Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mmorpg.com 100k hit: Obviously fake. DF UW: Trammel version of DFO.

RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Like the title says

It's almost a full month, my sub is running out pretty soon and this game had potential, but it was never good enough to pay monthly and since the game launched, we have 0 new feature since they are working on the stability of the game only. That 100k hit is obviously fake. At this time, it shouldnt even be number one on mmorpg.com

Hey, i'm probably the biggest fanboy of darkfall, but not anymore. The old darkfall is still the best mmorpg game ever. DF UW is the irony of that statement; worst mmorpg. There's nothing to do in that game once you have reached a point. There's no politic like i expected since it's useless to own a city and there's no lawless system.

All i can say for now is that DF online is not the father and any vet will tell you that. DF UW is now a total carebear mmorpg with full loot. Even the GM will kick you out or ban you for 48 hours because you want to protect your spawn or your chaos bank from the players you don't trust. 

In other words, DF UW is the trammel version of DF online with white knight GMs who don't know jack about politic. 

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

Comments

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Not gonna quote some fanboys who think DFO is better than DF UW when the whole DF community knows which one is better. We can't prove it cuz one of them doesnt exist anymore. You can't even siege in UW cuz you crash more than twice and it's laggy as hell.

I'm not gonna lie, only thing DF UW did better is the prowess system to prevent anyone from macroing. 

And lol, if you think most will stay after may 16... Tell me one new feature added since April 16 to this day.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

I haven't heard much positive about this game at all.

Was it worth years of waiting, losing characters and everything else, and numerous delays / unexpected betas for the difference from original Darkfall to this NGE version?

I still remember how Darkfall 1 had a trial.  A trial that required payment.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by Cecropia
    Originally posted by DavisFlight
    [mod edit]

[mod edit]

He is correct, however, about the trumped up number of bogus hits DFUW has gotten on this site today.  It's not the first time the DF community has manipulated the hit counter here.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Why did two people mention NEW FEATURE after only one month?IMO as others have mentioned in the past,you need to make sure the current game is running as intended before moving on.Developers that do it the opposite way are doing it wrong.

Yes you should expect some new features and content but give them more than a month after launch ,c'mon now be serious.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
    Apparently OP you have a bad reputation because 111k unique hits in one day versus 14k as the closest competitor is most likely fraudulent but we will never know, it's just assumptions and one thing you hear about assumptions are they make an ass out of you and me. I do recall Darkfall using cheesy tactics to up their ratings in the old game and MMORPG had to have a word with them and lower their rating. They may need to again.
  • SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Why did two people mention NEW FEATURE after only one month?IMO as others have mentioned in the past,you need to make sure the current game is running as intended before moving on.Developers that do it the opposite way are doing it wrong.

Yes you should expect some new features and content but give them more than a month after launch ,c'mon now be serious.

I'll answer this; because the game wasn't near ready for release so by "New" feature they mean promised features that were suppose to make "launch". Such terms can only be used very vaguely with Aventurine

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

Was it worth years of waiting, losing characters and everything else, and numerous delays / unexpected betas for the difference from original Darkfall to this NGE version?

Yes it was worth waiting. And this is nothing like NGE. DFUW is a much improved version of DF1. NGE was a complete screw up of SWG.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    i only very briefly played the original but i am enjoying uw.  though, ya, it needs depth, bugsquashes and an alignment solution.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    My trial's ending soon.  Don't get me wrong, fun game, but not worth a sub right now.  Tons of potential, I'll see if they actually use it properly.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• UzikUzik Member UncommonPosts: 281

DFUW is much better than the original.  The only legitimate problem the game has at this point is the performance.  You REALLY need to tweak it around to find settings that work for your PC.

The only other people who are upset are those who were angry that they couldn't macro to max and use ray and bhop scripts to get an advantage.

(Uzik ibnYaraq in game. Always willing to help.)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin

• therealeasytherealeasy Member Posts: 36
    I remember realbigdeal from df yes it's unfortunate if you thought df was gonna be good they needed subs and it got bought up but the game has somehow gotten worse instead of improving in any way except catering to bads and whiners
  • VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

I'm just curious how the game got 100k hits in a day. I didn't see anything that would make today particularly interesting for DFUW.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

Originally posted by Uzik

DFUW is much better than the original.  The only legitimate problem the game has at this point is the performance.  You REALLY need to tweak it around to find settings that work for your PC.

