Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rogue Playthrough

WarkidXWarkidX Member Posts: 5

Hey guys , I'm pretty new to the mmorpg.com community , so figured I'd introduce myself along with posting a new series I started. My name is Rob and I go by the gaming alias Warkid , I just recently started playing Neverwinter and its honestly amazing , especially for being free. 

Since I enjoy it so much figured I would start a fresh character (rogue) and bring you guys for the journey so to speak. I am new to the whole youtube commentary thing so it would mean a lot if you guys could check it out and give me some feedback on it, good or bad...anything to help me improve for future videos. 

Thank you for your time and input if you give me any. Feel free to subscribe for future parts to come , thanks again!

Part 1 : Rogue Playthrough w/ Commentary

Comments

• Mondo80Mondo80 Member UncommonPosts: 194

Tread cautiously here rob, this site a haven for forum trolls!

Ominous warnings aside how are you liking Neverwinter?  Trickster Rogues are fun from what I've seen and heard, me I like the Devoted Cleric.   The lvl 30 armors for the rogues kind of make em look like either a cowboy or the late crocodile hunter.

• WarkidXWarkidX Member Posts: 5

thanks for the warning bud, kinda sucks to hear.

I am loving the game so far, I'm not that far in to be honest as I am leveling up the rogue along with the playthrough so it will be pretty slow. I find it to be very addicting, as is any MMO that I've played.  What is the max level in neverwinter at the moment?

• XirikXirik Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by WarkidX

I am loving the game so far, I'm not that far in to be honest as I am leveling up the rogue along with the playthrough so it will be pretty slow. I find it to be very addicting, as is any MMO that I've played.  What is the max level in neverwinter at the moment?

I just hit 60 on my control wizard and so far my class seems a bit OP in pvp also the amount of people afking in pvp is huge as there is no penalty for afking.

if you check the AH house once and awhile you can find purple loot for cheaps too.

I suggest lvling up your  leadership up and sending out getting as many of the people for it and set them to craft astral diamonds.

also never miss a day of evoke cause the 7 day chest is the only way to get the 100% enchant item without paying cash. in order to do high lvl enchants as without it you only have a 1% chance of completion.

"You have some serious mental issues you may need to seek some help for. There are others who post things, but do not post them in the way you do. Out of every person who posts crazy shit in this forum, you have some of the craziest and scariest" -FarReach

Originally posted by Xirik
    Originally posted by WarkidX

I just hit 60 on my control wizard and so far my class seems a bit OP in pvp also the amount of people afking in pvp is huge as there is no penalty for afking.

if you check the AH house once and awhile you can find purple loot for cheaps too.

I suggest lvling up your  leadership up and sending out getting as many of the people for it and set them to craft astral diamonds.

also never miss a day of evoke cause the 7 day chest is the only way to get the 100% enchant item without paying cash. in order to do high lvl enchants as without it you only have a 1% chance of completion.

Wow thanks for the amazing amount of information and help here. Once I devote more time to this game, which I will be... all this will be taken into consideration. Right now I am purely focused on this playthrough, more parts will be up tomorrow. 

Control wizard def looked interesting , maybe I'll venture into that after this rogue. 

• Mondo80Mondo80 Member UncommonPosts: 194

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?243972-Patch-Notes-NW-1-20130416a-23

These are the most recent patch notes.

<blockquote restore="" "=""> Combat
    • Fixed an issue where the Guardian Fighter was able to do significantly more damage than was intended.

PvP
    • Players will now be removed from PvP for being AFK.

Mail
    • Fixed an issue where mail appeared to duplicate itself when other mail was deleted.

Clarification: The change to Guardian Fighters is not a balance change and does not affect damage output for that class under normal circumstances. This fixes a very rare circumstance where damage would be calculated incorrectly to a significant degree. Most players have never experienced this, however, those who have know that it was significant enough to warrant a fix ASAP. Thanks to all the players who requested clarification on this!

thanks for the update :)

Part 2 is now up, part 3 is otw! thanks for the feedback so far!