Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game Should Be Titled: The Foundry

TheMaahesTheMaahes Member Posts: 185

I can't say I'm a fan of this game at all as there isn't very much to fall in love with. The combat style is annoying, the classes bare and restricted, zones as linear as __________ , and story is bland.

The only saving grace in this game for me is The Foundry which I've already begun racking up the hours using. It's been more enjoyable to create content than actually play it. Anyone else feeling the same way about The Foundry?

Comments

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Really? The combat is annoying? I mean I guess we do all have our own opinions but for the most part a good majority feel the combat is good. Classes are far from bare (case in point: WoW ) though if you are looking at say DnD 3.5 they are a bit less diverse. Zones... yeah for the most part linear, some deviate a bit but most are linear, good looking though. Story though I have to disagree with for sure. The story is quite good for an MMo. Not the greatest ever told, mind you, but its one of the best out there.

Still, I do agree the foundry is amazing. I just feel its wrong to associate the foundry as being the only good part when in truth you can easily play a game like Minecraft and accomplish the same thing, heck, to even a greater degree if you know how. Sure it can be a major selling point but it sounds silly discrediting the rest of the game when, lets face it, user generated content could never be enough to keep you playing a game if you really considered it that bad.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I absolutely love the Foundry!   I would love to see such a system in every MMO going forward.  The content created by players even at this early stage is amazing. I find the idea of creating my own quest a bit daunting, but I do have some ideas.  At the moment, I just enjoy playing over other people's creations. I actually wish there was a way to leave more detailed feedback instead of a simple line or two when you are done and asked to review.  Also, I wish there was some way to critique a quest even though you were not able to finish it.  Unlike you, however, I am enjoying the rest of the game and often have a problem deciding what I want to do next.  I feel I'm leveling up too fast in this game and wish it was actually reduced.  I am worried about people exploiting the Foundry for easy XP.  
  • Beoelf21Beoelf21 Member Posts: 91
    I pretty much do not agree with anything you wrote except 2 points. The questing zones do fill a bit linear...maybe its the pixie dust. and creating in the foundry is very fun.

• TheMaahesTheMaahes Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Really? The combat is annoying? I mean I guess we do all have our own opinions but for the most part a good majority feel the combat is good. Classes are far from bare (case in point: WoW ) though if you are looking at say DnD 3.5 they are a bit less diverse. Zones... yeah for the most part linear, some deviate a bit but most are linear, good looking though. Story though I have to disagree with for sure. The story is quite good for an MMo. Not the greatest ever told, mind you, but its one of the best out there.

Aye, I'm not a fan of combat. That's just an opinion though, as I do know a lot of people enjoy it.

• moldrathmoldrath Member UncommonPosts: 17
    I'll admit, it took me a while to get used to the combat style. After years of WOW and now GW2 breaking free of WASD was a challenge. However, I did meet the challenge head on and I really enjoy the change up. It is,however, a lot harder to eat while I play because I have to constantly keep my mouse hand focused on the direction I want to go.

• JackMackJackMack Member UncommonPosts: 21

I do like making content even more than the game itself (which I do enjoy as well). I just wish there was a better system for getting new titles out there for the public eye. I created a mission, a shitty linear mission, just to check out the foundry, and after a week it has 0 reviews. I would be happy with a half star. Here is my quest in a nutshell

Talk to dude who says "Go to the graveyard and kill stuff" then go to graveyard, kill stuff, then return to dude who says "Thanks"

Not brain surgery or any epic adventure...but how do the players know that? I could have spent a shitload of time making the most epic mind blowing ER MA GERD!!!  IMA gonna run to MMORPG and tell everybody how epic this quest was!"...and it wouldn't matter if no one sees it.  Here is my challenge for the MMORPG Community. Go to the Foundry and search for my dumb little quest, it is called Neverwinter's Novice Necromancer, id NW-DHS7A76HB. Play it...it's like 12 minutes and no you don't get daily foundry for it. Rate it what it earns, give it zero stars, publish forum post about that dumb-ass JackMack's ghey little quest, idc, I just hate seeing the big "0" by the number of reviews. Really though, that's not my challenge, but do it anyway cause 0 reviews is just discouraging...and if you tip me AD for this POS then god bless your charitable heart, but wtf it does not warrant that. You can..., don't, I mean, really don't, but you can I'm just putting it out there, if you can spare some AD go ahead, not hard just a couple clicks here an there, but really, don't! Save it for my real challenge.

Now here is my real challenge...I know my title was a weak little pisspot, I was again just playing around, however there are TONS of  quests not reviewed yet...so my challenge is for every NVW player to sign up as a reviewer(no cost) and find a gem to bring back here and suggest for others to try. Lets help get these unheralded authors some exposure. I commit to have a new title to suggest for you all by tomorrow, if everyone else does the same we will have several new, potentially fun Foundry titles to try by the May 16. And if you like the author's work and can spare some AD, then give them a little somfin somfin for the trouble.  Let's get some new featured quests out there. We are MMORPG dammit, lets run this pony like we stole it.

(I totally just made that pony thing up. Cool? No? Oh well, that's what the interwebz gets for not having a breathalyzer on it)

edit: Changed some punctuation around to make it clear-DO NOT TIP ME FOR THIS DUMB QUEST, I WAS JUST BEING A SMART-ASS-SAVE IT FOR GOOD, UNHERALDED AUTHORS.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Just an answer to your thread title, rename your desktop link "The Foundry" :P
  • LanessarLanessar Member Posts: 87
    Originally posted by TheMaahes

The only saving grace in this game for me is The Foundry which I've already begun racking up the hours using. It's been more enjoyable to create content than actually play it. Anyone else feeling the same way about The Foundry?

Problem with foundry is that the rewards as a player for playing a foundry quest are pitiful.