Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: Live Forum Q&A with WildStar's Jeremy Gaffney -- Begins NOW!

Comments

• DrarormDrarorm Member Posts: 10
    Is there going to be a 3rd human race..? Zombies, perhaps?
  • koiinkoiin Member Posts: 5

1. Group xp how will it be devided 50/50 or you all the same / bouses for more people that sort of stuff?

2. business model please dont be F2P

3. Mounts can we exspect groud and flying mounts?

4.  Dungeon finder? can i que for duegons or do i have to sit around for hours trying to get a group?

5. Max level?

• diaszdiasz Member UncommonPosts: 2
    When it is going to be released ?
  • DaGafferDaGaffer Carbine StudiosMember Posts: 62
    Originally posted by TownClowne
    If I submitted multiple beta invites due to changing information (in a guild, out of a guild, changed emails, part of a WildStar press project, etc) does that ruin my shot at beta due to it looking like I'm trying to artificially inflate my odds?

We filter out duplicates so that doesn't help or hurt you too much, so don't sweat it too much.  Our default answer on any given question is "what's the rational thing to do" and then we try to do that.

Jeremy Gaffney
    Executive Producer, Carbine Studios (Wildstar Online)

• AbefromanAbefroman Member UncommonPosts: 11

Will we have to replace every single piece of gear each tier like WoW?  Or will some pieces last more then one tier like in EQ?

Esports? Do you think Wildstar can qualify?
  • reaper1183reaper1183 Member Posts: 6
    I'm having a newborn baby, if I name him Gaffney, will this get me a beta invite? :)
  • tr1agetr1age Member Posts: 4
    Very happy to hear you are considering alternatives to Flying Mounts. The immersion is so much thicker when on foot or mount. Frodo didn't fly to the mountain, it would have been a very short, uninteresting movie then!
  • kittykatdpkittykatdp Member Posts: 5
    when are the last 2 races being announced??
    Originally posted by diasz
    When it is going to be released ?

As soon as we have fun, varied leveling content up to cap and solid elder games around each major playstyle, is the honest answer.  We'd like that to fall in 2013 but honestly getting it right is more important than hitting a date; you only get to launch once and the mentality of "launch a patcher and then fill in the game" has killed more MMOs than any other disease.

Jeremy Gaffney

• OffBlastOffBlast Member Posts: 8

A bit of a simple question, my dear Gaffney!

Will there be a title system in WildStar? Such as titles garnered from feats or achievements such as <Name> the Badass.

• BlackStar90BlackStar90 Member Posts: 1
    Raids for 40 people gonna be hardcore. And what about raids for 20? How many peoples (%) can see them?
  • CosamuertaCosamuerta Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Will there be support for Spanish speakers?
  • AbefromanAbefroman Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Originally posted by tr1age
    Very happy to hear you are considering alternatives to Flying Mounts. The immersion is so much thicker when on foot or mount. Frodo didn't fly to the mountain, it would have been a very short, uninteresting movie then!

Then don't use a flying mount.

Originally posted by kittykatdp
    when are the last 2 races being announced??

One of the races are such mischievous bastages that we're pretty sure they're trying to announce themselves against our will.

Next few months in all likelihood!

Jeremy Gaffney

• PokketPokket Member Posts: 80

Simple question: Can you have numbers in your name? What about special characters like spaces or dashes.

This is important to me for... reasons.

(Serious question btw :D :D :D).

Youtube: PokketProductions | Twitter: @Pokketsays | Facebook: Pokketsays
  • soodoughsoodough Member Posts: 4
    Pants or no pants?
  • TrivolverTrivolver Member Posts: 10

I hate to use World of Warcraft as a primary example.. but in WoW, one of the deaths of world-pvp was flying mounts. How will this be addressed if flying mounts are implemented in the game?

Also, how will Wildstar cater to the Role-playing community?

• suizendosuizendo Member UncommonPosts: 67
    How will PvP be handled, and is there a criminal system? Open world pvp specific servers?
    Originally posted by coatsy35

Can you give any information on how you going to cater to solo players at Eldergame?

Sure:  Short form is we're aiming for at least one big dynamic area chock full of PQs and other solo/semi-solo content, regular new consumable content advancing the world story (approximately once a month but if we're cool like the GW2 guys we'll speed it up even more), deep housing stuff (some revealed some not), and more.  Around the end of the summer we'll lift the veil on a lot of the elder game plans in detail so that it's not hand-wavey answers.

Jeremy Gaffney

• darkraxieldarkraxiel Member Posts: 7
    what business model are you going to implent (f2p,b2p,p2p9?
  • Leonidas10Leonidas10 Member Posts: 4

Most MMOs are faced with leaks, but you've chosen to respond rather differently than other companies in similar circumstances. What was the reasoning behind taking a more proactive approach?  

What can we expect from pre-order bonuses? Flying mount and a pet would be awesome :p
  • WrekhWrekh Member Posts: 8
    When can we expect new and as always awesome Dev Speak? :)
  • LochnessLochness Member UncommonPosts: 12

Will there be pre-order or founder stuff for the game?

Why i ask is lot of gamers buy the game on pre-order to get in to CB ect.

And  will it be a monthly fee on the game (i realy realy hope so)?

This discussion has been closed.