Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Exploiting on Dragon server and calling out those who do it

FuchsiaFuchsia Member Posts: 8

Hi,

So things are getting so out of hand in my opinion in not just this NWN community, but everywhere.  And I mean attitude, cheating, and everything else.  It almost seems as if at least the F2P community could care less about policing their products, and the good of the MMO community never speaks up to police the people ruining things either.  I feel like we've become too passive.

Well, I don't know if this is against policy and honestly I am so fed up that I don't even care if I were to be banned here because I mostly just read the forums.  I'd rather not be banned, but I can't sit here after playing these games for 9 years and let the games that I play be ruined OVER AND OVER AGAIN by the community - without speaking up.

There are many people exploiting in this game - most of the early 60s for example exploited the foundry to gain 2.5 levels in minutes by knocking off 50 elite ogres from a ledge, or ogres contained in a room where the mobs couldn't move.  But NONE of them are as bad as the guild below.   They have found just about every way possible to cheat and they really take advantage of it, mock you while doing it, and laugh because no one ever does anything to them for doing it.

[mod edit - removed link]

My question is WHEN do we give up or fight?  I know that there are still many nice people because I meet them.  But WHEN do we do something, speak up, and demand that this stuff is unacceptable?  I am tired of everyone just doing nothing about it and ruining my game, and its not just my game its ALL of our games (and our game experiences).

I am only touching on cheating here, but the ATTITUDE in general is *beyond awful* these days too.

This has gone too far!  Cryptic seems to be the worst company I've seen with this.  They refuse to ban anyone even the BLANTANT CHEATERS who got to level 60 in two hours are STILL playing.  Even the people who found the exploit to hit for millions of damage and are solo killing the top bosses in a single shot, and then turning around to sell it to people like you and I for the *hundreds and thousands* of dollars.

I love these games but I'm so close to just throwing in the towel and finding a new hobby. :(

Comments

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

One, you should NOT flag up people on the forums like this, those should be taken directly in game to the support staff.

Two, your screen shot gives absolutely 0 proof of anything. It shows absolutely 0 proof, 95% of what I see being useless information with the only 'clue' of chat being about being in spawn before match started, which no proof is shown of this at all. 

Sorry buddy but... you got to give actual proof not just random information, most of which has 0 to do with what you claim.

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500

Banned = no cash for Cryptic

Simple

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Kinda agree. General attitudes on map chat or something always promise to be vulgar(and have gotten worse in my opinion), but thats why i find a nice guild and roll with only them most times.

Cheating on the other hand has always been around. People will find the path of least resistance. 

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676
    Originally posted by Fuchsia

Hi,

So things are getting so out of hand in my opinion in not just this NWN community, but everywhere.  And I mean attitude, cheating, and everything else.  It almost seems as if at least the F2P community could care less about policing their products, and the good of the MMO community never speaks up to police the people ruining things either.  I feel like we've become too passive.

Well, I don't know if this is against policy and honestly I am so fed up that I don't even care if I were to be banned here because I mostly just read the forums.  I'd rather not be banned, but I can't sit here after playing these games for 9 years and let the games that I play be ruined OVER AND OVER AGAIN by the community - without speaking up.

There are many people exploiting in this game - most of the early 60s for example exploited the foundry to gain 2.5 levels in minutes by knocking off 50 elite ogres from a ledge, or ogres contained in a room where the mobs couldn't move.  But NONE of them are as bad as the guild below.   They have found just about every way possible to cheat and they really take advantage of it, mock you while doing it, and laugh because no one ever does anything to them for doing it.

[mod edit - removed link]

My question is WHEN do we give up or fight?  I know that there are still many nice people because I meet them.  But WHEN do we do something, speak up, and demand that this stuff is unacceptable?  I am tired of everyone just doing nothing about it and ruining my game, and its not just my game its ALL of our games (and our game experiences).

I am only touching on cheating here, but the ATTITUDE in general is *beyond awful* these days too.

