Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help finding new game

nerixa248nerixa248 Member UncommonPosts: 45

Hello, guys. I'm looking for help to find a new home.

-3D if possible - fantasy or anime with good/cute looking chars

-f2p if possible(doesn't matter if game is p2w as long as item mall items are also obtainable in game(like buying from cash shoppers))

-easy on eyes - super bright colors and flashy skills makes my eyes hurt

-ground based - space and mech games makes me confused o.o

-ranged physical(archer/gunner) or support(healer class) or summon class

-with less restrictions as possible(like being able to chose only 1 crafting of 10 or one skill out of 4)

-fast, fluid combat, but not action rpg

-not really fan of pvp but occasional battle ground is good

-lots of stuff to do in game, i don't count pvp as endgame i need something to always work for - collecting stuff, leveling pets, upgrading armor

Comments

• SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310

http://nw.perfectworld.com/

enjoy and it's actually a solid game.

Edit:

Outside of that i'd say Dragons Nest or Eden Eternal

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494
    Originally posted by nerixa248

Hello, guys. I'm looking for help to find a new home.

-3D if possible - fantasy or anime with good/cute looking chars

-f2p if possible(doesn't matter if game is p2w as long as item mall items are also obtainable in game(like buying from cash shoppers))

-easy on eyes - super bright colors and flashy skills makes my eyes hurt

-ground based - space and mech games makes me confused o.o

-ranged physical(archer/gunner) or support(healer class) or summon class

-with less restrictions as possible(like being able to chose only 1 crafting of 10 or one skill out of 4)

-fast, fluid combat, but not action rpg

-not really fan of pvp but occasional battle ground is good

-lots of stuff to do in game, i don't count pvp as endgame i need something to always work for - collecting stuff, leveling pets, upgrading armor

I'd check out FFXIV:ARR you can get into the beta for free, and if you decide it is worth it you can subscribe when it comes out.

NA

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

EU

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/

-Pretty good looking characters imo

-Has archer, bard, white mage, summoner and Musketeer will be patched in

-Can use any craft, or play any job/class on your character with no restrictions

-Arena PvP with Battleground PvP coming shortly after launch

-Player housing

-Endgame with 24 person raids, 8 person dungeons, FATEs (like Rift/Public Quests), summons, chocobo raising (patch later), chocobo battle companions, minions (in game vanity pets),  and a Materia system where you can enhance armor with attributes gained from "spiritbonding" old equipment through gaining exp while equiping it.

Among other things, you won't find everything you want in a F2P title, but unless it is not to your taste FFXIV:ARR has everything on your list but being free.  You could try it for free in beta though.

• DivonaDivona Member UncommonPosts: 189

http://ro2.playpark.net/

Ragnarok Online 2

• nerixa248nerixa248 Member UncommonPosts: 45

Will try out Dragons nest and Neverwinter.

Aeria games closed 2 games last month, one of which i actually enjoyed playing. They keep opening unfinished games and closing fast when cash stops flowing in so i don't like that company anymore.

RO2 looks nice, but my region dl clients are broken and i'm unable to dl it for a while, other guy posted to tech support and haven't got answer for 2 weeks.

Might try out FF when it comes out if have the extra cash.

• Dragon's Nest is really bad. Sure it's free. But it's like a bad movie. You'll end up wanting your time back.
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Play Neverwinter.
  • CoNk3rCoNk3r Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Originally posted by SupportPlayerMM

http://nw.perfectworld.com/

enjoy and it's actually a solid game.

tl;dr: at the bottom, yippie´kay (below Rant is obviously my PoV, and sry for my english beforehand)

To make it actually a solid game, they have to FIX the system on many parts in the firs t place! Not talking about "you have to pay for Level 60 Tier 2-stuff/runs" no, think everyone knows by now that its has a P2W aroma, this game is very shallow in every aspects the game has to offer.

