Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

level 1-10...zzzzzzzzzzzz

allegriaallegria Member CommonPosts: 682

level 1-10 as trickster rogue... its flashy and looks good.

But I have used 1 ability the whole time and my left mouse finger is now tired...

Seriously ?

Comments

• anthony21690anthony21690 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    If you've only used left mouse from 1-10 you're not playing right, by the time you're 8 I believe you already have your R which is your last encounter, your dailies and all, you're just complaining for the sake of complaining, when I was 8 I was using every key the game gives you, if you're spamming mouse that's your own fault.
    Originally posted by DMKano

The first 10 levels are pretty mindless for any class - IMO, it would be awesome to have an option to skip the first 15 levels once you've done it with a single character.

The first 20 levels are pretty much a tutorial it seems.

Actually apparently there's some sort of minion program that allows you to skip the first 15 levels.  I heard about it from someone in my guild I wat'd all over myself.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454

I'm a level 38 cleric and find myself using all my abilities and always trying to figure out the best way to fight with them.  Maybe a trickster rouge is a bit different.

Originally posted by flizzer

I'm a level 38 cleric and find myself using all my abilities and always trying to figure out the best way to fight with them.  Maybe a trickster rouge is a bit different.

Honestly Trickster Rogue is so hard to decide what you want to do with your abilities in my opinion, I'm always deciding which one I like more and I can never come to a straight decision.

• allegriaallegria Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by anthony21690
    If you've only used left mouse from 1-10 you're not playing right, by the time you're 8 I believe you already have your R which is your last encounter, your dailies and all, you're just complaining for the sake of complaining, when I was 8 I was using every key the game gives you, if you're spamming mouse that's your own fault.

completely missed the point of the post. The fact that all i have to do is hold down one button to win, is not gaming in my book.

Originally posted by allegria

completely missed the point of the post. The fact that all i have to do is hold down one button to win, is not gaming in my book.

You don't just hold down a singular button to win.  You haven't even touched a dungeon yet to be able to say that. That's like saying I was able to play through levels 1-14 of WoW with just sinister strike and my combo user, anyone can do it.

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607

So, you're expecting some challenge in an MMO within the first hour? Doesn't exist anywhere. 

Originally posted by simsalabim77

So, you're expecting some challenge in an MMO within the first hour? Doesn't exist anywhere. 

Seriously >.< I think he's complaining at the fact that they don't just throw him in at a whim without a clue of what to do SO LONG as he gets more than 3 skills at the start.

SWTOR is complex compared to this game... just amazing how times have changed. I guess thats what we get these days, one button and watch !

Pretty soon we will all just be back watching TV again.. what ?  *boggle*

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by flizzer

No, hes level 10. You can kill things in 3 seconds with autoattack at that level as a rogue. Not sure why he decided to post after 15 minutes of playtime though.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

SWTOR is complex compared to this game... just amazing how times have changed. I guess thats what we get these days, one button and watch !

SWTOR is supermacro junk compared to this game.

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607

100% positive you're trolling now. 

Originally posted by simsalabim77

100% positive you're trolling now. 

I'd just like to know why he felt the need to reply to himself to state this.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

But I have used 1 ability the whole time and my left mouse finger is now tired...

Seriously ?

I don't know why people are glossing over this as a troll post.

You can essentially spam the left mouse button at this level to achieve a kill.
    You can essentially spam the right mouse button to achieve a kill at this level.(limited resource tho)

There is Group content at this level via the que tool, Maybe not a 'legit' dungeon but a good indicator of how your class works in a group.

The question is: How much will the complexity change as you level?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Originally posted by Nitth

Seriously ?

You can essentially spam the right mouse button to achieve a kill at this level.(limited resource tho)

There is Group content at this level via the que tool, Maybe not a 'legit' dungeon but a good indicator of how your class works in a group.

I am 16 now and its a bit more interesting but still not enough skills... I mean its completely mindless but fun at the same time hard to explain.

I find the powers trees to be a bit silly.  There appears to be very little choice as you need to nearly fill up everything to unlock the next "set" or level of powers... perhaps later on there is some choice ?

Originally posted by Nitth

Seriously ?

You know its not only that you can spam one attack... u don't even have to move as the attacks auto face and auto move u to nearest target... i just mostly hold down the LMB.  I mean its fun to watch, looks cool etc but just very mindless.

• Kingmob23Kingmob23 Member UncommonPosts: 78
    You got to get to the level 30s+ dungeons, than the difficulty spikes to a much greater degree. To get from 10 to 30 in this game only takes a couple of hours, so just stick it out a little bit longer and you'll be tossing around all your abilities and starting to become really familiar with dodge. To get from 1-10 only takes 5 minutes so congratulations for going the first 5 minutes with one button. You would have probably enjoyed the tutorial more if you tried out your other abilities.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

You don't just hold down a singular button to win.  You haven't even touched a dungeon yet to be able to say that. That's like saying I was able to play through levels 1-14 of WoW with just sinister strike and my combo user, anyone can do it.

Agreed. Also, Level 1-10 takes no time at all to go through. Are there many MMOs that are challenging during the first hour of play?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• nicariftnicarift Member UncommonPosts: 70

This game provides a true opportunity for strategical application. Especially as  a rogue. Ive accidently pulled an overwhelming amount of mobs and just because of correctly placed actions survived without much trouble.

• Spaceweed10Spaceweed10 Member Posts: 625

Seriously ?

The game is a yawn-fest.

My bathtub has more depth..

• nicariftnicarift Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Then your ideas of mmos are stuck in the wow theory....
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    The actual combat is good

But. The game is too easy, the op is right in that regard.

Wish more mmos would have the balls to drop you in the deep end rather than have tutorials that take like a day of game time to play through.