Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: Live Forum Q&A with WildStar's Jeremy Gaffney

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

We're happy to announce that we've linked up with NCsoft and Carbine Studios to put together a live forum Q&A with WildStar executive producer Jeremy Gaffney tomorrow, May 15 at 3:30PM ET (12:30PM PT, 8:30PM GMT).

If you've got questions for DaGaffer on anything WildStar, we invite you to stop by and ask the man himself tomorrow afternoon!

Comments

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108
    Why not post GMT?

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Because we're a North American site, and you can count? 

/earlymorningtroll :)

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• MyrrdhinnMyrrdhinn Member Posts: 6
    It'll be 20:30 GMT :)
  • zerocountzerocount Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by BillMurphy

petulant colonials.....

/afternoontroll :-)

• demadildemadil Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Originally posted by zerocount

petulant colonials.....

/afternoontroll :-)

I'mtoolazytolookupanythingmyselflazyfishnchippers......

/justatroll :)

You get money from the EU's visiting your site, so you'd think it would be wise to make the time available in the same way you do the US time, I could go convert the time myself, but I could also just stop visiting a site that thinks US is the only country in the world.

/TypicalAmericans.

Originally posted by PieRad

You get money from the EU's visiting your site, so you'd think it would be wise to make the time available in the same way you do the US time, I could go convert the time myself, but I could also just stop visiting a site that thinks US is the only country in the world.

/TypicalAmericans.

Someone's touchy.  I'll update the post, just for you.

Remind me to not joke with you lot.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto

• zerocountzerocount Member UncommonPosts: 200

/TypicalAmericans.

Can you post it in BST as we have put clocks forward now for British Summer Time?

Thanks...

/yummyfishandchips troll :-)

• KingGatorKingGator Member UncommonPosts: 428
    'merica

/FatNationalistTroll

/TypicalAmericans.

That's very kind of you, thank you.

Can you post it in BST as we have put clocks forward now for British Summer Time?

Thanks...

/slapsface

NO! Bad Zerocount. 

My Review Manifesto

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Because we're a North American site, and you can count? /earlymorningtroll :) 

If that's the case, then you should stop using .com and start using .usa. In addition you should put a disclaimer on your frontpage, that you're only a NA-site not speaking for the rest of the world.

As a result, you should only post about NA-stuff aswell, and not about stuff that's happening in the rest of the world, as this would make you an international site, which you clearly are not, with such a comment of yours.

On another note.... EU has more gamers than NA. Way to cut your own market :facepalm:

/TypicalAmericans.

Thanks...

Oi mate,     *EDIT... Don't want ban lol*            you're confusing him, he edited out the GMT again.

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Yay!!! More info on the game that could consume 4-5 years of my life. I just hope I show up at the right time now.
    /checkswatchandscratcheshead
    Originally posted by Yalexy

If that's the case, then you should stop using .com and start using .usa. In addition you should put a disclaimer on your frontpage, that you're only a NA-site not speaking for the rest of the world.

As a result, you should only post about NA-stuff aswell, and not about stuff that's happening in the rest of the world, as this would make you an international site, which you clearly are not, with such a comment of yours.

On another note.... EU has more gamers than NA. Way to cut your own market :facepalm:

Ladies and gentlemen, another guy who can't take a joke. Let's give him a hand. 

Funny thing is, when I'm an EU site like Eurogamer, I don't complain that they don't post EST or other NA time zones.  But then, I'm well aware that GMT is (usually) five hours ahead of me. And if I wasn't, I'm competent enough to use Google rather than take issue with an EU-based site focusing on its own region. 

Sorry for the insult if you took my little jab that way folks.  It wasn't intended. I love all of you and you're all special little flowers.  But maybe, JUST MAYBE, some of you could use some thicker skin.  

/sitspatientlyandwaitsforMikeBtobanme

My Review Manifesto

• LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555

Funny thing is, when I'm an EU site like Eurogamer, I don't complain that they don't post EST or other NA time zones.  But then, I'm well aware that GMT is (usually) five hours ahead of me. And if I wasn't, I'm competent enough to use Google rather than take issue with an EU-based site focusing on its own region. 

