Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A temporary fun pvp mmorpg to play while waiting for wildstar anyone?

codehazzacodehazza Member Posts: 15
Just looking for a short term blast.

Comments

• AccountDeleted12341AccountDeleted12341 Member Posts: 351

Guild Wars 2 if you havent' played it.

After you get bored with the PvP (it gets old fast, because sPvP is the only worthwhile mode without investing a ton of time into the game, and tournaments are taken extremely seriously by the average person, and they really aren't very fun at all due to the lack of balance PuG's vs Premades).

Just request a full refund, and you'll most likely get it. I played for a month, had a blast, got sick of the horrid balance in tournament PvP, and sPvP gets old after awhile (plus you can't play with your friends, as it randomly places each person on different teams every round), and then requested a full refund and got my $60 back.

• codehazzacodehazza Member Posts: 15
    Requested a full refund and bought back the game twice now :P thanks anyways ;) it was fun while it lasted!
  • AccountDeleted12341AccountDeleted12341 Member Posts: 351
    Originally posted by codehazza
    Requested a full refund and bought back the game twice now :P thanks anyways ;) it was fun while it lasted!

Can you request another refund? I'm curious, as I am wanting to see if anything has changed, but don't want to be denied a refund just bc my CC has been used before for a refund.

In case the game hasn't changed at all.

Yeah i have refunded twice now, kinda funny haha! was such a hype about that game, was really enjoying it.. sounds funny but the reason i didnt like it was because everyone was pretty much equal on gear wise, you were never really superior and powerful because some guy had the same build and armour.
  • Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

May i ask why a pvp MMO if you're looking forward to wildstar?

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

MM maybe i should of said a mmorpg with good pvp..

i hate pvp only games, but i love mmorpgs with nice pvp which wildstar seems to have haha.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

MM maybe i should of said a mmorpg with good pvp..

i hate pvp only games, but i love mmorpgs with nice pvp which wildstar seems to have haha.

Well WoW i would guess since it is the same type of pvp.

Arena/BG but no war plots.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Hmm our definition of "good" differs

If your looking for Wildstar style pvp, try any one of the following

Wow, rift, swtor
  • Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    does rift have anything like WvW in it?

Originally posted by Mad+Dog
    does rift have anything like WvW in it?

more like what TSW does, its sort of RVR, but fudged, you join 3 teams in it, but you could be pvping with people who are "pvping" against their PVE guildmates if you get my drift.

Best modern version of RVR is planetside 2 hands down

GW2 aint bad, but.... theres less you can do as a guild, the maps are smaller and its shitty on communication / finding a fight (well on my server anyway)

• ThaneUlfgarThaneUlfgar Member Posts: 283

Warhammer Online can be fun for a month or two, if you don't mind paying a subscription.

Edit: Also if you're just looking for a filler, Steam has a number of free to play fps games and such you might want to check out. I've tried Blacklight personally, it's not bad at all. That way you can just jump right in and don't have to worry as much about progression, especially if you just want a pvp fix.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

Try TERA online.

Also RIFT going F2P.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    WOW has horrible 1-89 pvp.  Worse I have ever seen, the balance is just stupid and ridiculous. Gates of Andaron is worth a try for a few months.  Warhammer is worth a shot for a while.  Waren Story is pvp and im downloading right now but can't find any reviews about the game.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • MMOPapaMMOPapa Member Posts: 121
    Yeah i have refunded twice now, kinda funny haha! was such a hype about that game, was really enjoying it.. sounds funny but the reason i didnt like it was because everyone was pretty much equal on gear wise, you were never really superior and powerful because some guy had the same build and armour.

For your sake, I hope you're not expecting different from WildStar because they already held an Uplink Analysis for PVP with the WildStar community and majority of them gave the exact same feedback, 'Gear should not be a major factor in PVP.'

DCUO    Just try it, don't ask questions or make any assumptions.  You will be in a pvp fight in less then thirty minutes from start.

Champions Online   Try this if DCUO doesn't work for you.

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Hmm our definition of "good" differs

If your looking for Wildstar style pvp, try any one of the following

Wow, rift, swtor

WoW, RIFT, and SWTOR have very little in common with Wildstar PVP because Wildstar is much more of an action MMO so it's going to play very differently.

Well the combat will be different. But its the same concept of sat in cities queueing to go to little mini games.
    Everquest 2 has a pvp server it is worth checking out.
  • OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Planetside 2, maybe Defiance?  AoC is also free to play as well...

Rift is really fun and they are going f2p soon.

New game just came out and they are boasting open world pvp  Legend of Edda