Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Poll] Have you consistantly played a game for more than a year?

Comments

• RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426
    Age of Conan ....every day for 4 years ... not currently

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

• GabiruGabiru Member UncommonPosts: 63
    Originally posted by Reizla

Originally posted by Gabiru
    only Lineage 2, no other came close to it

Funny how you mention it in past tense... Guess you quited shortly after GoD expansion..?

Was playing like a mad man until C5. In CT series, after the Garcia expansion I quit playing. I did try GoD, it was not good, they killed the game with that one.

I would gladly pay again to start playing C1 in a new server, think most lineage2 players  would

• MudfinMudfin Member UncommonPosts: 19

Voted 3 and should've have voted 4 but for got one until this reply.

Everquest

AO

CoH

WOW

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

I don't consider myself to have really played an MMO if it wasn't my primary game for a year.

Anything less is just a test drive.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by colddog04
    What is strange to me about this thread is that people wear their long term play time like a badge of honor; like playing one game for a very long time is some kind of a virtue. I've always been slightly embarrassed by how much I play these games and how long I've played any one in particular.

I take it you don't have many friends that are hobbyists or sports fanatics. There's probably a couple reasons for me to be embarrassed to be a Mets fan, but watching their games for several decades is certainly not one of them. :)  It's passion for a pasttime. Passion for something that one feels a part of.

Is it a badge of honor that one was on server x when player y did amazing task z?  Or that one was there before the The Great Nerfing of [year/patch]?

For someone really into the game/community, it's perfectly reasonable for them to consider it to be. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by maplestone

I don't consider myself to have really played an MMO if it wasn't my primary game for a year.

That's sort of the same way I feel about relationships image

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Just WoW, honestly.  GW2 hasn't been out a year yet, and I haven't found many MMO's other than those to be worth a year's worth of constant play.  Hopefully Wildstar will change that, but if it doesn't, it'll be in good (short-term) company at least.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by maplestone

That's sort of the same way I feel about relationships image

Games are not relationships. Not to me.

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048
    I played ffxi for a few months when it came out in 2003 and then returned a year later in 2004 and played consistently other than when I was in basic training until 2009. Then returned a year ago and played for about 14 months.
  • DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    FFXI, Mabinogi, Glitch, FFXIV in that order, overlapping of course.
  • BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Just Phantasy Star Online , Phantasy Star Universe and SWTOR. Hopefully PSO2 will be my fourth , when we eventually get it , *looks at Sega*.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Only 2 games ever occupied my time for over a year

1) Anarchy Online

2) WoW

• SiladorSilador Member Posts: 1
    Dragon realm Old school mud loved this game . EQ played that for a long time . DAOC about a year or so . WOW was the last one I have played for a long time, The stuff that is out now I do not think it will hold my attention for a year. I am hoping Wild Star might Hold my attention for a year or so .
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

I played EQ for 3 years and WoW for 6 - 7.

Unfortunately, I haven't found much to play for a very long time after I left WoW.  I've played GW2 very casually since release.  I suppose there is a possibility that I will reach a year with GW2.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

ive played many mmos for over a year, but none of them were constantly day by day nonstop for a whole year or more.

I dont play 1 mmo constantly for that long. I jump mmos almost every month(even weeks), back n forth between different games. To me Its more fun that way because i get to play whatever i feel like playing that day / week / month.

• IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305
    SWG for years straight without touching another MMO. WoW for a couple years non stop and still go back ooccasionally. Still play several but I jump back and forth between them....LoTRo Rift Aoc TSW SWTOR...
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Only WoW.  Say what you will, but it was a really good game with an engaging and active community.  I stopped playing regularly during Cata, and stopped completely after MoP, but that could have just been the game getting long in the tooth for me.

You make me like charity

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Just one: SWG (pre-cu)...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Member UncommonPosts: 472

one and only one.

DAoC, for nearly 4 years, 40 hours + a week :P

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

• EdeusEdeus Member CommonPosts: 506
    WoW, EVE, FFXI, AION

Taru-Gallante-Blood elf-Elysean-Kelari-Crime Fighting-Imperial Agent

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    I played CoH for 4 years, LotRO for 2 years, WoW for 1 year, Wizard 101 for 1 year, and EQ2 for a year. I've played a lot of other games, but they didn't hold my interest for very long.
  • KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 606
    Eve and Perpetuum. Only two mmos out of hundreds that kept my attention for more then 3 months.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• sherlockiamasherlockiama Member Posts: 4
    I played COH/COV for 6 years and I have played Wizards 101 for at least a year. I started playing it while still playing CoH and have played it off and on since COH shutdown [what a travesty].  I have now picked up playing Champions Online because i needed that feeling of being a hero again.
  • -aLpHa--aLpHa- Member UncommonPosts: 852

Anarchy Online 2 years: Fucking Missions (in the starter days where the game was buggy as hell) runs where a chore but then there where Hecklers, lol!

Star Wars Galaxies 2-4 years: it was a on and off with CU and the other shit, forgot it's name

World of Warcraft 6 years: Well what can i say, still remember not having a Epic mount for almost a year because i didn't want to farm 1k gold, haha.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

You forgot the option 0

I've not played any MMO consecutively for a solid calendar year, i've had 1-4 month breaks from certain games.

And probably 99.9% that have answered haven't either, it's a not a year, if you play 8 months outta 12 :)

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.