Sorry for the insult if you took my little jab that way folks.  It wasn't intended. I love all of you and you're all special little flowers.  But maybe, JUST MAYBE, some of you could use some thicker skin.  

Willie, I like you. You are clearly the Editor this site NEEDS and the one it DESERVES!

On topic. Fuck yeah Gaffney is a boss.

• BlackadderaBlackaddera Member Posts: 69

The difference is that every gamer knows GMT, noone in the EU knows the NA timezones because they are non-applicable to us. Furthermore the EU has more gamers than NA, the reason why the EU gamers visit sites from NA is cause you guys get the news first.

the steel shines red with enemy blood. It sings of victory, granted by the gods. And as they return bleeding but proud, the horizon burns and the song is ringing LOUD!

• TiconzTiconz Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Originally posted by Blackaddera

The difference is that every gamer knows GMT, noone in the EU knows the NA timezones because they are non-applicable to us. Furthermore the EU has more gamers than NA, the reason why the EU gamers visit sites from NA is cause you guys get the news first.

I'm a gamer.. and I don't bother remembering GMT... so your statement is false.  Furthermore,  what is the exact ratio of gamers in the EU compared to the total number of people living in EU compared to the number of people who live in NA and to the number of people who play games in NA?  I would like a link since you seem to act like such a know it all.

BTW.. thanks for the post, Bill.   I too understand that this site is NA based so I am not offended when times are posted in EST.      In the future.. I think there should be a time posted for every area in the world and use bullets so its easy for people to read.  It should also take up a page and you guys should post links to sites that can convert the time for people.  Oh.. it should also do palm reading.. and maybe a tarot card app.  I think this is necessary so everyone can be pleased.

EDIT:  I took the time to go look up as much information as i could...  

Currently, there are 315 million people in the the US and 135 million play videogames.  Canada has a population of 35 million and 48% of their households have at least one gaming system.  NA:  43% gamer population / 150 million gamers ( US and Canada )

the UK has a population of 63 million and 37% of them play video games... that is roughly 23.3 million players in the UK.  I havent taken the time to look up every EU country to add them in but I am going to assume that the population for gamers to the number of people living there is less.  You can put up the numbers if you would like to disagree with me.

NA:  43% gamer population / 150 million gamers ( US and Canada )

UK:  37% gamer population /  23.3 million gamers

So... looking at these statistics.. you are a liar and just babble "facts" to make yourself sound smart when truly, you have no idea what you are talking about and/or mad that you can't convert GMT.

Here are my sources:

http://knihovnam.nkp.cz/docs/ISFE_Consumer_Research_2008_Report_final.pdf

http://venturebeat.com/2012/02/08/study-u-s-gaming-population-has-nearly-tripled-in-three-years/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/story/2010/08/31/f-videogames-canadian-gamer.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population

/go'murica

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

I'm truly at a loss of words for how some people can be.  Don't worry, there are people who aren't here just to complain and know the perfectly valid reasons for only having one time zone while (also being able to take a joke).

What's sad is that, even if every person was given their own time, few people would visit the site simply due to all the clutter they would have to shift through to get simple information.  But rather than give several snide comments, I'll just show by example:

