Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Poll] Have you consistantly played a game for more than a year?

Comments

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Originally posted by Prenho
    Don't forget Lineage 1 in eastern market, 15 years old and still is the best seller of NCSoft, just looking af the profits of the last quarter:

66 million dollars a quarter, GW2 went down because it is not a P2P game as L1.

Lineage 1 is f2p in korea. 

Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • Blast-waveBlast-wave Member Posts: 4
    Played City of Heroes from May 2004 until shutdown in November of 2012, also played SWTOR from Dec. 2011 to now.
  • XerenixXerenix Member UncommonPosts: 237

3 for me.

LOTRO, SWG and SWTOR

• MibletMiblet Member Posts: 333

EQ and WoW have been the only ones I stayed for a long time (3+years each).  I have tried almost every major MMO but none of them held my attention for longer than a couple of months.

I'm back on EQ again currently.

• ClywdClywd Member UncommonPosts: 261
    eq1 since 1999.
    eq2 2004-2011.

Currently playing: EverQuest
    Waiting for Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

I've only played GW1 and Vindictus consistently (no more than 3 weeks off for burn out detox) for over a year.

GW2 is getting close.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    By the end of TBC I had a physical years worth of time played.
  • meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    I played DAOC for close to 8 years with one long break around the time WAR came out. Other than that I've never made it past month 4 in an MMO (depending on how you count games like SWTOR and GW 2 that have no monthly sub and I jump back in briefly from time to time).

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• NimilanorNimilanor Member CommonPosts: 3

umm lessee

Wow 2-3 years. (shouldnt have gotten into this one quit playing)

Tibia  - 3 years  on and off.  quit altogether.

Runescape - 1-2 years.

Lotro 5-6 years and counting, been playing since open beta and still occasionally play it.

Age of conan - 2 years now about ish - stopped playing mostly

The secret world - about 1 year ish still play.

Umm..  POTBS / DDO / CO / STO /  SWTOR - 1 year give or take.

Runes of magic - 1 year , Perfect world  1 year.

nearly forgetting guild wars 1 : about 2-3 years now orso.

guild wars 2 : still play it loosely. so 1 year now?

And looking back at this list.. I really need to get out more >_>

• RhaveinRhavein Member UncommonPosts: 7

UO : 7 years - constantly thinking about playing again

DAoC: 5 years -still playing time to time, i log in and pwn some middies and treehuggers

Avid MMO Player

• falconhandfalconhand Member UncommonPosts: 50

started to play mmo's with daoc, think played it 2 years at least

my girlfriend did not like daoc but liked wow, so I stopped playing daoc and moved to wow and we played it for some years

during the wow time I started to play lotro, even bought a life time sub and still log in now and then

fallen earth is still on my pc for some years, was suddenly chief of the clan due to others not log in anymore, nice system btw that if a chief of clan does not play anymore an other player without the need to ask is clan cleader,

pirates of the burning sea I also tried for over a year, and think at least once a month I still log in,

swtor I tried but after having all the baddies story lines on end level I stopped playing, think my girlfriend and I played it for max 6 month so not counting for the +1 year :)

age of conan me and my girlfriend both like and still playing since release 2008, think we have around 34 lvl 80's together, we both do like the fatals and graphics even if the gameplay is still buggy after all those years, we did yesterday after the week reset the t1 and w1 so yes we are still active :)

gw2 we both tried but did not like it, we are to much a trinity fan, healer dps and tank need to be there seperate and not all in 1, think we played it for 4 month

tsw we both are playing since release and still active, so think will be getting closer to the 1 year, we both have a life time sub on tsw so that will be a longterm relation

it seems we are fans of funcom in the end :)

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

SWG, Anarchy Online and GW1. I chose 2, because I had forgotten about AO for a moment :p

Atm, I don't see a new MMO on the horizon that will be the 4th.

• Odinthedark1Odinthedark1 Member Posts: 330
    Phantasy Star Universe (Xbox 360 version for 1.5 years) , Flyff (First MMO when i was 12 for 1.5 years), World of Warcraft (From age 14 to 18)....I've been floating around for the past 2 years now being 20 i think the next MMO i will play consistently for over a year will be Phantasy Star Online 2.
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Eq spent two years. Two years in SWG. Four years in eve. Two years in World of Tanks.  

Almost a year: eq2  rift lotro  DCUO cox

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

EQ2, GW, AoC... and I am sure I am forgetting something.

I also played plenty of MMOs 3-11 months. 

• boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438
    DAoC & WoW

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758

Even though it was nearly ten years ago now that I started playing SWG, that is still the only game I've ever played non stop for over a year. I played until the CU came in and then left for GW1 for the summer. I returned for the Mustofar expansion but the game was finished for me once I'd played through the missions. Since then, LotRO has been the game I've played the most, starting with closed beta in the summer of 2006 and then with a lifetime sub at launch but I've never managed a continuous run of over a year at one time having taken regular breaks to play other games. GW2 has taken over from LotRO as my main game now but I already took a break from that  for a couple of months too to play Defiance.

I think the reason people like me don't stick with one game for years on end is because there are so many alternatives around, especially now B2P and F2P have become the predominant business models for MMO's.

• ksternalksternal Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Played City of Heroes/Villains for two years straight.
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    SWG and EVE Online. LotRO maybe in accumulated time but it's a 3 month thing that I have gone back to many times.
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

EVE -5  year

WAR-2  year

STO-2  year

AO - 1+

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

1. WOW before Burning crusade ruined it imo.

2. Eve Online. I don't play as much as I used to but you have to love the drama that goes on twice a year with this game.

3. SWTOR. I've been enjoying this game since launch.

4. World of Tanks. Love going in there and trying out a new line of Tanks! 

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by Gabiru
    only Lineage 2, no other came close to it

Funny how you mention it in past tense... Guess you quited shortly after GoD expansion..?

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

Lineage 2 for 4 years.

feeling strong with gw2. lets see till november :p

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

UO - 1-2 years

EQ - 2.5 years?  (Launch to before Planes of Power)

WoW - 1 year (and then 2x 6 month relapses)

Rift - 1.5 years (left at launch came back 6 months later)

That's all I can remember.  My average investment is about 3-6 months.  But I know that's a me thing.  I start getting antsy and ADD after about a month with only one game.  Adding an extra game either I stay longer or I get bored and move on.  I tend to do a 3 month sub and see where I'm at.  It's amazing the disks I have in my closet of MMO's that have subsequently disappeared from this Earth.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    I played AC1 for about 2 years, AC2 for about 18 months, DAoC for about 2 years, and WoW for about 8 years. That's just mmos. Don't get me started on my FPS habits.