Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avid - Hardcore Raiding - Aiming for #1 [NA]

TeamAvidTeamAvid Member Posts: 13

Who is Avid?

We are a tightly knit group of gamers stemming from various raid oriented MMOs. Our core members partook in high-end raiding progression in EQ, EQ2, Vanguard, WoW, and Rift. You can find ex-members of guilds such as DivinusMaliceBlood LegionTeam IceNightmare's AsylumCurse, and Maximation within our ranks. Raiding is the catalyst that brought us together, but we also take pride in the community that we've formed over the last 6 years.

What do we want to do?

Compete for the #1 position. We are looking to world first content. We will raid appropriately to achieve that goal. There hasn't been a game in a while that got us this excited, a game that warranted this type of an approach. We believe that WildStar and the return of 40 man raids will bring back a bit of competitive raiding that has been missing in newer games.

What are we looking for?

Experience, attitude, and dedication. Hardcore high-end raiding experience in other MMOs is an absolute necessity if you are looking to raid with us. We need to share the same goals. You need that desire to be #1.

Raid Schedule

• Sunday: 8pm - 12am EST
  • Monday: 8pm - 12am EST
  • Tuesday: 8pm - 12am EST
  • Wednesday: 8pm - 12am EST
  • Thursday: 8pm - 12am EST
  • Friday: off during farm
  • Saturday: off during farm

During the initial progression content of a new tier of raids, expect to start earlier and end later then the listed times.

Loot: DKP / Merit Hybrid

We have an appreciation for both DKP and Loot Council. Both have benefits and shortcomings. However, given the 40 man nature of Wildstar, we feel as though DKP is the fairest approach. Certain exceptions will be made to merit gear depending on guild needs for progression.

Attendance

We are going to require a minimum of 75% attendance. Most of our members have maintained 95%+ attendance across their past games. You should too!

If you think you have what it takes, visit http://www.teamavid.com and fill out an application! Be thorough!

Comments

• TheMakaioTheMakaio Member Posts: 2
    Come on D, center the video you n00b!
  • AuedarAuedar Member Posts: 38
    Yeah....he was sadly...you know.....trying to beat an amazingly hard fight before they nerfed the shit out of it:P
  • TeamAvidTeamAvid Member Posts: 13
    It wouldn't let me!
  • TheMakaioTheMakaio Member Posts: 2
    Lame, can't wait to raid...
  • Vashin33Vashin33 Member Posts: 7
    40 man raids!
    Hopefully more beta invites going out soon!
  • ipekaipeka Member Posts: 222
    i wonder , if we join a huge guild would it increase the probability of getting into a beta?
    Don't need huge - just 40 =)
  • Napp.SleeppNapp.Sleepp Member Posts: 1
    excited for stress testing this weekend!
    I wonder how many invites will get sent out
  • Defiant-MystDefiant-Myst Member Posts: 32
    2013 or 2014 launch date...? That is the question.

• deveilbladdeveilblad Member UncommonPosts: 193
    I'd go for 2014. Hell, there are still 2 classes that aren't even revealed lol. They are far from release haha !
    Late 2013. 6 - 9 weeks after FF14.
  • mspitzermspitzer Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Cant Wait to raid with these guys kick ass people bunch of fun to hang out with them... and hell as long as wild star comes out im happy
    Should be a fun game. Did they say if GvG PvP was player capped?
  • stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    This is the first game I have been hyped for in a long time. I am cautiously hyped... but hyped all the same. 

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

Originally posted by Auedar
    Should be a fun game. Did they say if GvG PvP was player capped?

Yeah - their version of GvG will be 40v40 warplots.

Originally posted by stevebombsquad
    This is the first game I have been hyped for in a long time. I am cautiously hyped... but hyped all the same. 

Same here!

Still looking for solid people that can also demolish pixels!

Ohh snap I don't want to wait.....

I feel like I'll have to take more dog pictures to pass the time.

Spare us.
  • DuguallDuguall Member Posts: 1

5 days and still no dog pictures, hopefully we can make it two months to Wildstar without them...

New logo looks spiffy!
    Originally posted by Duguall

5 days and still no dog pictures, hopefully we can make it two months to Wildstar without them...

Have a test tomorrow. After that it's dog picture time.

• Defiant-MystDefiant-Myst Member Posts: 32
    Hoping for a 2013 launch!