Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wich mmorpg has the most girls?

Before trolls start saying GIRL =  GUY in real life

We came a long way and gaming isn't just guys thing or nerdy guys thing. Gaming is now hip it's popular and even girls are playing it now. I am also talking about girls that are above their 20is, not teens or kids.

From my experience girls like more adventure games or role playing games, although there is girls that play shooter games, stuff us guys never thought girls will do cause they always like cute stuff. They also like games that has good character customization, cloths, hair, face. Since we all know girls are into make up and dress up and that stuff.

So the question is in which MMORPG are the most girls playing?

I personally think it's probably Tera online, because it has good looking female characters, girls like that their character look good and has good enough customization for them.

Another game i think it has a lot of girls is Champions online, a lot of customization. Where girls would often cosplay as furries or other characters.

Comments

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

I'm not even a woman and every time a thread like this pops up i feel offended

You can't stereotype women into a specific category, cut it out.

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899
    Not sure why you want to know, since games are not a good dating site, but I noticed EQ2 has some.  How do I know you may ask - guilds that use vent or team speak where you can hear a players voice..  Again, not sure why it matters.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257

You'll find that most female players tend to play male characters so they don't get harassed. And who knows how many play, most don't let on they are female. I've witnessed problems with female friend, she was getting bother from couple male players, its a shame really.  And why do you want to know how many female gamers there are? :P

EDIT: Very rare for males to have problems with harassment, but that can happen.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    There are games with more female players than others though.

Eve is notoriously a pretty much boys only club.

I'm playing ps2, out of my guild of 50, we have 3 women.

A simmilar sized wow guild would probably have say 15 women.

I'm not sure its a pvp thing though, because war kinda excepted the rule, quite a few female players in that.
  • AdinaNZAdinaNZ Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Originally posted by Agoden

I'm not even a woman and every time a thread like this pops up i feel offended

You can't stereotype women into a specific category, cut it out.

Yep, spot on.  Girls everywhere, and for most girls, they don't care if you know they're a girl or not.  There will always be a few running around screeching it to the moon, attention seeking in games and RL, but they're just  a vocal minority.  A good many don't want attention solely based on gender, but rather on gaming skills.

**********************************************************************************
    ***4 out of 5 voices in my head agree--I'm ok. It's the fifth one the scares the hell out of me.***

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

Sounds like the OP is looking for a new game to play.

On topic though: They're everywhere, you just gotta look :), I for example met a SEA woman player on WoT while talking on a WoT post in a thread, I play on the EU and before you ask: She's leagues better than me.. it's friggin scary to see that woman driving a russian heavy...

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

I'd say Tera has a high female to male ratio but I'm sure there is some MMO I don't even know about because it's a 'girly' MMO that has a much higher female ratio.

I suppose I could get up on my soap box and flame you about the stereotype but you also said MMO's were for nerdy guys and nobody said boo about that. What's that called? Double standard? We all stereotype. G.I.R.L. is a stereotype.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    I'd say go with a game that has the most players, such as WOW, if you are talking about the greatest number of female players.

Now as to the title with the highest percentage of female players vs the entire population it's much harder to say and I don't think you can stereotype and say one game has more than another based on the appeal of it's features to women.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• antman00antman00 Member Posts: 2

I'm doing a scientific project....

But you have to admit playing with girls can be fun, we all know girls are good in multi tasking so in games thats good a ass-et xD, I don't see anything wrong with meeting with  a girl in game and eventually setting a date in real life, for example Syndicate and kate meet on minecraft, how else are you gonna meeta gamer girl if not on the games, right. Although it can be hit and miss sometimes, well a lot of times LOL... just sayin

• NIIINIII Member UncommonPosts: 113

I have never met more females in an mmorpg than on Aion.

That is all.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by ShakyMo

Not a chance.

In LotrO, MAYBE, but probably not.

• VocadiVocadi Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Originally posted by antman00

But you have to admit playing with girls can be fun, we all know girls are good in multi tasking so in games thats good a ass-et xD, I don't see anything wrong with meeting with  a girl in game and eventually setting a date in real life, for example Syndicate and kate meet on minecraft, how else are you gonna meeta gamer girl if not on the games, right. Although it can be hit and miss sometimes, well a lot of times LOL... just sayin

Scientific eh.... thanks for contributing to the general malaise of the community. I suggest a walk, sunshine and fresh air.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

Nicely played. 

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

There's actually quite a few girls playing mmo's.  Maybe I saw the most in LOTRO.  There were quite a few in WOW though as well. 

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by tom_gore
    Originally posted by ShakyMo

Not a chance.

In LotrO, MAYBE, but probably not.