This has gone too far!  Cryptic seems to be the worst company I've seen with this.  They refuse to ban anyone even the BLANTANT CHEATERS who got to level 60 in two hours are STILL playing.  Even the people who found the exploit to hit for millions of damage and are solo killing the top bosses in a single shot, and then turning around to sell it to people like you and I for the *hundreds and thousands* of dollars.

I love these games but I'm so close to just throwing in the towel and finding a new hobby. :(

You cannot single out one specific group or person. You have stated that exploits are numerous meaning that there are 10's maybe 100's of people taking advantage of these.

But, I totally share your complete frustration with the general goings on, which are not confined to just the one server.

Foundry exploits, end dungeon exploits, afk pvp.

Apparently the latest patch will see afk people being kicked - but how effective will this be? Get your character to run round the camp fire a bit to overcome this, or jump on the spot?

Stopping these after the fact really is sealing the leaky bucket after all the water has gone out. These players have already gained levels (to cap), AD, Gold, Gear.

The mistake that was made - and too late to fix this - was to have this open beta with the cash shop open and no character wipe. All these exploit issues could then have been resolved and an official launch taken place with everyone back on a level playing field.

Now, however they cannot do this because of this open beta-soft launch introduction.

• FuchsiaFuchsia Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Purutzil

One, you should NOT flag up people on the forums like this, those should be taken directly in game to the support staff.

Two, your screen shot gives absolutely 0 proof of anything. It shows absolutely 0 proof, 95% of what I see being useless information with the only 'clue' of chat being about being in spawn before match started, which no proof is shown of this at all. 

Sorry buddy but... you got to give actual proof not just random information, most of which has 0 to do with what you claim.

What are you talking about?  It clearly shows multiple people saying the same thing about what is happening while its happening.  The reason you see the "Your companions cannot help you" spam is because its in a live PVP match.  And it shows the people doing it bragging about "YOLO" and "1000-0" etc, as a DIRECT response to people telling them they cheated.  Plus I cut out two minutes of nonsense about it in between because apparently I can't use PRINTSCREEN in NVW so I had to use Windows Paint to make screenshots.

Regardless you are being offensive and missing the point (you know the thing in bold that I put there so people wouldn't miss the point).  I don't care what YOU think I should and shouldn't do or why you think that I would.  I think YOU SHOULDN'T stick up for cheaters in a game where its absolutely BLATANTLY out of hand and well accepted as truth right now, because it makes you look like you are one of the cheaters.  But I am not going to tell you not to or accuse. :)

• ClaesClaes Member CommonPosts: 265

This really sounds more like gamebreaking bugs the developers should have fixed before releasing. If they were undiscovered before release, the game should've been halted and the servers brought down when discovered, until a fix was in place. Letting something like this live, even for a short period of days, completely destroys a game's future.

Unprofessional.

Originally posted by JudgeUK

You cannot single out one specific group or person. You have stated that exploits are numerous meaning that there are 10's maybe 100's of people taking advantage of these.

But, I totally share your complete frustration with the general goings on, which are not confined to just the one server.

I can understand and agree with that.  My reasoning for posting that was simply to show an example, and they are the only example (as a defined group) that I have.  I also have responses like "ahhah u f**king idiot they wont do s*** you fa**ot!" if that helps. ;)

The point is... what do we do about it?  Does anyone even care anymore?   This stuff is accepted because we let it be.  A service company cannot exist without customers, and the reality is that we have more power than we think if only we were organized.

Or maybe not.  I don't know! :)

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676
    Originally posted by Claes

This really sounds more like gamebreaking bugs the developers should have fixed before releasing. If they were undiscovered before release, the game should've been halted and the servers brought down until a fix was in place. Letting something like this live, even for a short period of days, completely destroys a game's future.

Unprofessional.

My Cleric has now ground it's way to lvl 51. The chat is just rampant in regard to openly advertising these exploits.

Having experienced - I've actually lost count - many game launches, got to say this is down there with the worst of them for the scale and number of exploits.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

The problems the OP is describing won't go away unless the developer of the game actively enforces their rules, and aggressively prosecutes cheaters. Any attempts at "action" by the frustrated playerbase will most probably result in the activists being banned on grounds of harassment.

