Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Huge Dissapointment

Comments

• mari3kmari3k Member Posts: 135

SWTOR was a big success. Sandbox elements are not needed in mmos anymore, couse casual players dont want them.

Step in the arena and break the wall down

• mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Originally posted by asrlohz
    Originally posted by urbanaudio
    Nah, made it for acouple of beta keys like a day ago. Haha, know I'm just tad late, It's just something that I've been thinking about lately. Figured it'd still be a little bit relavant if the mmo is still around.

That's how it all starts. One beta key here, another there. And suddenly you are stuck like the rest of us, wandering this page like soulless husks of rage, burnt by countless of MMO's and slowly regressing back to singleplayer games.

Poetic, in a blade runner kind of way.  Thats grade a for excellent ;)

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Based on SWTOR Spy (http://www.swtor-spy.com/quests/) there are 3,471 missions in SWTOR. I am not sure if the site includes Makeb and if it includes all quests. It's quite a number I think for a bit over 1 year old MMO.

Leveling alts I alternate bonus series as it is too easy to outlevel planets.  So if you plan it right, the game does not have to be repetitive, especially that planet stories are lot of fun and play a bit different depending on class.

But this game is not only about alts. If you are in good guild, the group content is so extensive you do not have to do alts to have fun. There are so many incentives to group - weekly missions for flashpoints, operations, world bosses, etc... numerous way to make you want to group all the time.

No matter what your preference is, you can find it in this game IF YOU ARE WILLING TOO.

It's easy to bash the game while not even playing it, as there is so many wrong presumption about this game that half of the readers will believe all this BS about game without even checking it out.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by simmihi
    Originally posted by superniceguy

SWTOR is a great game and I like it, but only has enough staying power for a few months, but it is not a MMO that you can spend playing years on. SWTOR is meant to be MMO, and have enough stuff to keep you hooked, but it does not - this is why I always keep my eye on it, hoping for more worthwhile stuff to come to it, but it does not. more worthwhile stuff comes to LOTRO, STO. EQ2 and other MMOs though. SWTOR is the most expensive MMO on the market to play, and with the least amount of worthwhile updates of content and added features.

No, SWTOR does not have enough stuff to keep You specifically hooked. It does keep me hooked, because it has a lot of group content, and an actual community which enjoys doing group content - again, not only instances, that's the idea. I play it like a MMO, with other people, I'm not just rolling alt after alt. Group quests, group weekly quests and zones etc. Obviously it gets boring if you roll alt after alt. 

SWTOR is not even close to "the most expensive MMO on the market to play", really, you're being overdamatic. What's that new "stuff" which comes in LOTRO? "Expansions" in forms of quest packs which cost 50 bucks a pop? No thank you. Tried to go that way, realized that it'll cost me 80 bucks for expansions to start LOTRO as "free to play". You're bashing SWTOR saying that you have to do the same quests all over again and praise LOTRO saying that it has more content, when actually LOTRO gates the players from quests except the main storyline. If you want to level, grind mobs. And TOR is the most expensive MMO on the market. Just LOL.

Fact is people either leave, or just play it free, even the other person (Simmiha) I was speaking to does not like enough it enough to pay for it. "Best of all, I can play it totally free now..."  I have VIP / constantly subbed accounts in LOTRO, EQ2, Vanguard and STO, and the ones I have LT accounts with I still pay more to, when I want to, as they keep them so much fun, they deserve the money I want to give them.

Meh, I did not say anything like that. Quite the opposite. I've said that i can play totally free, even if i can afford a sub. I won't pay a sub if i don't have to, if you want to pay one, it's your choice. SWTOR's free to play model is awesome for me and many like me, as i can buy (almost) anything cheap from market using ingame currency. Except a minor thing (quick travel being two hours instead of 30 minutes) and a big thing (credit limit), there is absolutely NOTHING that anyone would really Need which is not sold on the GTN.

SWTOR is the most expensive because subbers have to pay  with real money to get ""expansions". LOTRO gets free content updates like it is getting next week for free, and subbers who accrue Turbine Points can us those points to buy the proper expansions. Also they put the anniversary and life day gifts in the Cartel Market, whereas LOTRO and STO give out free gifts and do playable events to get rewards, no real money or Turbine Points / ZEN to get.

