Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

City of Steam: Beta Begins Tonight

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Mechanist Games has announced that the City of Steam beta will kick off tonight at 10:00 pm EDT / 7:00 pm PDT. The team is reporting that an aggressive development schedule took place over the past five months, allowing for new features to be added to the beta and a new zone later this month.

More information on what content and features will be included in the May 10th Beta release can be found in this post that went up earlier today on City of Steam’s official website.  Mechanist Games has made several changes and additions to the game over the 5 months since Closed Beta, and because of this they are anxious for player feedback on the site's forum and feedback system, both accessible from the info-bar under the game window.                         

Find out more at the links above. The team further reminds players to log in at the appointed times.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• obocoboc Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Dam ! I really wish it was this morning. I have the day off and ready to game all day . Still looking forward to playing this one.
  • EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Hopefully i get too this out tonight.
  • AxewielderxAxewielderx Member Posts: 96
    I tried it this morning. It was not bad, however a half hour into playing it crashed due to a fatal error. Just glad a huge download was not required to play.

If we fail to change the things of today, they will become the lucid nighmares of tommorrow.

• mysticmousemysticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 146
    I played a bit this morning, found it to remind me of playing dungeon siege somewhat .  I think it might be one of those games I play when I want to mess around for 30 or 40 minutes . Fun so far!
  • meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344

I have to admit I was only interested because it is using the Unity engine and I'm a huge supporter. I was expecting the game to be awful.

Not bad, not bad at all. Now, port it to iOS and Android please.

• MeriikMeriik Member UncommonPosts: 60
    I truly don't understand this whole energy phenomenon, why would you force your players to stop playing, i mean, wtf?  I was having a great time with this game today, now i cant play it? It's absurd to say the least.
  • redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722

Revisited the game for a little while after briefly trying it out in the closed beta.  I didn't get very far, not even sure I'm out of the starter area.  But, I don't really get the hype.  I guess it is pretty damn decent for a browser game.  But, well, that says it all.  It's good for a browser game.  If your choices are limited due to your PC, then this game might be worth looking into.  If you have a capable gaming PC then I don't see the point.

Edit to add:  Yeah, the energy system threw me off, too.  The cash shop doesn't seem too bad, but the addition of energy is a very poor choice imo.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    tried a couple hours ago and theres still only human race. Ill check it back when i can make a Draugr and a Goblin. I kind of like it but playing a race that i dont want to play makes the entire game boring to me. Ill wait for my Goblin and Draug gals to come.