- the PvP is really bad, not because most get ganked by CWF and Rogues, overall it is a very bad PvP -> Like A "Panzar" rush to the center and smash the heads, repeat this over and over (some may like that), to me : its one of the worst PvP system on the market

- the Game Wolrd created by the Developers after Months, its frustratingly non existant and sooo small : it only takes about a week to reach level 60 with a Guardian Fighter (tank), any onther class get there within hours.....the maps/zone have the size of a sand corn, a sand corn floating somewhere in the air, you jump from one to antoher one and complete boring quests :

- Til level 35 or so, the game was actually very fun, nothing groudn breaking of fun, more of fresh until it wears of -type of fun, once you get to Ebon Downs, after that map the Quest structure is as follow : complete 4 quests on the map somewhere, always the same cr-p kill 12 spider, find me 12 spider eggs etc.. the rest of the quests, you complete in mini dungeon, they all look the same and are very "boring" -> enter that Mini Dungeon, kill Pirate Boss X or Undead Pirate Boss Z, same thing over and over again, you ge the drift.

-Crafting serves no purpose? Im sending some npc mercenaries to do stuff, they brind stuff back - the end

- Yes, the game is free, it is v-e-r-y Free until you probably wanna do tier 2 stuff or even tier 1 (get best gear, enchs, AD etc..)

-the Foundry editor is prolly the cheapest editor out there, not sure but FC2 and prior ones were a lot better in any sense, so far you can only work on a 2D plane, go straight, go left or go right -> once seen, every other user created dungeon is the same, just filled with diffrent mobs ;) (gets boring very fast), but the editor is very good when you wanna create quests and are into heavy quest-writing (some form of Role Play-typing)

-The gmae has many weird animations, Hand Up in the Air(CWF) is just the funniest one...yet, breaks immersion.

- for a 2013 game, F2P or not!... the PvE World is non existant. Remember Guild Wars 1 back 2005? Sure, was instanced like dog-foo-foo, but at least there was a huge World to sink into and have fun, one WOULD assume 2013 developers would at least "attempt" to come up witha  world to explore, but not here :

Enter Map -> Leave Map (back door, hihi) -> Enter new Map -> Leave Map... only the first Story Quests had some "instanced-travel" to the next Maps, til you reach the Plague Tower, after that its : Enter Map -> Leave Map (back door, hihi) -> Enter new Map -> Leave Map, how did you get there? Prolly with one of those 30$ bear mounts, they also can fly apparently.. on a seriours note : this all you have to show to us, after how many "days" in development ? 10 maps and nothing more...

-Compared to the volatile communtiy over at Tera, here im just not sure how to describe it. Think its has both, its bad but  not that bad (Tera), not sure WHY there is a ZOne chat on every map, since noone is using it, and when its like trying to talk to some deaf ppl. in a ghost town, asking for help to do a hard quest (final one : Level 50 Map, Fire Mount Hotenow, that final Boss was prolly the hardest s--t one has to go throught as a tank, no DPS, weak defence, guard meter seems broken? etc... im loosing some hair!)

- NVO has prolly the worst Dungeon-System expierence one can have, due not working threat system at all, even then its a BAD mix of GW2 and traditional old - school Holy-Trinity system like in Lotro, WoW etc.. (its plain and simple does not work at all, without those boss attacks, without those frontal cone-boss attacks, without those GW2 copied aoe-fields on the ground attacks -> NVO dungeon-runs are "stand around target X" and kill it, before it kills you.. and do your a favour : AVOID to queue up via the ingame tool, the PUGS are among the worst (not ONCE, NOT ONCE! i was not allowed to aggro any MOBS as tank, initial pull : NOT ONCE!!!! its - a rush game, who hits the target first.... and the Need and GreeD thing, happens in other games as well, so not adding this as an argument, but you have to live with that, if you plan on playing this on a daily basis, be prepared : NVW has the highest ninja-count on the market.