When people are blatantly organising AFK PVP groups in General Chat or advertising for members to join exploit groups, then things are clearly so far out of hand that the "anything goes" attitude becomes accepted by everyone.

Policing the playerbase costs money, because it's something that requires human effort. Perhaps the developers of F2P games primarily focus on cheats that can affect their income directly. I'm sure that any dupe or exploit involving Cash Shop currency will be shut down as fast as possible.  

Ironically, the players at level cap in NWO are most likely the second biggest group of spenders in the Cash Shop, with brand new players being the highest spenders. So perhaps it's actually advantageous to PW/Cryptic to have so many players reaching level cap overnight ;)

• treelotreelo Member Posts: 70

It's our game but they are spoiling your experience.  Your rallying cry is at odds with your objective, as by that logic it is their game as well, and if they want to act like asshats that's their choice.

Frown, report, move on.  Broadcasting their dickery to the world isn't going to change a thing.  Such behaviour is precisely to invoke reactions like this, and I imagine they'd have a jolly good laugh and consider it mission accomplished if they happen to stumble upon your rant.  Don't feed the troll.

Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Ironically, the players at level cap in NWO are most likely the second biggest group of spenders in the Cash Shop, with brand new players being the highest spenders. So perhaps it's actually advantageous to PW/Cryptic to have so many players reaching level cap overnight ;)

I do wonder about Cryptic being afraid to ban the cheaters because there are so many.

I don't think a lot of the cheaters themselves are spending money.  I saw pictures of someone with bags full of purple items and (I'm guessing) *thousands of dollars* worth of diamonds that they've "earned" by selling off exploited purple items.  I'm sure they are pretty much set for life, and so are many of the other item exploiters too.

Only the honest players are spending real money right now! :)

Originally posted by SpottyGekko

I do wonder about Cryptic being afraid to ban the cheaters because there are so many.

I don't think a lot of the cheaters themselves are spending money.  I saw pictures of someone with bags full of purple items and (I'm guessing) *thousands of dollars* worth of diamonds that they've "earned" by selling off exploited purple items.  I'm sure they are pretty much set for life, and so are many of the other item exploiters too.

Only the honest players are spending real money right now! :)

Sounds a bit like RL and paying taxes... imageimage

• SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458
    I think the real problem is that the moderators do nothing when they receive reports.  You shouldn't be blaming Cryptic as they're just a developer entirely owned by Perfect World Entertainment.  The game is also hosted on the PWE portal and I highly doubt that Cryptic has anything to do with game moderation.  Perfect World Entertainment has never been known as a company with good customer service.  Anyway, don't blame the community and blame the moderators instead.  I'm sure you're not the only person reporting people for abusing exploits.

Originally posted by treelo

It's our game but they are spoiling your experience.  Your rallying cry is at odds with your objective, as by that logic it is their game as well, and if they want to act like asshats that's their choice.

Frown, report, move on.  Broadcasting their dickery to the world isn't going to change a thing.  Such behaviour is precisely to invoke reactions like this, and I imagine they'd have a jolly good laugh and consider it mission accomplished if they happen to stumble upon your rant.  Don't feed the troll.

Acting like an "asshat" is very different than doing exploits to earn in game gear or currency.   Or doing exploits so that other players cannot accomplish their goals.  I am not suggesting we report asshats, I guess am questioning if honest players are doing enough or should make more of an effort to report the cheaters/exploiters.

Even in this thread I am reading things like "Reporting them won't accomplish anything" or "You are more likely to get banned for harassment if you report them".  Really?  Come on people! :)

• VocadiVocadi Member UncommonPosts: 205

"You have ruined your own lands, you'll not ruin ours!

On a side note, Neverwinter has been in 'open beta' for less than a month.  If I paid a monthly sub for a game and had been paying into it for quite a while (WoW), I would also be miffed enough to throw in the towel if I encountered griefing, bad attitudes and just general a$$baggery .

But for a ftp game that takes hardly any time to level I just dont see the time sink and commitment required that would induce a revolt.

