Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Once you experience group pvp in Darkfall, you don't go back.

wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388

Two nights ago, my clan had around 10 near our hamlet doing our normal thing. Fighting mobs, harvesting and crafting. When out of nowhere 7-10 enemies from another clan run through killing us. So we quickly re gear and head to their last location. The battle that proceeded was truly epic. At the end we stood over their graves and took back what loot they got from us, plus theirs.

The next night, two friends of mine and I decided to go hunt a particular mob. As we arrive, we see 2 groups of 3 people fighting against each other. So we decide to hide behind some rocks and watch the battle. as one side wins we make our move knowing the enemy's stats will be low. The fight lasts a few minutes, until we stand over all of them looting our reward. Now we have also secured fighting the mob spawn...of course until the group we dropped got their revenge. 

These are two examples of what I'd consider low end battles. These battles were not scripted by throwing us into a battleground or some instanced area.. They were driven by the players in the open world. The world we are all fighting to control. I can't wait for the battles where it will be 50+ vs 50+

If you've ever watched a pvp video of darkfall, trust me - it does not show the true feeling of what it is like. There is no game that compares to the realism darkfall provides.

Comments

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Agreed, the larger scale battles are an extreme blast. The largest I've experienced is 20v30+.   I don't think i'll be continuing my sub however until they add more actual sandbox politics/elements.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

I agree on this too, group PVP is very team based. One of the best features of the game. 

Sadly it is overshadowed by other less fun things. :(

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

yeah "pvp" in any other mmo just feels like a complete joke after darkfall. theres no adrenaline since your not risking anything, and theres no skill since your simply queing abilities.

hasn't been any great siege videos so far AFAIK, but this one was quite funny, altho 100% melee swinging.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y92IlSDLoFA

My blog: image

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360

dfuw ruined my Mmo experience. I dont think I will be able to enjoy ESO when it comes out

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399
    Originally posted by gamekid2k

dfuw ruined my Mmo experience. I dont think I will be able to enjoy ESO when it comes out

Agreed.

This game is under rated.  Well unless you love the themepark wow clones. 

I would trade polish for unique/hard/risky any day and the game delivers.

You just don't get this kind of metagaming out of a themepark.

More importantly...the group pvp dynamic is crazy.  Friendly fire, uninvited guests, your loots on the line...no two fights are ever the same.

If this game ever:

1. got a serious amount of polish (and mind you im talking AAA polish this game is lightyears ahead of Mortal Online and Xyson ect in terms of polish)

2. A large non combat related mechanic in the game

It would be a complete and epic sandbox.

Don't be afraid if your timid about gear loss of rampant ganking...its worth the occasional loss of gear and hot headed moments. 

Seriously under rated game that deserves a decent population.  If you are sick of the clones you are retarded for not playing this game.

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344

And which script would you be reading from if you had lost that fight?

"This game is unbalanced!"

or

"Cheating is rampant in this game!"

Originally posted by topographic

or

Well your missing the vital first step in DF pvp anger.

First the losing team must accuse the winning team of being both "bads" and then "zerging"  After which the follow up accusation of role balance (all roles have an OP factor to them) and/or cheating/lagswitching can then be levied against the winning side.

If this process makes absolutely no sense, you would be correct.  All part of the humor in darkfall....which on its surface looks like a cesspool of rage and hate, but once you get the community its mostly funny stuff masked as ragers.

• MegaD61MegaD61 Member Posts: 59
    I just was part of an pretty epic siege tonight.  We had a group of about 40 and we were facing about 3 groups of 15-20 but were able to keep them from linking up and so repeatedly rolled them.  Was great times.  I heard we got footage will try and post.
  • MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

Lol, the PVP in this is a complete JOKE compared to Guild Wars 1 or DAOC.

Once you play DAOC's PVP, you can't go back to this shit.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• b0mb3rb0mb3r Member UncommonPosts: 10

Agreed!

I played UO on its golden era. And after it, i can't enjoy a game where u cannot be killed  and looted. You can do whatever you want, wherever you want, with whoever you want without consequences.

DF1 and now DF:UW is the only MMO that kept me playing for more than 1 month after UO. And besides the full loot, you actualy have to aim to hit something...

DF:UW needs a lot of content, and pollish, but i can't find another game in the market worth paying a single dolar.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    This is so true. Even if i left DF UW for a while, i can't bring myself to play an other mmo and i plan to go back after an other 3 months. There's is still nothing better than darkfall when it comes down to pvp and especially group fights.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

Dark Age of Camelot, Guild Wars 1(Make sure it's 1, as 2's PVP does indeed suck.)

• DamediusDamedius Member Posts: 346
    Originally posted by Mkilbride

I tried DAOC's Pvp after playing the original Darkfall.

I don't think I can properly express just how horrible DAOC's PvP is. It is easily the worst PvP I have ever played in an MMO.

Who in their right mind thought that 45 second CC was a good idea?

• asdarasdar Member UncommonPosts: 662

Dark Age of Camelot, Guild Wars 1(Make sure it's 1, as 2's PVP does indeed suck.)

I've played both these games and I liked both well enough. Darkfall is better than DAoC for large battles. It's more skill based and meaningful, and the combat is just better.