Was about to say LotRo as well. In my old guild, of the 30 active members there were about 7 women there. I haven't seen any other MMO with so many female players. Though I gotta say, in Lineage II I've been in a clan with quite a lot of female players as well - my perm-group even had 4 females out of 12 players (...and the chit-chat on the team's TS channel...)

• MaakuMaaku Member Posts: 90

Number wise, I'd have to say WoW as well just for the insane amount of players. And living in China, let me tell you, lots of them are girls! Women... Girls. But personally I was surprised at the number of women in GW2 (RP servers). I can't throw a dagger without hitting one.

EU SERVER: Piken Square

NA SERVER: Tarnished Coast

Small Edit since I saw the guild/clan posts right before mine: GW2 has entire guilds made up of women. 2 of them I joined and was just pleasantly surprised when I joined the Vent channel. This was on Tarnished Coast.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

I was in a EQ2 raiding guild a few years ago where for the raiding team it was pretty much 50/50 but today it's probably more like 1/3 or some such.  Who knows for most of the newer games I play as no one ever talks anymore other than to talk about how WoW was the first MMO.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Wait... it's not Scarlet Blade?
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Wait... it's not Scarlet Blade?

That was going to be my answer.....

• mappammappam Member UncommonPosts: 31

Have to jump in here = I am a GIRL = actually a 67 year old granny. I have been a beta tester for Most of the newer MMO's - going back to AC2.

I still (once in awhile) play GW2 and EQ2. I have played Vanguard, Conan, LoTRo, Wow, Aion, Rift etc etc....

BTW - I am always a female character and have NEVER had a problem with being harassed in any of the games. I am in guilds and everyone knows I am female. I 'think' EQ2 has the most females (at least in my guild) of any of the other games.

Why "once in awhile" = RL - just had partial knee replacement after 2 other surgeries on my knee.

I am now waiting for WildStar as it looks like it MAY offer what I like to do - craft and housing. I am usually a ranger/archer but my main in EQ2 is guardian. YES I do fight but in EQ2 the housing and my Carpenter have a lot of fun decorating and making the furnishings.

I live in my own little world - I like it there - everyone knows me.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Before trolls start saying GIRL =  GUY in real life

We came a long way and gaming isn't just guys thing or nerdy guys thing. Gaming is now hip it's popular and even girls are playing it now. I am also talking about girls that are above their 20is, not teens or kids.

From my experience girls like more adventure games or role playing games, although there is girls that play shooter games, stuff us guys never thought girls will do cause they always like cute stuff. They also like games that has good character customization, cloths, hair, face. Since we all know girls are into make up and dress up and that stuff.

So the question is in which MMORPG are the most girls playing?

I personally think it's probably Tera online, because it has good looking female characters, girls like that their character look good and has good enough customization for them.

Another game i think it has a lot of girls is Champions online, a lot of customization. Where girls would often cosplay as furries or other characters.

are we talking % or individual players.

if we go by % i'd guess LoL or maybe TSW

If we go by the numbers... WoW i'd say due to the massive amount of players they have.

Any way... Good trolling mate. Now go and take a course in modern gender studies.

This have been a good conversation

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

:scratch self:

Naw, too early.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

My guess would be Asian styled F2P.  Aika (spelling?) comes to mind.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Originally posted by Jorl

You'll find that most female players tend to play male characters so they don't get harassed.

This is not true in the slightest. I'm sure a few do but most girls I've met play female characters and many guys do as well. I've never seen or heard of any harassment problems nor do I know how you'd even do that. Half of the female toons are guys anyway and everyone knows it. Besides, most people I've met in games don't care one way or the other. I don't know what kind of shitty people you've met but I've played several games and just acting normal having fun, playing with friends - I've never had issues, nor have I met anyone that has had issues, nor is girls playing male characters anywhere near the norm. I'm sorry that you had a problem with it, but that's not the average experience.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by Leiloni
    Originally posted by Jorl

You'll find that most female players tend to play male characters so they don't get harassed.

This is not true in the slightest. I'm sure a few do but most girls I've met play female characters and many guys do as well. I've never seen or heard of any harassment problems nor do I know how you'd even do that. Half of the female toons are guys anyway and everyone knows it. Besides, most people I've met in games don't care one way or the other. I don't know what kind of shitty people you've met but I've played several games and just acting normal having fun, playing with friends - I've never had issues, nor have I met anyone that has had issues, nor is girls playing male characters anywhere near the norm. I'm sorry that you had a problem with it, but that's not the average experience.

Yea I have run across way more males playing females than I have females playing males.  I asked a good friend of mine once about the idea of playing a male character and her response was she just couldn't relate to male toons.  I don't know if I would go so far as to generalize but my feeling is on average males tend to look at their toons as puppets where females tend to project themselves into the toon more.

This discussion has been closed.