Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I.. I think I want to come back...

patek5patek5 Member Posts: 7

I started my young gaming days in vanilla wow, and I started my raiding days in Kata(BC). 

I'm young(19) and can't tell you that I know as much about games as most of you do, I won't pretend to. I don't "respect" the godly games that most people speak of. I party, I go to a major SEC university, and I have a pretty sexy, imo, gf. So... if you don't care anymore I understand.

Also, I am drunk typing this. As I usually am when I want to go back to WoW. 

What has happened recently is that I've noticed myself getting sick of all the changes to WoW. There are stupid guild levels that have destroyed the guild concept and community feel to me. There are heirlooms(which I have abused) that make leveling a joke, on top of being rested and having a lvl 25 guild. Let me just say that these things aren't enough for me to consider going back.

I have been a die-hard raider in every game I have tried, but nothing even comes close to the quality, fluidity, and logics of the WoW raids that I have come to know since BC... But this has somewhat tapered off since the baby-style gaming inititated in late Wrath.

Please, let me stop ranting.

TLDR: I'd love to find a person that notices what I love in WoW(honestly community and serious raiding with chill people, not a bunch of up tight douchebags) and can convice me to come back.

OR, I need a friendly guild. Whether it be RP(I like this shit for some reason, maybe cause I'm weird and used to get my escape through weed and now can't), or it be serious raiding, if I can find a guild that is accepting, friendly, and has an old-school sense of community that I haven't found since Cata, I'd LOVE to come back.

I can provide a great leadership presence, I have played every single class ingame in a raiding aspect, but none in MoP.

Thank you for reading this or replying, whether you're hating or not, gracias and happy cinco de drinko

Comments

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Originally posted by patek5

I started my young gaming days in vanilla wow, and I started my raiding days in Kata(BC). 

I'm young(19) and can't tell you that I know as much about games as most of you do, I won't pretend to. I don't "respect" the godly games that most people speak of. I party, I go to a major SEC university, and I have a pretty sexy, imo, gf. So... if you don't care anymore I understand.

Also, I am drunk typing this. As I usually am when I want to go back to WoW. 

What has happened recently is that I've noticed myself getting sick of all the changes to WoW. There are stupid guild levels that have destroyed the guild concept and community feel to me. There are heirlooms(which I have abused) that make leveling a joke, on top of being rested and having a lvl 25 guild. Let me just say that these things aren't enough for me to consider going back.

I have been a die-hard raider in every game I have tried, but nothing even comes close to the quality, fluidity, and logics of the WoW raids that I have come to know since BC... But this has somewhat tapered off since the baby-style gaming inititated in late Wrath.

Please, let me stop ranting.

TLDR: I'd love to find a person that notices what I love in WoW(honestly community and serious raiding with chill people, not a bunch of up tight douchebags) and can convice me to come back.

OR, I need a friendly guild. Whether it be RP(I like this shit for some reason, maybe cause I'm weird and used to get my escape through weed and now can't), or it be serious raiding, if I can find a guild that is accepting, friendly, and has an old-school sense of community that I haven't found since Cata, I'd LOVE to come back.

I can provide a great leadership presence, I have played every single class ingame in a raiding aspect, but none in MoP.

Thank you for reading this or replying, whether you're hating or not, gracias and happy cinco de drinko

This post is really all over the place!

All i can say is, if someone has to convince you to play  you probably shouldnt.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• MadatanMadatan Member UncommonPosts: 182
    I always respect a good drunk typing.
  • patek5patek5 Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by Punk999

This post is really all over the place!

All i can say is, if someone has to convince you to play  you probably shouldnt.

Ya sorry about the all over the placeness I am a confused mind.

"If someone has to convince you" is kinda funny to me. If someone has to convince you to do anything the answer shouldn't be "you probably shouldn't". I'm not gonna be a jackass and give you 100 examples but I'm sure you can imagine. This is a forum and I want to get some conversation in here and I think people have some good or not so good points to discuss

• RingsideRingside Member UncommonPosts: 249

I understand 100% what the OP is saying. 

I think you should leave the good memories where they belong ( to the past ) i understand yoj feel nostalgic about the good old times but that kind of friendly atmosphere you are looking for will be found in futur release. WoW is finally getting old and getting into it mid expansion is a pretty bad idea imo. 

If you absolutely wanna go back to WoW i suggest you wait for the next xpac

• LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102
    Just wait for next Expansion to get back into it...rumor has it that it will be Burning Legion with Demon hunter as new hero class but eehhh take it with a grain of salt.

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

• SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310

I tried this game 6-7 times since it's launch hoping to get into it the way everyone else did... I never found it fun and always found myself drifting off while trying to level.

Edit: That being said I still respect the enjoyment this game provided to tens of millions over the years.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Leave Wow as a fond memory and continue to enjoy being 19, on a major college campus and having a good looking GF.  If I were in your shoes WoW and raiding would be the last thing on my mind.

Go make some mistakes on Friday and Sat. nights instead . Plenty of time to play MMOs when you dont have anything better to do. Enjoy having the social life that college offers while you can. =)

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Do not return.....over the past 8 years everytime i came back i saw that WoW became worse and worse...
    Not only the game itself, but also the players left playing WoW.

I have retardedly fond memory's of WoW from Vanila trough every Xpac, but the best ones are still:

Vanilla
    TBC
    WoTLK

Cataclysm i have zero...
    MoP...dint even bother anymore

cherish those fond memory's you have m8, WoW lost their best developers a long time ago to Project Titan.
    And it shows......

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

Mists of Pandaria is a great expansion.  They've been releasing big patches every three months, and the only complaint I've seen from people is that there are too many dailies and it isn't an alt friendly expansion.  It's also a lot harder to acquire gear this time around than it was in Wrath or Cataclysm.  Slightly easier than it was in Burning Crusade.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308
    I enjoyed WoW, but I'll never go back to it because I know it's not the game that I remember.

Hi

• MulliMulli Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by jdnewell

Leave Wow as a fond memory and continue to enjoy being 19, on a major college campus and having a good looking GF.  If I were in your shoes WoW and raiding would be the last thing on my mind.

Go make some mistakes on Friday and Sat. nights instead . Plenty of time to play MMOs when you dont have anything better to do. Enjoy having the social life that college offers while you can. =)

This. So much this. I wish I were nineteen again.

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541

Here's my suggestion: http://www.therebirth.net/

I love it.

• SerenesSerenes Member UncommonPosts: 351

I'm with everyone else, if you need convincing you should probably not return.

I do and don't agree with the opinion that the game has gotten worse, I think that the game was at its best TBC/up to Ulduar in WOTLK, but Cata was a disaster of casual friendliness.

I do believe that MoP is a very solid expansion.

• FoxieVoxFoxieVox Member Posts: 4
    Been there done that. Have the t-shirt. Time to move on. I suggest you do the same.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    Love the game and probably always will, but as has been said, if you need to be convinced to come back then that means you also have some doubts about it. I think unless you feel completely compelled to log back in and take up the reins then it is probably best left alone until you get that urge. 

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.