Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter Community: What the hell is going on?...

UkihaUkiha Member Posts: 58

Hey guys/gals,i'll get to the point,since it's late night.

Ok, so here's my story:i'm having a BLAST playing Neverwinter with a friend of mine,beautiful atmosphere,nice graphics for an old engine,good action combat....disgusting....community?

Why disgusting? you may ask?,well here's what happened.I'm level 55 Trickster Rogue,my friend is the same level,Guardian Fighter class(yes, he does not have any problem tanking,actually he can tank perfectly in dungeons).We wanted to join a level 55 dungeon,which is the one from Underdark.

We entered,we said "Hi/Hello".Nobody said a single WORD(not the first time that happened in the game).Ok....We began working our way into the depths of Underdark,until the Control Wizard from the party charges alone to a cluster of mobs without letting the tank go first(EVERY CW with i've been with has done that),then,OBVIOUSLY he dies in a matter of seconds.Thanks to him we almost wipe.

Words of the CW:fucking idiots attack

Me:finally someone decided to talk

CW: shut the fuck up kid

Ok....i know where this is going...we continued like nothing happened there(of course no one said a word after that).We arrived at 1 of the bosses,killed him,a rare dagger (blue)level 56 dropped,but the Cleric of the group decided to press the need button.

I asked him/her why did he/she need it,the answer was: "mine lol".After that i told him/her need it more than him/her,since i have a level 46 green dagger and obviously,i'm the only rogue on the party.And yeah that's called a ninja...

The next answer was: oh the drama right? lol

Friend of mine: What the fuck are you doing? give the dagger to my friend,he needs it more than you do

Me: it's ok, this is like playing with bots lol

No response after that.Ok,i understand that he/she may be want the dagger for selling it at the AH,but where's the "kindness" in this party? i mean,i would let the rogue have the dagger if i were the Cleric.

After all that, we finally get to the last boss, we kill him,i leave the party without saying anything.Of course, they don't deserve any "goodbye" or anything like that.

I log off the game after that(2:35 a.m),when my friend tells me via Steam,that this guys started telling him this:

Player:does your gay friend wants the dagger? i can give it to him.NOT

Friend (he was still in the party): "so you got a blue dagger. please type it in your curriculum, and  tell it to your mom, so you can get a cookie"

He got insta-kicked.

So what i'm saying is this: WHAT THE F00K?. I've never seen a behavior like that...not even in GW2(and no, i don't play WoW since 2008). Is this is what i "missed"?....holy shit...

If this is what the furure holds in Neverwinter..well...time to say goodbye,if i want to play with bots, i'll play Dragon's Dogma..thank you very much.

PD:It seems i did a wall of text... oh well.. i hope you guys enjoyed.

Comments

• averice666averice666 Member Posts: 9
    I know ive been in a ton of dungeons where idiots either need everything or take things that other classes need. Last time the Great Fighter took our clerics blue drop b/c supposedly his friend was a cleric. Anyhow some teams stink but others are good just the luck of the draw. Also I am a CW and i wait til the tank initiates why would i want to die lol
  • ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Lesson? Never PUG.

Find you a group of friends who play when you do and roll with them. From your guild or something.

Dont play with jackasses. leave group, it isnt worth your time.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

1. PUG = pain in any game.

2. A CW died in seconds? He more than likely was using a high burst DPS PvP build then because no CW should die from anything in a few seconds due to massive control/slowing and pushing abilities.

Anyway, I haven't seen a decent community in an MMO since SWG and AC1...outside of my guild of course.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• DuffMcDDuffMcD Member UncommonPosts: 14

Well it can't be all sunshine and roses everywhere all the time. Looks like you got to level 55 until something like this happened? "Everyone" is playing this game, and so that means you have the chance to encounter "everyone". 

Maybe you just found a bad apple, don't let it spoil the whole barrel. 

• ego13ego13 Member Posts: 267
    Originally posted by Toxia

Lesson? Never PUG.

Find you a group of friends who play when you do and roll with them. From your guild or something.

THIS

Or, when you play with PUGs expect what you got, sometimes (just sometimes), you'll get something more and be surprised but don't let that fool you.

Just because every car has similar features doesn't mean that Ferraris are copies of Model Ts. Progress requires failure and refining.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Lesson? Never PUG.

Pretty much this.

I gave up on PUGs long ago. Also you will find the Neverwinter dungeon finder to be massively inadequate for epic dungeons. It wont even guarantee a healer or tank, which you actually do need. Although youll find in this game that GFs tank the adds, and rogues just stay on the names.

Solution? Find a good guild. As per most games.  

• UkihaUkiha Member Posts: 58

Lesson? Never PUG.

Yeah, i must agree, i think we will need to find a mature gaming Guild,pretty sad to be honest,mostly because this game has a great community potential,but "people" like this are ruining it.

• DrakephireDrakephire Member UncommonPosts: 451

Lesson? Never PUG.