Basically SWTORs F2P system is designed to encourage you to sub not play in F2P, and is more a trial.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Based on SWTOR Spy (http://www.swtor-spy.com/quests/) there are 3,471 missions in SWTOR. I am not sure if the site includes Makeb and if it includes all quests. It's quite a number I think for a bit over 1 year old MMO.

Leveling alts I alternate bonus series as it is too easy to outlevel planets.  So if you plan it right, the game does not have to be repetitive, especially that planet stories are lot of fun and play a bit different depending on class.

But this game is not only about alts. If you are in good guild, the group content is so extensive you do not have to do alts to have fun. There are so many incentives to group - weekly missions for flashpoints, operations, world bosses, etc... numerous way to make you want to group all the time.

No matter what your preference is, you can find it in this game IF YOU ARE WILLING TOO.

It's easy to bash the game while not even playing it, as there is so many wrong presumption about this game that half of the readers will believe all this BS about game without even checking it out.

If you are in a guild in any MMO, there is plenty of group content to do in them as well.

Whatever SWTOR has, other major MMOs has it too, and a whole lot more

Does SWTOR have housing and fishing now, and multiplayer open space or player created content?

I am not bashing the game, it is what it is, and I have played it, and know what there is. It is fun for a few months, but is not something to play day in day out for years and years.

Flashpoints, Operationa and warzones get boring too  - you can only do them so many times. They would not add more if they did not go stale, but it would be better adding more features to the game like instanced player housing or tools for player created content - It would attract more people to the game.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

And yet when they check it out and decide it sucks, they are countered by the OCD Theme Park Enthusiasts League. So as a counter warning: when you play the game and see how it blows, just keep it to yourself. You can't convince lemmings not to jump off the cliff.

In real life there are theme parks too, they are called Penitentiaries.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by BreakingBad
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Just because you happen to play a game that is not for you does not mean there is anything wrong with the game itself, issue is on your end.

SWTOR is more than fine for what it was supposed to deliver.

But nobody plays a game that is not for them, that is why they quit thus game:p

So SWTOR started out as a game that was meant to fail? I seen to remember it being hailed as a WoW killer. Did it live up to it's stated intendment?

So did GW2, WAR, and AoC. Did they?

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

Originally posted by Gdemami

Just because you happen to play a game that is not for you does not mean there is anything wrong with the game itself, issue is on your end.

SWTOR is more than fine for what it was supposed to deliver.

Ah nice one, blame the victim and the No Such thing as a Bad Game argument in such a small package.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by ignore_me
    Originally posted by Gdemami Just because you happen to play a game that is not for you does not mean there is anything wrong with the game itself, issue is on your end. SWTOR is more than fine for what it was supposed to deliver.
    Ah nice one, blame the victim and the No Such thing as a Bad Game argument in such a small package.

except it isn't a bad game to many people. you are not a victim LOL!!SWTOR didn't do anything to you, they didn't tell you it would be SWG 2 and trick you into believing it would be, you are victims of your own stupid expectations.

Originally posted by Sevenstar61 Based on SWTOR Spy (http://www.swtor-spy.com/quests/) there are 3,471 missions in SWTOR. I am not sure if the site includes Makeb and if it includes all quests. It's quite a number I think for a bit over 1 year old MMO. Leveling alts I alternate bonus series as it is too easy to outlevel planets.  So if you plan it right, the game does not have to be repetitive, especially that planet stories are lot of fun and play a bit different depending on class. But this game is not only about alts. If you are in good guild, the group content is so extensive you do not have to do alts to have fun. There are so many incentives to group - weekly missions for flashpoints, operations, world bosses, etc... numerous way to make you want to group all the time. No matter what your preference is, you can find it in this game IF YOU ARE WILLING TOO. It's easy to bash the game while not even playing it, as there is so many wrong presumption about this game that half of the readers will believe all this BS about game without even checking it out.    
    And yet when they check it out and decide it sucks, they are countered by the OCD Theme Park Enthusiasts League. So as a counter warning: when you play the game and see how it blows, just keep it to yourself. You can't convince lemmings not to jump off the cliff.

weird because a lot of people are not quitting (or play off and on like me) and don't need to be convinced by someone who doesn't share their opinion.

its funny how some people think they are the be all end all of what is fun or a good game.

whats fun for you isn't necessarily fun for everyone else. its a fun game for what it is in my opinion and i personally prefer it to any themepark out there at the moment.

