Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance: Rynn Leaves the Show To Enter the Game

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

If you've been watching the Syfy show "Defiance", you are aware that Rynn has escaped. For now, she will not be seen on the show. However, players of Trion Worlds' Defiance will be able to defeat the Hellbug swarm in an effort to return Rynn to the show. Developers are calling this a true transmedia event.

Emergencies

4 new emergencies will be added to the world, but only during this event. In each of the emergencies, the player will be fighting against the new elemental versions of the hellbugs while trying to accomplish a task for Rynn:

• "Exotic Goods" : Brave a thriving hellbug nest to harvest chrysalis samples for Varus

• "A New Pair of Genes" : Take on a Monarch in order to collect samples of his DNA for Rosa and Eren.

• "Smells Like Victory" : Harvest samples straight from pheromone secretors for Von Bach

• "Thinning the Herd" : Help a group of Echelon Mercs clear out a Hellbug Nest to assist Cass in purging the land of this menace.

The month of May will see players working through a variety of new content to bring Rynn back to the show. You can read more on the Defiance site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Cool, I guess?

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308

The episodes are already filmed and put through production.

Is anyone really going to believe that their actions are the cause of the characters return?

Hi

• SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Originally posted by Jayaris

Is anyone really going to believe that their actions are the cause of the characters return?

You do know that filming two separate outcomes isn't unheard of right?

This wouldn't be the first time two different endings/outcomes have been filmed, hell it's been done in the film industry multiple times and both endings shown to premiere night movie goers or select viewings to get their reaction before deciding on which to go with.

So yes it's more than believable.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

@Jay

While I'm a skeptic, it truly isn't that difficult to see them doing multiple cuts of the same sequence.  

Look at that show "The Following".  They shot quite a few scenes that were so drastically different that even the actors didn't know which scene would be chosen.  It's not like the choice is so drastically divergent.  

She either get caught, escapes, or is killed.  Shooting 3 scenes one with them holding her, one with them consoling each other that she got away, and one say "aw gee she was killed" each aren't outside the realm of possibility.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    She was in it for like 2 episodes as a guest star?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Originally posted by Sinsai
    Originally posted by Jayaris

You do know that filming two separate outcomes isn't unheard of right?

This wouldn't be the first time two different endings/outcomes have been filmed, hell it's been done in the film industry multiple times and both endings shown to premiere night movie goers or select viewings to get their reaction before deciding on which to go with.

So yes it's more than believable.

But why bother? The outcome is predetermined by emergencies that lead to her return. Its almost impossible players would not do those quests to make sure she didn't come back. You don't really have a choice.

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

How many episodes are/were/will be, paid,  DLC?

Edit: added "paid"

• pmilespmiles Member Posts: 383

Well you can all test your conspiracy theories by doing the opposite of whatever tasks they set before you... then see if the show alters it's story to align with the game.  

LOL, let Defiance get overrun by the enemy and kill off all the leading characters of the resistance!  That's the only way to prove the game has any affect on the show.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by pmiles

Well you can all test your conspiracy theories by doing the opposite of whatever tasks they set before you... then see if the show alters it's story to align with the game.  

LOL, let Defiance get overrun by the enemy and kill off all the leading characters of the resistance!  That's the only way to prove the game has any affect on the show.

We need to gather the forces of the old AC Thistledown community to lead the charge here. ;)

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    shes soo ugly lol.
  • dotdotdashdotdotdash Member UncommonPosts: 488

NEXT TIME...

Spoiler tags, and use an ambiguous or generalised title :)

Some of us don't get to see the show until after the US air date. Sticking plot points in the titles of your articles is a noob thing to do, so don't do it again.

Much obliged.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by dotdotdash

NEXT TIME...

Spoiler tags, and use an ambiguous or generalised title :)

Some of us don't get to see the show until after the US air date. Sticking plot points in the titles of your articles is a noob thing to do, so don't do it again.

Much obliged.

And some of the people who live in the US might DVR the show so might not have watched it either.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Also please could you put *SPOILER ALERT* when posting stuff that has info about the TV series, i have not seen yesterdays episode yet.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    With the staggering amount of commercials that play during the episodes, I am wondering if I should just stop watching the show now and catch up on it later when it is on netflix.  Honestly, the last twenty minutes of the show are like 4 min of show then 4 min of commercial then 4 minutes of show and then another 4 minutes of commercial.  It is the only time in my 40+ years of watching TV that I have been annoyed by the volume of commercials played during a show.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• SpellshaperSpellshaper Member UncommonPosts: 419
    Originally posted by syltmacka
    shes soo ugly lol.

Rly?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1503416/

• MugiMugiMugiMugi Member UncommonPosts: 18
    I personally hope they fail saving her, she is part of why I dropped the show at ep 2. But good luck for you guys who enjoy the game and show. Personally I'm tired of series with know it all twens.
  • ipekaipeka Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by Spellshaper
    Originally posted by syltmacka
    shes soo ugly lol.

Rly?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1503416/

#burn

• DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372

They talked about the DLC in the Across the Badlands last night.

The Volge Sieges sound pretty fun (dynamic events on towns/areas of the world, the faster and more efficient the better the rewards), along with the new charge weapons (hold to powerup attacks), charge blade (melee weapon with attack and charged attacks), customizable voices for your characters, more story arc, Castithan race, duels and a couple other game types.. starting to shape up like a sweet DLC.

I played the first Rynn storyline chain yesterday and it was pretty cool. Got an awesome Infector Grenade that sends out baby skitterlings like infector weapons do.  Sweet :)