Accra Wed 7:30 PM Casablanca * Wed 8:30 PM Kiritimati Thu 9:30 AM Prague * Wed 4:30 AM Addis Ababa Wed 10:30 PM Chicago * Wed 2:30 PM Kolkata Wed 1:00 AM Reykjavik Wed 2:30 AM Adelaide Wed 5:00 AM Columbus * Wed 3:30 PM Kuala Lumpur Wed 8:30 PM Rio de Janeiro Wed 4:30 PM Algiers Wed 8:30 PM Copenhagen * Wed 9:30 PM Kuwait City Wed 10:30 PM Riyadh Wed 10:30 PM Almaty Wed 1:30 AM Dallas * Wed 2:30 PM Kyiv * Wed 10:30 PM Rome * Wed 9:30 PM Amman * Wed 10:30 PM Dar es Salaam Wed 10:30PM La Paz Wed 3:30 PM Salt Lake City * Wed 1:30 PM Amsterdam * Wed 9:30 PM Darwin Wed 5:00 AM Lagos Wed 8:30 PM San Francisco * Wed 12:30 PM Anadyr Thu 7:30 AM Denver * Wed 1:30 PM Lahore Wed 12:30 AM San Juan Wed 3:30 PM Anchorage * Wed 11:30 AM Detroit * Wed 3:30 PM Las Vegas * Wed 12:30 PM San Salvador Wed 1:30 PM Ankara * Wed 10:30PM Dhaka Wed 1:30 AM Lima Wed 2:30 PM Santiago Wed 3:30 PM Antananarivo Wed 10:30PM Doha Wed 10:30 PM Lisbon * Wed 8:30 PM Santo Domingo Wed 3:30 PM Asuncion Wed 3:30 PM Dubai Wed 11:30 PM London * Wed 8:30 PM São Paulo Wed 4:30 PM Athens * Wed 10:30 PM Dublin * Wed 8:30 PM Los Angeles * Wed 12:30 PM Seattle * Wed 12:30 PM Atlanta * Wed 3:30 PM Edmonton * Wed 1:30 PM Madrid * Wed 9:30 PM Seoul Wed 4:30 AM Auckland Thu 7:30 AM Frankfurt * Wed 9:30 PM Managua Wed 1:30 PM Shanghai Wed 3:30 AM Baghdad Wed 10:30 PM Guatemala Wed 1:30 PM Manila Wed 3:30 AM Singapore Wed 3:30 AM Bangalore Wed 1:00 PM Halifax * Wed 4:30 PM Melbourne Thu 5:30 AM Sofia * Wed 10:30 PM Bangkok Wed 2:30 AM Hanoi Wed 2:30 AM Mexico City * Wed 2:30 PM St. John's * Wed 5:00 PM Barcelona * Wed 9:30 PM Harare Wed 9:30 PM Miami * Wed 3:30 PM Stockholm * Wed 9:30 PM Beijing Wed 3:30 AM Havana * Wed 3:30 PM Minneapolis * Wed 2:30 PM Suva Thu 7:30 AM Beirut * Wed 10:30 PM Helsinki * Wed 10:30 PM Minsk Wed 10:30 PM Sydney Thu 5:30 AM Belgrade * Wed 9:30 PM Hong Kong Wed 3:30 AM Montevideo Wed 4:30 PM Taipei Wed 3:30 AM Berlin * Wed 9:30 PM Honolulu Wed 9:30 AM Montreal * Wed 3:30 PM Tallinn * Wed 10:30 PM Bogota Wed 2:30 PM Houston * Wed 2:30 PM Moscow Wed 11:30 PM Tashkent Wed 12:30 PM Boston * Wed 3:30 PM Indianapolis * Wed 3:30 PM Mumbai Wed 1:00 PM Tegucigalpa Wed 1:30 PM Brasilia Wed 4:30 PM Islamabad Wed 12:30 PM Nairobi Wed 10:30 PM Tehran * Wed 12:00 AM Brisbane Thu 5:30 AM Istanbul * Wed 10:30 PM Nassau * Wed 3:30 PM Tokyo Wed 4:30 AM Brussels * Wed 9:30 PM Jakarta Wed 2:30 PM New Delhi Wed 1:00 PM Toronto * Wed 3:30 PM Bucharest * Wed 10:30 PM Jerusalem * Wed 10:30 PM New Orleans * Wed 2:30 PM Vancouver * Wed 12:30 PM Budapest * Wed 9:30 PM Johannesburg Wed 9:30 PM New York * Wed 3:30 PM Vienna * Wed 9:30 PM Buenos Aires Wed 4:30 AM Kabul Wed 11:30 PM Oslo * Wed 9:30 PM Warsaw * Wed 9:30 PM Cairo Wed 9:30 PM Karachi Wed 12:30PM Ottawa * Wed 3:30 PM Washington DC * Wed 3:30 PM Calgary * Wed 1:30 PM Kathmandu Wed 12:17 PM Paris * Wed 9:30 PM Winnipeg * Wed 2:30 PM Canberra Thu 5:30 AM Khartoum Wed 10:30 PM Perth Wed 3:30 AM Yangon Wed 2:00 AM Cape Town Wed 9:30 PM Kingston Wed 2:30 PM Philadelphia * Wed 3:30 PM Zagreb * Wed 9:30 PM Caracas Wed 2:30 PM Kinshasa Wed 8:30 PM Phoenix Wed 12:30 PM Zürich * Wed 9:30 PM

