Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF an MMORPG compatible with controller

Trickshot17Trickshot17 Member Posts: 12

Hello i recently bought an xbox 360 controller and id like to know if there are any mmos/mmorpgs that support controller

i want an mmo/mmorpg that has a relatively high playerbase, i hate dead mmos, lol

id be happy to hear anyones opinion

Comments

• xKatherinexKatherine Member Posts: 7

This kind will be quite tricky to find as most mmo's are point-and-click type.

Maybe RaiderZ? I have no idea if it'll work with a controller and how the population now is, as I haven't played it for months now, but it is a fun game even without controller. You actually need skill to attack and dodge while fighting. Could be an alternative to  what you're looking for :)

• C.L.O.U.DC.L.O.U.D Member UncommonPosts: 365
    the new final fantasy: a realm reborn. If you have a ps3 it will be launching on that.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

Using a gamepad is actually a considerable advantage over keyboard+mouse in Spiral Knights.  Champions Online works pretty well with a gamepad, too.  I've been playing Guild Wars 2 with a gamepad lately, and it works, though targeted skills where you attack an area rather than tab-targeting a mob are awkward.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
  • DranthosDranthos Member UncommonPosts: 15
    TERA has controller compatibility also, though it was awful the last time I checked it.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Mmos that i know have official controller support: Tera, Defiance, Champions Online, Star Trek Online, upcoming Final Fantasy 14 a realm reborn, DC Universe Online. Maybe im missing a couple here....

Mmos that dont have controller support but i play with controller using Xpadder software: The Secret World,  RaiderZ, Neverwinter, the beta of Dragons Prophet, and pretty much every mmo with action combat. Xpadder work very well with action combat mmos that dont have controller support.

Originally posted by Dranthos
    TERA has controller compatibility also, though it was awful the last time I checked it.

the best official controller support in an mmo so far. I do not touch Tera without my controller. It is annoying with ranged classes thats for sure, but melee classes are pure awesomeness with gamepad.

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

Most half decent MMO's are really not going to work well with a controller, not having a mouse for targeting and such just kills it, not to mention a lot of MMO's having too many abilities for a controller to handle.

Only ones i can think of would be Spiral knights, and maybe Maplestory with a 3rd party program like joy2key.

Originally posted by Agoden

Most half decent MMO's are really not going to work well with a controller, not having a mouse for targeting and such just kills it, not to mention a lot of MMO's having too many abilities for a controller to handle.

Only ones i can think of would be Spiral knights, and maybe Maplestory with a 3rd party program like joy2key.

i have 26 buttons i can use in TERA with my xbox 360 controller thanks to the three modifiers mapped to the left and right bumpers.

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072

Vendetta Online:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FAHf9C8YGk

Goes very nicely with a controller.  Deep game, too.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• Trickshot17Trickshot17 Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    Originally posted by Dranthos

the best official controller support in an mmo so far. I do not touch Tera without my controller. It is annoying with ranged classes thats for sure, but melee classes are pure awesomeness with gamepad.

TERA? LOOOOL u mean that emulated mouse and keyboard? tera controller support freaking sucks dude...

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

haha i cant never understand why someone would want to use a control pad instead of keyboard and moue in games like these, but each to their own..

Anyway i think people have mentioned the ones that would work with a gamepad.