GW 1 isn't comparing apples to apples. It was arena based, totally different, and while I enjoyed the heck out of GW 1 it shouldn't be compared to an open world fight. The reason most people quit GW was because it's so repetitive, like playing CoD matches. There's no meaning to those games.

Asdar

• StrommStromm Member Posts: 243

Time to update that sig.

• StrommStromm Member Posts: 243
    Originally posted by Damedius

I tried DAOC's Pvp after playing the original Darkfall.

I don't think I can properly express just how horrible DAOC's PvP is. It is easily the worst PvP I have ever played in an MMO.

Who in their right mind thought that 45 second CC was a good idea?

I'm not a regular PvPer, it's never a focus for me, can't say I even like RPG PvP much at all tbh. DAoC is probably the single biggest contributor to that opinion. So yeah, I agree with your assessment of DAoC.

I dunno, DAOC and GW1 was like the best/better incarnation of themepark no risk pvp.  Certainly a completely different beast than a action combat full loot game.

Untill a conglomerate gaming company puts some mega bucks into making a full loot ffa open world sandbox game...DF will reign king of this type of game.  I know its not saying much but its why this game isn't near death like its competition...its actually made halfway decent and works.

• tyrsontyrson Member Posts: 34
    The thing with DF, nothing lasts forever, it either breaks or gets stolen. And the best stuff is player made, and Bears don't drop swords.
    Yeah, not sure why people are still claiming only Darkfall only does this, when there is a handful of other MMO's with the same mechanics and better versions of Darkfalls.

Yeah, not sure why people are still claiming only Darkfall only does this, when there is a handful of other MMO's with the same mechanics and better versions of Darkfalls.

Name one modern mmorpg that does this.  Theres a handful so one wont be hard right?

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    The only modern one would be mortal

But you got older stuff, daoc mordred, ac darktide etc..

Ps2 is full on pvp, but its full on pvp, there's no getting ganked while gathering or whatever
  • -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    Small scale and large scale battles are fun and require teamwork and strategy.  Something many other games lack.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by BrownAle
    Originally posted by topographic

or

Well your missing the vital first step in DF pvp anger.

First the losing team must accuse the winning team of being both "bads" and then "zerging"  After which the follow up accusation of role balance (all roles have an OP factor to them) and/or cheating/lagswitching can then be levied against the winning side.

If this process makes absolutely no sense, you would be correct.  All part of the humor in darkfall....which on its surface looks like a cesspool of rage and hate, but once you get the community its mostly funny stuff masked as ragers.

So true. Had a funny one today. Im out farming, grouped up with some random warrior who was there. He is like 9.5k prowess, im 64k. 1st a 72k Ele tries to get the jump on us, makes the mistake of focusing on the warrior while i pop exploit weakness & salvo on him and he dies in seconds. 5 minutes later a 35-40k Ele comes running out there. Im up on a rooftop scouting when I see him coming towards us on a mount. He dismounts, pulls out his staff and starts charging towards us so  I drop salvo on him and exploding arrow. He starts running around so the warrior with me goes out to try and cut him off. while I finish him.

We head back to town to bank, i go afk for a couple minutesand when I return I start heading back out. I notice my alt, who was posted there for faster spawns is dying, so I alt tab over and see 3 guys attacking my alt and tell the warrior with me to run. He makes it back to the SZ and as I run out there I start getting rage tells from one of their guys because we "zerged his friend". Poor kid is angry as hell, raging nonstop, because PvP happened in a PvP game and they started it. Also, news to me, but 2 people is also apparently now a zerg.

I told him if his friend cant handle PvP happening he should stay in the SZ instead of coming to spawns and charging at people with his weapon out. At this point a 4th guy of theirs shows up. Im riding around on my mount in circles laughing at the kid raging at me and all 4 of them following me around like Im holding out a steak and theyre all starving dogs. Then the rager starts trying to challenge me to a 1v1.... with 3 of his guys with him, and continues whining about the 2 of us "zerging his friend".

Best part of it... the idiot raging was from VAMP. Notrious zerglings since DF1 who will resort to bringing 10+ guys to fight 3 guys in leather and R20s because the 1st group of 6 VAMPs couldnt handle them.

Then people from VAMP wonder why they get laughed at and trolled constantly.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

The last few days I have been hanging out at some random chaos stone.  The people hanging around there have been leaving each other alone for the most part.  Occasionally though you will get some small group rolling through there, killing everyone they see.  I'm just killing when I see a warrior come at me (I'm a primalist).  So I do my best to try and survive the initial onslaught and start spamming virtuous wrath to hurt his stamina.  I drain this guy out of stamina and was about to finish him when his elementalist buddy jumps in  to try and kill me. 

Well the two people at the Chaos stone that I have been neutral with who was also watching the fight joined in at that point to help me.  The elementalist seeing how the tide has turned starts heading to the bank.  Must of had something good on him, and I kill him a few shots later.  The Ele had a small treasure map, mount and a few R30 staffs and a shit ton of other stuff.  The other two guys killed and looted that Warrior.

Later on I approach the bank from a little farming and see a high prowess killing a few of the nakeds at the bindstone over and over.  I rush in, Rez a guy and start attacking the skirmisher, who runs away.  This allowed the nakeds to regear.  Now there is four of them, but they don't kill me because I helped them.  At least for last night.  Who knows what tonight will bring.

This to me is what sets Darkfall apart from the other games.