...It was starting to get ridiculous, so I stopped there.  This is why the native time of where a site is based is used.  When I go to sites that have time zones other than my own, I do not cry or whine or throw a tantrum, but rather do simple addition.  If people disagree with this, then read every single timezone above (and look up every time zone) before ever reading information on any site.  That is essentially what you're asking for each time information with a specified time frame will be like.  If you say "why not just my time?"  Then what about the person next to you?  It's illogical and it's why a single time is more than enough to avoid clutter and further complications.

I'm half expecting someone to say that it was a waste of my time to write all this out.  It was.  The time zones were copied/pasted as they were, and then edited one by one to match the time that was given with three passes.  That's the entire freaking point. xD

With regards to the actual forum event, I just may have a few questions myself.  Though I'll be reading to see if they're asked before I potentially jump in and ask.  Hmm...

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Sooo...how bout that Wildstar...    :/
  • MaissonMaisson Member UncommonPosts: 29

Wow some people are really touchy. Maybe they don't know or practice Google-Fu!

Here is a link from my Google-Fu!

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

• LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555
    Originally posted by doodphace

Looks amazing at the moment. Gameplay wise it has a great deal of potential. I am still waiting to get hands on to be able to commit though. So much comes down to feel over actual specifics as the latest Penny Arcade talked about rather decisively.

Originally posted by Maisson

Your GoogleFu is WEAK!

• MaissonMaisson Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Originally posted by Livnthedream
    Originally posted by doodphace

Looks amazing at the moment. Gameplay wise it has a great deal of potential. I am still waiting to get hands on to be able to commit though. So much comes down to feel over actual specifics as the latest Penny Arcade talked about rather decisively.

Originally posted by Maisson

Your GoogleFu is WEAK!

http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/ - easier link for everyone just plugin the time zone you want to compare to yours.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Lighten up Francis.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Originally posted by skimatix
    Originally posted by Blackaddera

I'm a gamer.. and I don't bother remembering GMT... so your statement is false.  Furthermore,  what is the exact ratio of gamers in the EU compared to the total number of people living in EU compared to the number of people who live in NA and to the number of people who play games in NA?  I would like a link since you seem to act like such a know it all.

BTW.. thanks for the post, Bill.   I too understand that this site is NA based so I am not offended when times are posted in EST.      In the future.. I think there should be a time posted for every area in the world and use bullets so its easy for people to read.  It should also take up a page and you guys should post links to sites that can convert the time for people.  Oh.. it should also do palm reading.. and maybe a tarot card app.  I think this is necessary so everyone can be pleased.

EDIT:  I took the time to go look up as much information as i could...  

Currently, there are 315 million people in the the US and 135 million play videogames.  Canada has a population of 35 million and 48% of their households have at least one gaming system.  NA:  43% gamer population / 150 million gamers ( US and Canada )

the UK has a population of 63 million and 37% of them play video games... that is roughly 23.3 million players in the UK.  I havent taken the time to look up every EU country to add them in but I am going to assume that the population for gamers to the number of people living there is less.  You can put up the numbers if you would like to disagree with me.

NA:  43% gamer population / 150 million gamers ( US and Canada )

UK:  37% gamer population /  23.3 million gamers

So... looking at these statistics.. you are a liar and just babble "facts" to make yourself sound smart when truly, you have no idea what you are talking about and/or mad that you can't convert GMT.

Here are my sources:

http://knihovnam.nkp.cz/docs/ISFE_Consumer_Research_2008_Report_final.pdf

http://venturebeat.com/2012/02/08/study-u-s-gaming-population-has-nearly-tripled-in-three-years/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/story/2010/08/31/f-videogames-canadian-gamer.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population

/go'murica

The population in europe is 731.000.000

/go'math

This discussion has been closed.