• PlageronPlageron Member Posts: 109

I gave up on the pvp as well.

But for a differing reason.....I noticed in zone chat some people gloating about how good they where so I QUED up and sure enough they beat me with the team I was with......it was a bit strange though....as they would get points even though they didn't control all the control points and they got them faster then my team who held at least 2 control points and at times 3 and we did this more then they did....so we should have won from the points....but didn't.

So I thought ok they have two rogues a cleric and control wizard......so I switched to a control wizard and qued up ...and that's when I saw even more out right hacks and cheating.

The two rogues would constantly break out of my holds instantly.....worse when the great weapon fighter hit one for 5000+ damage the rogue didn't take any damage.....so I looked at their health....we where supposed to be all level 19.....yet the rogues both had a health of 55,000.  not kidding here....and they where immune to control effects they also didn't even try to use hide at all...as they didn't need to......their damage was insane....a lot more then any trickster rogue can do.

They also where doing the old getting to places they should not be able to...to a point that when I personally went and took their control point that is blocked from our team.....I personally defeated their control wizard....with my wizard.....and proceeded to teleport back to the control.....as in I would give him a death blow....and blink he would come back....I knocked him over the side.....blink he was back.

After that...I just kind of gave up.

yes trickster rogues are tough in pvp but their flaw is they usually cant stop control effects they get one power after level 30 that will give them 6 seconds of control immunity and takes 30 seconds to recharge...they are one trick pony characters.

And guardian fighters yes they can block a lot.....but when you hit them form the rear they still take a lot of damage also they cant attack when blocking and thus you can break their block meter down.

And control wizards can blink and things....but really they are slow at moving....and having a heck of time against someone who keeps knocking them back are staying in real close.

And clerics....well they are clerics.....developers penalized them a lot....their featured class ability righteousness all it is a -40% penalty....that's right their bonus power is a penalty....on top of having low damage and low healing power.

And great weapon fighters....their armor isn't being calculated for them....they seam to have the same armor if they don't wear any...and the defense obviously on them isn't being calculated fully.

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464

Talking about the community: Most of my guildies were sleeping earlier so I decided to just pug a dungeon since delves were going. I tried the entire hour to queue for a group, getting kicked as soon as I entered for an hour straight, finally getting in a group...getting called a faggot and then kicked, then with 2 minutes left on the delve event I got a group that didn't kick me, but it was because they were using a wall exploit to skip the dungeon and farm a boss real quick. Logged, came back a couple hours later, first dungeon queue I get a group that is just charging through mobs, skipping the first two bosses in the frost dungeon and then asking me to exploit the boss from a ledge. I've had enough NW...

God I hope this isn't a trend.

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486
    Originally posted by wordiz

Talking about the community: Most of my guildies were sleeping earlier so I decided to just pug a dungeon since delves were going. I tried the entire hour to queue for a group, getting kicked as soon as I entered for an hour straight, finally getting in a group...getting called a faggot and then kicked, then with 2 minutes left on the delve event I got a group that didn't kick me, but it was because they were using a wall exploit to skip the dungeon and farm a boss real quick. Logged, came back a couple hours later, first dungeon queue I get a group that is just charging through mobs, skipping the first two bosses in the frost dungeon and then asking me to exploit the boss from a ledge. I've had enough NW...

i always go with rdm groups to dg's and never seen those "exploiting" and cheating people. i sometimes wonder if people like u play the same game as me. well yeah afk people in pvp are a problem but sayin that there are so many cheating people is just a lie.

It's an F2P game, so no need to worry about getting banned. There are a great many people in this world who will do the most unspeakable things if they know there's going to be no consequences...

• onlinenow25onlinenow25 Member UncommonPosts: 305

The game is pretty bad but I don't think your even playing it and making stuff up.

I've read similar posts about other MMO's in the past and its all been complete bull.  At least the OP has proof of exploits, while you on the other hand show nothing and just bash the game.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    As you've probably gathered, these types of callouts aren't allowed on here for several reasons. Most often, it winds up as one-sided bashing. It's something in-game tickets should handle.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.