Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a good COOP game

EscadEscad Member UncommonPosts: 9

Hi all, like the title says I'm looking for a cool COOP game to get a bit away from the "MMO stress" :)

I'd like a game with a good story, RPG elements and really good COOP gameplay.

It can be a FPS or third person shooter or a game like Gothic I, II etc.

Anything you could suggest me?

Comments

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

Borderlands and Borderland 2

Dead Island and Dead Island Riptide

Torchlight II

Somewhat older...Neverwinter Nights 2

You said No MMO's still I would suggest you for Dungeons and Dragons Online , just do co-op with your friends then this is the best co-op game out there, yes it's better than the new Neverwinter IMO..

The new is also good, but the dungeons in DDO by far outshines Neverwinter, It has the foundry however :) These games are MMO's but they are also great co-op experiences , just don't bother with everyone else and you will be fine, infact make it a rule or else you will get spoiled by bad groups that just like to rush for xp and rewards.

• EscadEscad Member UncommonPosts: 9
    You just listed all the games I like :)
    I played Borderlands 2 with all expansions and it is an awesome game. DDO is great, you got what I mean hehe, the problem is just none of my friends like DDO and I don't want to play it alone.
    I also installed Neverwinter Nights II last week but a friend didn't manage to install it lol, just having bad luck :)
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    One of these
    1 monaco
    2 terraria
    3 Torchlight 2
    4 minecraft
    5 left for dead 2
  • EscadEscad Member UncommonPosts: 9
    I'm gonna check Torchlight 2, Monaco isn't exactly what I was looking for but I have to admit it looks very interesting, checking a few videos of those 2 games, thanks!
  • WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Two worlds 2 perhaps. There's never any more than 30 or so people on multiplayer usually though.

Divinity Original Sin in November hopefully.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Originally posted by Escad
    I'm gonna check Torchlight 2, Monaco isn't exactly what I was looking for but I have to admit it looks very interesting, checking a few videos of those 2 games, thanks!

Its the best game released this year, check it out, its super good.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Arma II DayZ mod on steam one best multiplayer with friend.

Two Worlds 1 on GOG.COM 8euro with co-op multiplayer.

• XstylesXstyles Member Posts: 107

Magicka is also quite fun. Marvel heroes is coming out an June the 4th. Me and a few friends are gonna play that on our next LAN.

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

i heard that infinity engine rpgs (BG2, IWD and IWD2) are quite fun as multiplayer

http://www.mmomeltingpot.com/2012/08/how-to-play-baldurs-gate-2-icewind-dale-and-icewind-dale-2-multiplayer-co-op-over-lan-the-internet-or-tcpip-without-crashes/

edit: also i second magicka

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607

Well just so happens a friend got me into a interesting coop game recently. Called "Guns of Icarus Online" which is a 100% teambased game where you and 3 others pilot an airship and shoot down other 4 man crew player controlled ships. Each player has a role, one is captain and pilots the ship, the other three are a mix of engineers repairing and maintaining engines, hull, weapons, etc. And the gunners who man the guns. (Each class can do everything, but each does one thing better than the rest.)

It's absolutely amazing, being able to walk around a massive airship and try to keep the thing together during massive airbattles, it's all in first person, with a option for third person. It's $10 on steam too atm. (Temporary sale)

Make sure to look up guns of icarus """"ONLINE"""" the one by the same name without online isn't all that good.

PS: I should also warn you the game is having major server issues atm, due to apparently a massive influx of players.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.