 6). :)

But yes, if in the future there will be a huge pack which FC decide to sell for example $30 or more, then subbers / lifers will pay only 1200 point / $10.

Ah, that makes sense then.  The other bonuses didn't seem enough to justify actually subbing.  Thanks guys.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

Haha i bought this game ages ago , tried it and loved it but my 

month ran out. Just found out its free now