And frankly speaking now, don´t tell me this game has potential : it took them prolly 12 months or more (not sure of the actual time of development, otherwise i would have stopped it long itme ago)... after a year or more : the result is a very shallow, non existant PvE Wolrd, bad PvP, broken Game (still Open Beta), with a very limited Foundry Editor for the "dummies" among us, over all : it will only last for the first 30 levels or so, some of the maps (Blackdigger, only this one i believe) are great designed, but im not sure "on how" they are going to continue this, by just adding an 11th map for the new level cap of level 65? or few more dungeons... in other games, it takes ages to hit the wall and start to realize beside the raid-grind, there is not much to do, in Neverwinter you hit that wall after few days, doesnt take much to level up an alt and hit the same wall again, once you hit that WALL, you have to pay to be "better", no way to farm Astral Diamonds.

As a F2P you are forced to do dailies (3xpvp matches,3x foundry levels,3x dungeons  and 3xskirmishes), if you want to get some Astral Diamons, but after that : its already time for bed ;)

Thats like approx. 60K AD per Day, as a F2P, Founder by doing 3-times PvP match, 3x times a Skirmish, 3x times a Dungeons and 3x times a Foundry (any or the same?) user created Level), to complete all that, it takes you roughly about an entire day, not joking (you can´t do or waste doing other stuff, if you plan on playing this like a typical F2P game ,hop in and hop out, forget it ;)

3x PvP = 15 or 20? min per match, lets say 45min

3xDungeons (have to be on level i suppose), thats like 3 timers 20 (good PUG or guild run) 45 (pugs, approx. 90min to 150min?

3x Skrimshes (on level i guess?), 60min to 120? depending on the setup again

2 or 3x Foundry Level (same level 3 times, should do the trick), chose a "loooooooong" one and you waste 4h, read the description and then bookmark that level ;)

end of my Pov on NVW, if you have read all of this, i thank you for doing that. If this is going ot be your main Game, yo uprolly are going to spend some $$ anyways, for those Game-hoppers out there, play something else.

tl;dr:

very shallow, boring after level 35 (get few buddies and farm, exploit through foundry level to 60, is quicker and about the same as boring, in other words : YOU seek a break from WoW, GW2, LotrO, LoL etc.? --- give Tera a try,AoC,EQ2 or better : start a new alt in your game of choice, you will have more fun that way.

and both dragons nest and neverwinter are action rpg which is real nightmare for me
  • EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by nerixa248
    and both dragons nest and neverwinter are action rpg which is real nightmare for me

If you are a clicker then I suggest you learn  to play without clicking. Itll definetely open up more options for you. Start with neverwinter. There arent alot of buttons you have to press. They dont have a huge amount of action bars. Its a great introduction to get away from clicking and learn the ropes on how to really play :)

nah i like multitasking to much to play action rpg...every time i look away from screen i end up dead or something and i totally suck at dodging. Neverwinter also have very ugly chars...(even human race looks like drunkard with their red nose..wth?).
  • codifiercodifier Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Try mabinogi
    i guess i will stick with mabinogi, ty guys
  • JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Might want to try Rift. Themepark mmo, has a free trial to level 20 with lots to see and do.

• KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252

Only one answear: Lord of the Rings Online (Laurelin for EU/Landroval for US)

Best community, awesome and deep game, rich and beautiful world, etc! Check it out, it has everything you are asking for and even more! Who could not like a world made from Tolkien's books? ;)

• CoNk3rCoNk3r Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Originally posted by Kanyl

Only one answear: Lord of the Rings Online (Laurelin for EU/Landroval for US)

Best community, awesome and deep game, rich and beautiful world, etc! Check it out, it has everything you are asking for and even more! Who could not like a world made from Tolkien's books? ;)

Have to upvote this! AND>>> you can get everything for free as well, if you got the time that is (TP grind),

Its a lot more fun than NVO can ever be and will, takes a lot longer to hit that damn Wall, the dungeon - party system works, prolly the best out there and looks great beyond 1080p, has some mini Wv3 PvP with a lot of cussing and drama but over all a great expieremce to be had in Lotro.