Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

People should stop complaining about PvE...

MajiinXMajiinX Member CommonPosts: 89

I just don't get all the complaining about having PvE content and PvE servers when this game has be marketed  and promised as a PvP centric game. While yes it might only appeal to a niche audience it obviously appealed to enough people to generate almost 2.5 mil in crowd funding. CSE has promised a PvP focused game and they have an obligation to deliver on that, that is why myself and other people contributed to see this game funded. I have nothing against PvE myself in fact I do enjoy PvE content but I find that its best to have PvE and PvP segregated otherwise there is a constant balancing act between the two, if anybody played WoW they will know one of the biggest problems with PvP was the fact that some of the best in slot gear was acquired through PvE so players that didnt or couldn't raid were at a large disadvantage.

I really hope CU stays PvP focused with a minimum amount of PvE I would really hate to see the devs pressured into PvE because thats what the masses want. The demand for PvP is defiantly there and I believe this game can be very successful if CSE delivers on its promises and I'm quite excited to see what the future holds.

Comments

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    I 100% agree.  Even though I won't be playing CU I think more companies should hold their ground and focus on doing one thing really well rather than trying to shoe horn in a game system that really doesn't belong or at best should be in a expansion.  Cough Cough PVP in TESO.
  • JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Well I don't get why people are making posts for this game as it won't be released for a long time. Sorry to burst any ones bubble.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

As far as the topic, it is not about what the game developer will do, it is what the complainers want and they will whine incessantly. It is all about 'ME' you know.

Well, we have seen how developers have delivered on promises and often times they do back off on promises. It happens when the game develops and they realize that promised features are inconsistent with design.

This is a wait and see game.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    I think it is just as important to have PvE servers in CU as it is to have OW-PvP servers in GW2.   I don't know why CU fans are having such a hard time accepting that PvE servers would be a inexpensive boon to the game.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    people will stop whining about PVE when you guys stop whining about  "meaningful PVP" in EVERY GAME  in existence.
  • meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    No PvE is the 2nd Foundational Principle Mark revealed and obviously one of the most important ones. If he violates that, he owes a lot of funders a refund including me. I don't see it happening for release. Down the road in xpacs... who knows? I'm curious what caused the OP to make his post since I haven't really seen anybody arguing for there to be PvE in CU lately.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    As we can see in this topic, it's also partially a response to the "this game sucks because of no OWPvP and I'm so 1337 and you're a bunch of carebears" crowd.
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    When you go the crowdfunding route, expect people to ask for things that the developers don't want to do until the game goes live - at which point they will continually bash the game and talk about how they didn't listen to the players.
  • TigsKCTigsKC Member UncommonPosts: 187
    Originally posted by MajiinX

I just don't get all the complaining about having PvE content and PvE servers when this game has be marketed  and promised as a PvP centric game. While yes it might only appeal to a niche audience it obviously appealed to enough people to generate almost 2.5 mil in crowd funding. CSE has promised a PvP focused game and they have an obligation to deliver on that, that is why myself and other people contributed to see this game funded. I have nothing against PvE myself in fact I do enjoy PvE content but I find that its best to have PvE and PvP segregated otherwise there is a constant balancing act between the two, if anybody played WoW they will know one of the biggest problems with PvP was the fact that some of the best in slot gear was acquired through PvE so players that didnt or couldn't raid were at a large disadvantage.

I really hope CU stays PvP focused with a minimum amount of PvE I would really hate to see the devs pressured into PvE because thats what the masses want. The demand for PvP is defiantly there and I believe this game can be very successful if CSE delivers on its promises and I'm quite excited to see what the future holds.

Don't worry.

There are two groups.  One is a well-meaning lot who have suggested the use of specific and limited PvE mechanisms to encourage more RvR conflict to further concentrate the focus of the game.  The other is comprised of a very small number of trolls whining about lack of PvE content, leveling and servers just to get under our skin.  Don't confuse the two groups.

As for the latter group, pay them no mind.  I am not saying they are not skillful, but I am saying their powers are impotent here. 

• collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328
    They have stated very clearly from the beginning that this will be an RvR game only, and that PvE will not be included. What I don't understand is why people keep suggesting PvE add-ons to this game. If you don't want an exclusively RvR/PvP game, then this isn't the one for you. I don't mean to be rude, but just accept that fact instead of trying to shift it into something that fits your personal playstyle.
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

I'm with Tig on this one.

There are 2-3 recent pve posters who are flat out trolls. They repeat their request or opinion even though it is like complaining rain is wet. Rain is wet and will always be wet ... but the trolls keep on complaining about it. It is a futile argument that is wasting everyone's time.

You stay sassy!

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    I think it is just as important to have PvE servers in CU as it is to have OW-PvP servers in GW2.   I don't know why CU fans are having such a hard time accepting that PvE servers would be a inexpensive boon to the game.

Adding PVE would be a huge drain on the game both financially and development time.  You would have to add huge amounts of content for leveling and end game that just don't have to be there for a PVP only game.  The developers just don't have the resources to do both right so instead of doing both poorly like most companies do they are trying to focus on doing just one really well.  I say it's about time someone was willing to stand up and do that.

