Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MASSIVELY.com -Black Gold Online features 300 square kilometers to explore, dynamic events, and more

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

"Snail Games may be best known for Age of Wushu, but that may change later this year as the company'sBlack Gold Online makes it way west. The steampunk fantasy title recently received a website update and a feature listing in its native China, and MMO Culture has translated the details.

Those details include 300 square kilometers of explorable landmass, two factions, six races, and 18 classes. The game will also feature dynamic events of some sort, as well as faction wars and cross-server PvP."

6 minute Trailer

GW2, Wildstar, WoW, Tera, plus Vampires? I don't get the steam punk thing, but this looks like a game a lot of you would go crazy over.

Full article here.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074
    Interesting game. The art style and concept are neat.
  • YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Two factions killing the game for me right away. I simply cannot stand the lack of players-made factions, writing their own stories.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Yeah, I'm the same way now. It looks just as good if not better than Wildstar, GW2. It's funny though how those people rave over something when told to rave.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984

You got me all excited thinking I was going to actually see steampunk.  I would define that as fantasy only.  It looked okay but nothing pulled me in and screamed in my soul - OMG this is the one!!!  I can keep an eye on it tho.  First impressions aren't always dependable.  Maybe I'm just gutter minded right now looking at this forum's adds.  Wish they'd make a Scarlet Blade with all male chars; skinny with long hair no bald bulk.  AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    I'm actually pretty excited for that game.
  • SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    I hope its less of a piece of shit than age of wushu was, but I doubt it will be, AoW is horribly boring, and there is not much to do really for fun, killing npcs gets you no exp, and the game overall has soem fairly clunky combat as well.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

The biggest determent right now from caring about this game is Snail USA's current workings with AoW. If they plan on providing the same type of support for this game then it's going to be hell do deal with..

The name "Black Gold" alone is kind of ironic in the whole alter meaning of the phrase, but w/e.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• tats27tats27 Member UncommonPosts: 95

Is there group based content? That is really the only thing I care about when it comes to MMOs anymore.

Solo content in an MMO is about the dumbest idea to date.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Seems interesting. Wonder if its hardcore cash shop driven like AoW. That's the biggest annoyance for me as with Neverwinter. I feel like someone is shouting "BUY MY SHIT!!!" at me constantly. 
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • WW4BWWW4BW Member UncommonPosts: 501
    Originally posted by achesoma
    Seems interesting. Wonder if its hardcore cash shop driven like AoW. That's the biggest annoyance for me as with Neverwinter. I feel like someone is shouting "BUY MY SHIT!!!" at me constantly. 

This is what soured my AoW experience too.. And the constant quest running. Though I probably could have learned to lived with the latter.

• MMORPGRIPMMORPGRIP Member Posts: 90
    *yawn*