Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone interested in Rift f2p?

JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
Think RIFT is going free to play.  Anyone here going to give it a try?

Comments

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955
    Nope.  Tried it, typical run of the mill themepark, nothing special and destined eventually for the great themepark trashcan.
  • strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    I played when it first came out, but havent tried it for well over a year. I will probably download it and see what it has become.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

You think?  Did the other 2-3 threads plus Rift's F2P website not give it away?

I don't know that I'd start it new but as a bunch of us already have time and characters invested, it might get more people back in the game.  They were doing big things when I stopped playing but no one from my guild was around anymore.  I might have stayed longer otherwise.

• pantheronpantheron Member UncommonPosts: 256
    I played the CB, and It just isn't the right art style to me. not Anime enough. its a good  game, and I would love to play it if i could stand the visuals. 

I play MMOs for the Forum PVP

• MMOPapaMMOPapa Member Posts: 121

I enjoyed Rift... but when it released I ran into some money problems and had to let a few luxuries go. After my money stabilized I just didn't feel like going back; mainly because I don't like falling behind. I like being there when a game comes out and being in that group that gets the 'first kill' or has all the answers for the new players so I can spare them from trolls... I just never went back, but I did enjoy it.

Would I go back now? I don't know... maybe. The games I have access to now via beta testing phases are usually weekend only and to be honest... they all seem bland in their own ways.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Not I, I tried it in beta and after release for about a month. It's basically a poor copy of WoW for me. Not interested in themepark mmorpg's. Also, I'm not interested in an mmorpg that isn't a subscription based game, I don't like cash shops, nor do I like the types of people that are drawn to F2P and B2P games....Cheapskate, gimme everything for free or with little effort, casual players.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500
    Uninstalled rift few hours ago ... so no
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Definitely.

Played it for several months and have been thinking about going back lately... this just makes it easier.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458
    Now it makes sense why Trion was giving away Rift + Expansion for free to everybody on Raptr about a month ago.  Guess it was one last push to get players to join before converting to Free to Play?

• fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286

Rift was the game that I would go back to every few months but with the F2P conversion I probably won't go back now.  

F2P does nothing to improve my gaming experience, and in most cases it only diminishes it. 

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Probably not. It does not offer any unique settings, or combat mechanics.

If TSW going F2P, i will be very interested.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    I don't prefer the game mechanics so it's a no for me.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Love Rift, will continue my sub. But my endgame is Dimensions - Rift's player housing.

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668

Trust me, whatever trolls say every one will be interested when it goes f2p.

I m not an active subscriber but i can say from my past experience in the game, its way better than most mmo's out there.

Many of my guild mates in wow (twilight's hammer-eu) and gw2 (Underworld) and also rl friends, are willing to quit current games to jump together in to RIFT.

btw RIFT f2p model is more than excellent!

• BlueTiger33BlueTiger33 Member Posts: 158

I honestly don't like the various soul tree linkups. Each skill is a direct requirement of the previous one. It just wasn't fun for me because forced tiered work is bleh imho.

Now I'm playing DCUO which has fewer abilities and such but believe it or not those skill sets seem less restrictiveve to me then Rift's.

I will never support freeloaders, no more subsidized gaming.
    My Blog
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    I have 10 months or so left on the x pac year deal. I cancelled today after I saw this news. I won t pay a sub for it ever again, nor will I spend a cent in their cash shop. Personally theres better games out there. I m happily playing EQ2 and DAOC mostly now anyways.
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Im already playing for free through the raptr promotion and i dont know if would continue to play weather its f2p or not...

I login and like many mmorpgs now days i think of why i want to level...Can't think of any good reason.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Probably not. It does not offer any unique settings, or combat mechanics.If TSW going F2P, i will be very interested. 
    TSW is B2P and the client is cheap, no monthly fee, well worth the small outlay.

Yup will be going back to Rift, had a lot of fun, wanted to go back for the expansion but for some unknown reason I couldn't update nor re-install the client, support were very patient and helped but could never connect to their servers, hoping the F2P transition may help with that.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by EvilGeek

Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Probably not. It does not offer any unique settings, or combat mechanics.

If TSW going F2P, i will be very interested.

TSW is B2P and the client is cheap, no monthly fee, well worth the small outlay.

Yup will be going back to Rift, had a lot of fun, wanted to go back for the expansion but for some unknown reason I couldn't update nor re-install the client, support were very patient and helped but could never connect to their servers, hoping the F2P transition may help with that.

Yeah i know TSW is B2P .. i may take the dive if i have time for the game. And at the same time, the client can only become cheaper.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Trick question:

No one on MMORPG is interested in any MMOs. They all apparently suck in their own way.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    You can get Storm Legion for around $20 USD now. I might pick that up and give the game a go. There's a number of folks in my guild who play it.
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848

Free to play - NO

Some actual balance - YES

The Soul system is a mess.

• Sp00shSp00sh Member Posts: 48
    I have already confirmed with a few friends that we will be trying it again.  We awhile in the beginning but stopped because of Capstone.  Looking forward to giving it a try again!
  • Balcifer504Balcifer504 Member Posts: 3
    I'll be back in Rift for sure. I can't say it will have my full attention because of Marvel Heroes coming out June 4th.
  • SoulStainSoulStain Member Posts: 202
    I will. I loved it for a year then so many new mmos came out and went free I just kind of hopped around ..spending a little here and there but not wiling to re-sub to anything except SWTOR. I would even hop on Rift and play alts up to 20. I got a free copy of Storm-Legion through Steam when I purchased Defiance ( which I need to start playing more)  so I'm excited to see some of that content. Especially since I wont be limited various things having been a previous longtime subscriber. Their F2P model, from what I've read, seems more free than others I've experienced.
This discussion has been closed.