On the same note I cringe every time I read about PVP in TESO because I think of all those TES systems that will have to be cut out or toned down because they are not "feasible" I.E. to expensive to accomplish because we are spending so much money on shoe horning PVP into the game because some marketing report said we have to have it in our MMO.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by collekt
    They have stated very clearly from the beginning that this will be an RvR game only, and that PvE will not be included. What I don't understand is why people keep suggesting PvE add-ons to this game. If you don't want an exclusively RvR/PvP game, then this isn't the one for you. I don't mean to be rude, but just accept that fact instead lof trying to shift it into something that fits your personal playstyle.

Last time I checked this was a public forum and people were allowed to share their opinions as long as they presented them in a fair manner. There is no reason adequately suggested as to why there couldn't be a separate PvE server. 

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

Money. IT was posted.

Simply put. It takes money. Money & time they don't have.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911

I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that PVE is the biggest shortcoming in MMOs. Let's be frank, PVE is appalling and I say this as a carebear. It's simply tedious going from one zone to the next leveling.  Then at the end of all that, you go through the same dungeon again and again collecting your brownie points to get better gear. Then along come an expansion, guess what? You have to do it all again. I'd say down with PVE. It might be interesting for a while, but after you memorized the script and everything else, it's fricking tedious. If MMOs are to survive, PVP is the way forward.

People are unpredictable, they will surprise you with their stupidity and their cleverness. No more grinding mobs, man the walls build your siege engines and kill the b****** that fired an arrow in your general direction.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    ....... unless they stump up £10million to add pve.
  • collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328
    Originally posted by eyelolled

Originally posted by collekt
    They have stated very clearly from the beginning that this will be an RvR game only, and that PvE will not be included. What I don't understand is why people keep suggesting PvE add-ons to this game. If you don't want an exclusively RvR/PvP game, then this isn't the one for you. I don't mean to be rude, but just accept that fact instead lof trying to shift it into something that fits your personal playstyle.

Last time I checked this was a public forum and people were allowed to share their opinions as long as they presented them in a fair manner. There is no reason adequately suggested as to why there couldn't be a separate PvE server. 

As the guy above me said, they HAVE stated a reason they are not looking at doing PvE in this game and that reason is money. It seems completely futile to keep asking for something like a PvE server that is never going to happen at launch, and probably not at all. You're right, it is a public forum and I can't stop you from posting here. However, the entire point of this game is that it's ONLY RvR/PvP. There are tons of games out there that offer PvE or a mixture of PvP and PvE.
  • MajiinXMajiinX Member CommonPosts: 89

Originally posted by TribeofOne
    people will stop whining about PVE when you guys stop whining about  "meaningful PVP" in EVERY GAME  in existence.

I do apologize for using the word whining, poor choice of words on my part. I do agree with you there, me personally I prefer PvP and choose to play games that are focused on just that rather then play an MMO and complain about lack of PvP content.

Originally posted by meddyck
    No PvE is the 2nd Foundational Principle Mark revealed and obviously one of the most important ones. If he violates that, he owes a lot of funders a refund including me. I don't see it happening for release. Down the road in xpacs... who knows? I'm curious what caused the OP to make his post since I haven't really seen anybody arguing for there to be PvE in CU lately.

My reason for the posting is that I see many people replying to other posts and complaining about the lack of PvE and as you stated No Pve is a foundational principle that has been made abundantly clear and I don't think people should be complaining about content that isnt even supposed to be part of the game.

• Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777

This is Bizarro thread.  Normally, it's the other way around -- a PVE game is released and you see a lot of whining and crying on the forums about the lack of PVP or poorly implemented PVP in a PVE centric game.  Go figure!

• GiddianGiddian Member UncommonPosts: 418

I believe a game is what the devs want it to be. but I can't help but chuckle at the op. usually its the other way around, People crying about lack of PvP.

this is a RvR game, don't like it, play something else.

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    I'm kind of concerned about the lack of PVE too. There is obviously attention put towards character class and lore. A good way to immerse players into the story is through PVE. Making the player part of the lore is awesome. That said, why put any effort into class lore or story if there are no plans to include the player. I understand the RVR aspect and that the players WILL be the story; I'm wondering how new players and those that aren't on 24/7 will keep up with what is happening. Maybe MJ and crew are exploring some new way to keep the world alive and current for the players.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Story sucks in mmos anyway

Lore is a different matter, you can have lore without raids and what have you. Look at eve.
  • DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    You know what helps stop the whining?Posts like this!!!I mean it couldn't possibly invite people to respond with more whining where they wouldn't of before because there was no CU thread in recent activity tempting them!
  • CrimsonSixCrimsonSix Member UncommonPosts: 42

Don't feed the trolls, indeed.

A thought occurs - by now it has been said a million times there will be no PVE. Asking why there is no PVE in CU is like asking on the WoW forums why the Jedi is not one of the playable classes. Anyone bringing up PVE at this point is most likely a troll, so report them. Even if their posts look civil, their intention is clearly to troll, which is bannable on these forums I hope.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Fact is if you didn't back this game then you have no right to complain about anything. The game is getting made not matter how loud the non backers shout. MJ has made it clear what he intends to do and that's the end of that.

Imo people who never backed this game really don't have a voice.The game will run along nicely with the people who backed it.