Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game is a bit short

GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

Ive been playing for about a week on and off and recently hit level 48 . I typed in /played and it said Ive played for 1 day and 3 hours.

I was surprised that Ive spent so little time playing the game and have almost clocked the game , why didn't they slow down the levelling so that we are forced to do foundry quests to level instead of just doing main story line ?

Also its more time efficient to skip trash mobs in order to complete the quest since the experience from quests is so much greater than from killing trash mobs unless it is part of the actual quest i.e  kill X amount of mobs.

Shame the game is going to be going to be over so fast .

Comments

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    Leveling is definitely way too fast.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Grats - you have completed the scripted "regular" portion of your average MMO. It is like every other themepark MMO out there.

Now - enjoy unlimited Foundry content.

If that is not your cup of tea - dabble with pvp.

If all you can do is think "progression progression progression" there are plenty of games for you already. 

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

I'm only level 30, you have to remember this game is not to be played like your standard MMO, the foundry is key here, that in many ways is endgame, play them or learn to create some of your own, this game is trying to pretty much be a table top D&D game within a video game setting with how a player can pretty much create any story.

I have been doing many foundry quest and even sires that players created,  to me at least the foundry is what makes the game, I also have been learning how to create content myself, right now I am in the process of writing a season 1 of a 10 part series. (wait till it's done "Game of Thrones" will be weeping with envy) lol

To really get the most of the game you got to play this game as it is meant to be played and that is good old story telling , sure the cryptic game there can be short if your goal was to speed to the end like one would in just about every MMO ,anyway my advice is to learn foundry creation and begin to tell us your story, I love to see what people come up with.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by Warjin

I'm only level 30, you have to remember this game is not to be played like your standard MMO, the foundry is key here, that in many ways is endgame, play them or learn to create some of your own, this game is trying to pretty much be a table top D&D game within a video game setting with how a player can pretty much create any story.

I have been doing many foundry quest and even sires that players created,  to me at least the foundry is what makes the game, I also have been learning how to create content myself, right now I am in the process of writing a season 1 of a 10 part series. (wait till it's done "Game of Thrones" will be weeping with envy) lol

To really get the most of the game you got to play this game as it is meant to be played and that is good old story telling , sure the cryptic game there can be short if your goal was to speed to the end like one would in just about every MMO ,anyway my advice is to learn foundry creation and begin to tell us your story, I love to see what people come up with.

Yeah as people become more skilled with using foundry there could be some fun quests for those that like reading stories.

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

The fastest I have ever reached end game.. And I don't even feel like I earned it..

The game plays out the same way the whole way through..

Do a few kill quests, enter minor solo dungeon, kill mini boss of map.. Go to forward location in same map.. Do more kill quests.. enter major solo dungeon, kill boss of map.. Get MAIN dungeon quest and queue for party dungeon if you havent already outleveled it.. And repeat on another map..

Not to mention the boss fights are more about the ADDS than the actual BOSS!! And the boss mobs are just larger or reskinned versions of normal mobs that you have been killing the whole time in the zone! ATTACKS, TENDENCIES AND ALL!!!

The wool... It's too far over my eyes.. I can't see..

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Progression oriented types will not like this game.   For me the Foundry is the game and everything else is there to allow the Foundry to exist.  Already Ive played some amazing Foundry content and can't wait for more as players get better and the content improves.  I havent reached max level yet, so don't really know how much you "need" to spend for a normal playing experience at that level.  I know my companion is dying all the time and you can buy an improved companion.  
  • AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416
    Originally posted by Grailer

Ive been playing for about a week on and off and recently hit level 48 . I typed in /played and it said Ive played for 1 day and 3 hours.

I was surprised that Ive spent so little time playing the game and have almost clocked the game , why didn't they slow down the levelling so that we are forced to do foundry quests to level instead of just doing main story line ?

Also its more time efficient to skip trash mobs in order to complete the quest since the experience from quests is so much greater than from killing trash mobs unless it is part of the actual quest i.e  kill X amount of mobs.

Shame the game is going to be going to be over so fast .

Lvling is very fast, but there is no possible way you have completed all the content, unless ofc your ignoring everything that the Foundry has to offer, if you are your selling yourself short.

I have taken on some fantastic Foundry quests, and I actively encourage all my friends who play Neverwinter to keep using the wonderful tool Cryptic provided us.

The Foundry is what makes this game such a gem.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

Well I don't read quests so doing foundry quests is about the same as any other quest.

Level 60 now , game over ?  Or grind for gear hmmm what to do