The only other people who are upset are those who were angry that they couldn't macro to max and use ray and bhop scripts to get an advantage.

Performance isn't even a legitimate problem in my opinion, gameplay mechanics are.  The game is claimed to be a sandbox, but plays out like a FPS team deathmatch with castle building and really dull pve feats.  The PvP, and large scale engagements and small clan roams are extremely extremely fun, but without meaning. The round robin pve change is really nice, but It's what they do after that, that would make me contemplate starting a multi month subscription for this game.    

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

Originally posted by Chrisbox

Performance isn't even a legitimate problem in my opinion, gameplay mechanics are.  The game is claimed to be a sandbox, but plays out like a FPS team deathmatch with castle building and really dull pve feats.  The PvP, and large scale engagements and small clan roams are extremely extremely fun, but without meaning. The round robin pve change is really nice, but It's what they do after that, that would make me contemplate starting a multi month subscription for this game.    

It is a sandbox...the issue is that everyone can kick over each other's sand castles :)

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

Originally posted by Vorch

It is a sandbox...the issue is that everyone can kick over each other's sand castles :)

Kicking sandcastles is quite fun, but thats not a sandbox, thats like DayZ with base construction.  There's no real player driven reason to do it, thats just the game.  

If I had to relate it to EVE, everything is null sec just much much worse in execution.  There's nothing above under or in between.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• therealeasytherealeasy Member Posts: 36
    It's just not a good game plain and simple but most mmo players are plain, simple and crazy
  • MegaD61MegaD61 Member Posts: 59
    I played both. I like DFUW more.  Some of actually like picking a role instead of just being a jack of all trades.
  • StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

Playing MMOs since UO days, DFUW first month scores top in my book and I can only /pat all the true gamers that are/will be missing this experience.

To each hsi own tho. /wave

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    Even with it's current issues (some of which are serious) DFUW is keeping me well entertained.
  • KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    I never played df1. I usualy play theampark mmos (mainly because there are no good sandbox's apart from Eve)

I played dfuw in beta and thought it was crap. I couldnt get my money back so thourght i would just try it at launch. I am adicted right now, not wanted to jump in a game so much since vanilla warcraft.

People need to remember av are a small company and have made an amazing game, yes there are still bugs but they are trying to fix these issues. The server pings are now all good and im sure they will start to add more content over the coming months.

One thing i will say, if you are thinking about trying this game dont listen to what you read on forums, just try it. The world its self is beautiful and vast and the thrill of the chase is amazing.
  • Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by Wizardry

There were a few BIG things like dungeons and market AV said would be in "immediately" after launch and they were not even close.  The only content they have put out in 6 months is Primalist and their 2 schools.

And yeah something is way fishy to get the hits up to that much over the next closest, lol

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

What is this 100k hit?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• UzikUzik Member UncommonPosts: 281

Kicking sandcastles is quite fun, but thats not a sandbox, thats like DayZ with base construction.  There's no real player driven reason to do it, thats just the game.  

If I had to relate it to EVE, everything is null sec just much much worse in execution.  There's nothing above under or in between.  

It would take very little from AV to make cities more meaningful, and add more reasons to PvP.  Of course who knows if AV will actually do anything.

Ultimately I would say that as of now the core progression system, classes, abilities, PvE and crafting are much superior to DF1.  The only thing we are lacking is the siege/political meta-game, and the small scale village/sea tower PvP.

(Uzik ibnYaraq in game. Always willing to help.)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin

Originally posted by lizardbones

What is this 100k hit?

Yesterday, it said that 111k people had looked at information related to darkfall...it was most likely a glitch or something since nothing really intense happened yesterday.

OP is using it as an excuse to beat up a game he can't stand people are enjoying.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by lizardbones What is this 100k hit?
    Yesterday, it said that 111k people had looked at information related to darkfall...it was most likely a glitch or something since nothing really intense happened yesterday.

OP is using it as an excuse to beat up a game he can't stand people are enjoying.

Gotcher. It could also have been a misfired botnet or a new search engine, that sort of thing. I think most people would be a little suspicious of such a large jump in such a short period of time and not take it at face value.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.