Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Customization Trailer Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

BioWare has released a great new trailer to show off all the ways that players will be able to further customize their characters in Star Wars: The Old Republic. Check it out before heading into the game to give your characters new looks!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• sirchivesirchive Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Armor dyes and a fancy barber shop? Very creative! That sure hasn't been done before!? Very worthy of a special trailer. 
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    Originally posted by sirchive
    Armor dyes and a fancy barber shop? Very creative! That sure hasn't been done before!? Very worthy of a special trailer. 

Its significant.

I can't see how this could be negative addition to the game...

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• DeeterDeeter Member UncommonPosts: 135

This is like the time they made a huge **** deal and gave a special trailer for their massive content update of a scalable UI

Can't wait for an epic trailer for socketed items next

• eric_w66eric_w66 Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    Made a special trailer... from the splicing together of the previous two trailers. They didn't spend much time making this trailer ;). And the person who makes trailers has to have something to do....
  • BlueTiger33BlueTiger33 Member Posts: 158
    I freaking love it! Finally. Damnit!...I'll be logging in momentarily. When does this go live? My 3 things about MMO's (in order) Customization, PVP, Crafting. This is big news for me.

I will never support freeloaders, no more subsidized gaming.
    My Blog
  • Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    I love the fact that Bioware doesn't even use character moods in their own trailers so you end up with completely lifeless expressions on character's faces. That was some good investment, huh?
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by Nitth

Its significant.

It's not significant, many games don't even get coverage for content updates and SWTOR got coverage twice now for small things that are considered industry STANDARD at this point.

Armor dyes, barber shop and my favourite... customizable UI.

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    With RIFT's F2P model in the horizon i don't think many will care much for swtor F2P crap. Subscribers is a whole different thing though
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Seems a weird thing to trumpet when your game is based on star wars and the only races you can play are humans or aliens that look pretty much like humans but with horns or whatever.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I don't think rift f2p will change anything. People play swtor because its star wars.
  • hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Originally posted by Manolios
    With RIFT's F2P model in the horizon i don't think many will care much for swtor F2P crap. Subscribers is a whole different thing though

Yes, you are right, that is why EA and BW have all the licenses to make SW games now, becase SWTOR is fail and nobody care.  

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Pivotelite
    Originally posted by Nitth Originally posted by sirchive Armor dyes and a fancy barber shop? Very creative! That sure hasn't been done before!? Very worthy of a special trailer. 
    Its significant. I can't see how this could be negative addition to the game...
    It's not significant, many games don't even get coverage for content updates and SWTOR got coverage twice now for small things that are considered industry STANDARD at this point.

Armor dyes, barber shop and my favourite... customizable UI.

It is for the game. They are adding features that are non existent in their title.

Frankly, If EA want to make trailers to promote their game that sounds like a good move.

Mmmorpg just pick up what the press are putting out, It's not like there is a limit slot for news articles..

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493

Its significant.

Because of horrible implementation. Don't worry , you'll see the coming post about this lame update. ^^

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    SWOTOR is the only MMO that will garner NEGATIVITY about an addition that players WANT. You can certain about two things, trolls gotta troll, and SWOTOR is doing good. Why the second certainty? They are adding to the game to placate the players. If there were no interest you can bet there would be no news.
  • GibocracyGibocracy Member UncommonPosts: 17
    this level of customization should have come at launch.  Still better late than never
  • McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

So the trailer shows about 2 seconds of customization over all the races out of the minute long total video? Classic...

The video looks like typical BW half-baked dev work as well, the customization options only shows the faces and the cathar are still a joke considering that the only thing that makes them different from humans is their cat-themed face paint. 

• DrakephireDrakephire Member UncommonPosts: 451
    meh...from the brief glimpse of dyes, I'd say they were too vibrant.  I can see the hot pink and electric green suits running around  even now.
  • ShamorauShamorau Member UncommonPosts: 181

typical EA, release the cathar so they can make more money off of it. they were meant to release the race with ROTHC, but they didn't. So now you have to pay for the race regardless of subscriber or not. ridiculous. 

as others have said the rest is meh, and has been around in other games for ages. they should have done this a year ago, but the didn't. a little to late imo.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Originally posted by Drakephire
    meh...from the brief glimpse of dyes, I'd say they were too vibrant.  I can see the hot pink and electric green suits running around  even now.

They've limited the color pallete actually. The hot pink and electric green are an exception to the realistic tones in the game - done in good taste I gotta say.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Its significant.

Agree fully with you.