Yep.  The only way to combat it is for the good players to leave the bad group. Continuing with a bad bunch of players only enables their bad behaviour because they think they can do what ever they want and you'll continue to take it (which is exactly what you did).

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    You're shocked that people are douches in online games; especially in a F2P game? Come now, surely you are not this naive.  
  • UkihaUkiha Member Posts: 58
    Originally posted by simsalabim77
    You're shocked that people are douches in online games; especially in a F2P game? Come now, surely you are not this naive.  

I'm not actually shocked to see douches in online games,no,i'm shocked to see this type of behavior,it didn't happened to me in the old times(WoW in 2008), and in GW2(recently).I guess this is the price for not doing dungeons & raids casually.

• DkompozeDkompoze Member UncommonPosts: 245
    They need to make it so that only a class that can use the item can roll need - problem solved
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Welcome to every mmo out there. Morons who do stupid stuff and then blame others as a type of self defense for their failing.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Guilds are the real estate of community.  PUGGing has it usses but sadly building community isnt one of them.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• SirmakiSirmaki Member UncommonPosts: 118

In cases like that I just announce that I am /ignoring them and move on. 

Yes I know they will call me gay if they are kids, or call me a kid if they are older, but if all of us who don't act that way start ignoring them, then some of them will get the point. The rest will slowly lose their audience. They don't want to talk **** to each other, they want us to get offended, etc.

Last week or so I have only logged in to invoke and  tinker with inventory a bit. Yet I find myself /ignoring people when I see completely stupid names or comments in GC roll by. Character named "wetpanties"? /ignore. Same something about "no women or niggaz on the internet"? /reported.

I am playing my way, if I don't like your way, then I simple see to it that I don't see you again. Now as long as they don't toss me in a party with /ignored people, I am a happy camper :)

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    This is one of the things I like about GW2, that they've taken away most of the ways that people can act like jerks.  Unfortunately, it also takes away the opportunity for people  to act mature at the same time.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

I've done quite a few runs and never had any problems.

1 example doesn't mean " the community " sucks. It means the people you happened to run into did. They're in every game it's just the luck of the draw. Just like any time you have to interact with random people.

• DarkagesDarkages Member UncommonPosts: 96

I had this same thing happen a few times, very annoying.

I decided to start a guild, now i only run with guild members. If you play on the Mindflayer server you and your friend are more then welcome to join us.

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by DamonVile

I've done quite a few runs and never had any problems.

1 example doesn't mean " the community " sucks. It means the people you happened to run into did. They're in every game it's just the luck of the draw. Just like any time you have to interact with random people.

It ain't just one example man.  About 80% or so of the dungeons I've run have been exactly like the OP has described.  A lot of people are needing on every single drop, people running ahead and pulling mobs causing wipes, and my god don't dare say a word or you must be an alien or something.

I like the game, but the community sucks big time at the moment.  This is what we get for supporting F2P games though.   

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416

Lesson? Never PUG.

This is exactly what I do and have done for years in MMO's. I learnt my lesson and have stuck rigidly to the NO PUGS rule, it's the only way to cut out all the drama.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    You and your friend should have ditched that group before finishing. The two of you are obviously doing the most work, if all of the other players are non-friends. I try to get 1 or 2 friends/guild members for every dungeon, so anti-social idiots don't have a say in how it goes.
  • MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    The first couple of months of any mmorpg seems to draw in the worst rift-raft, in time they will go to the next title released.  I have determined that in all the betas and games I have played that there is always a 2-3 month wave of undesirable people that flood the game and then move on like zombies seeking the next mmo launch.  I hope those people find happiness somewhere eventually and I think they need mmorpg therapy, just my two-cents.
  • nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
    In the 11 years Ive played mmorpgs, I've very rarely gotten a bad PUG. In fact, leveling was done mainly in PUG in DAOC. I also level a lot through grouped dungeons and still rarely get a bad one. Most people I've been grouped with has been nice and reasonable. However, in Neverwinter, most groups have some selfish members who need on items they can't use. CW's also get on my nerves in groups, because they knock the mobs around, so myself (GWF) and the other melees have to Chase everything down.
  • giggalgiggal Member UncommonPosts: 120

you will find that in the cryptic games everyone will need in pugs it wont matter what the item is, the disposability of grouping in the games means that if I was to join your team and need on everything It matter because chances are I will never group with you again.

ok I don't do that but its how it works in star trek online because the chances of meeting up with the same people its assumed automatically that everyone will just need on the drops so they can sell / salvage on the auction house for the in game currency.

The only thing that can be advised is find a group of like minded people I am going to play never winter as I enjoy cryptics game style over the turbine one. Also you got to realise that the game is still Open Beta so people are not really concerned about the people they meet because its all going to get wiped.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    They have already said there are no more wipes.
  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    You get "those" groups once in a while. Unless you bump into them constantly, it's not a big deal.