Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Secret of Southsun Goes Live

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Guild Wars 2 players logging into the game will find that the next installment of the living story, Secret of Southsun, has gone live. Not only does the latest patch bring new content into the game, but also a new minigame and brand new features for WvW including traps.

Traps are fiendish items that can be purchased from the new Traps and Tricks Outfitters on each WvW map. We’re starting with anti-stealth fields and traps that remove supply from enemy players, but in the months ahead we’ll introduce even more ways to spread mayhem in the Mists!

See more about Secret of Southsun on the Guild Wars 2 site.

Ed. note: The press release is live but it is unclear at this point if Southsun is live on servers -yet-. The bottom line is that Southsun does launch today!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SoldorSoldor Member UncommonPosts: 81
    This game continues to get better. Hope to see enemy player names in WvWs future
  • SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836
    Originally posted by Soldor
    This game continues to get better. Hope to see enemy player names in WvWs future

You're probably not going to. This isn't something they forgot to get to or that their technology doesn't allow, it's a specific design decision. 

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Nope, not live yet.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    Still not live here at 19:30 CET. :-(
  • UnrealRpgUnrealRpg Member UncommonPosts: 138
    That was fun for a whole 5 seconds.
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by UnrealRpg

Exactly my take on it. smh /facepalm when will they learn people expect what they promised prelaunch, permanent DEs and permenent metas monthly?

Add to that the newest of the only-in-the-shop RNG skins and well you can well imagine how the forums are bursting with complaints (well deserved complaints).

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    Originally posted by UnrealRpg

Exactly my take on it. smh /facepalm when will they learn people expect what they promised prelaunch, permanent DEs and permenent metas monthly?

Add to that the newest of the only-in-the-shop RNG skins and well you can well imagine how the forums are bursting with complaints (well deserved complaints).

If you want fun, I recommend holding a grudge over a game because they change something, then carrying the grudge to your grave by constantly posting complaints in forums so that people can hear about how unhappy you are. I know it seems silly to say it's fun to be unhappy and whining all the time, but you just gotta try it.

Some other things a person can do for fun is picketing a restaurant because they change brands of ketchup.  Holding sit-ins at clothing stores because they started selling shoes that don't match with your outfit.  Screaming at your printer because it ran out of ink.

There are lots of things that a person can do to keep the fun times rolling in, just don't forget to dwell on the thought that you are entitled.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    There were other parts of this patch that haven't been mentioned and they affected WvW, etc. I am happy that they made this area a little easier to go through as it is important to play through all the areas for map completion.