I am not bashing the game, it is what it is, and I have played it, and know what there is. It is fun for a few months, but is not something to play day in day out for years and years.

housing and fishing is not what keep people playing mmo's every day for years.

that is your problem right there, you still expect mmo's to last you that long and none of them likely will ever again.

the reason they lasted years before was because there was next to no competition and the communities were great and kept you logging in for the friends you made.

those days are over. too much competition out there now and a lot of them are F2P so people bounce from mmo to mmo.

i don't even need to point out how crappy the mmo community is now compared to pre-wow, do i?

the problem i see with a lot of gamers in the mmo community are them and their expectations.

they want and expect an mmo to be as fun as the original games they played and last them years.

not going to happen people.

• redrain84redrain84 Member UncommonPosts: 88

The game is good. Some people just don't like it because they haven't really given it a chance. Until you get one character to 50 your opinion on this game is invalid. So please stop posting your pointless arguments on this game. You can log in right now and see thousands of people playing. Swtor is in the top 5 MMO's currently being played in Amerca.  More people would defend the game but their too busy playing as we speak.  Also, I've played Mass Effect and hated it, but I loved Dragon Age. To be honest I use to think Swtor  really sucked, honestly I did. But when I gave it a another chance and really played it, I loved it to death and still do. I have 5 level 50's and a 55. So I think I have played the game enough to give an opinion. Some people just want to much and will never be pleased no matter what. Developers know this and they do they best they can. I have played  damn near every MMO on the market. There is no MMO that is so awesome it make people loss sleep. But that what everyone wants, huh? Well, I have bad news for you. Those types of games only come once in a blue moon. You wont see a lot of those in your life time, because they are difficult to make.  Bioware did the best they could and I am happy with the product because I look deeper and can really see how hard they worked, some people cant. Also, how many MMO's has Bioware made? The answer is one. If you look at all their game they all are single player games. People expected swtor  to de-throne WoW that has been out a number of years. Wasn't going to happen and if you thought it was your  the idiot. This was Bioware first MMO to my knowledge. For it to be their first MMO, they did a pretty got damn  good job. 

You Swtor haters make me sick, just bitch and complain. Next time you play the game try looking for something good about the game instead  of trying to look for thing to bash it on. And, it not a wow clone they used the same feel of the game as wow so people can jump right in and play without a learning curve, and it was a good idea. The way combat feels in wow, swtor, and rift works. Companies try to reinvent the wheel instead of using what already is working.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    don't be so sure of that, EA owns star wars video games now, so my reasoning is that they'll give bioware a shot.

i think Bioware will be handling the rpg side of the Star Wars franchise so yeah its possible that at some point in the future we might see another SW mmo but i hope EA learned that if you spend such a ridiculous amount of money and all you want is a WoW clone you will suffer.... Horribly.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    don't be so sure of that, EA owns star wars video games now, so my reasoning is that they'll give bioware a shot.

i think Bioware will be handling the rpg side of the Star Wars franchise so yeah its possible that at some point in the future we might see another SW mmo but i hope EA learned that if you spend such a ridiculous amount of money and all you want is a WoW clone you will suffer.... Horribly.

Tell that to the Capcom execs , "don't copy Phantasy Star Online within a fantasy setting , or you will lose money " yeah right.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• MMOPapaMMOPapa Member Posts: 121
    The moment they announced that stupid idea to stagger head-start based on how early you made your purchase was the moment I knew that it was just the first of many stupid ideas to come; contacted support, asked for a refund, and got the hell out of there.

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

actually,,sandbox would be penitentiaries,,the same content , over, and over

themeparks would be the free world,,,take a pick, and pay for it

Originally posted by baphamet

Originally posted by Gdemami Just because you happen to play a game that is not for you does not mean there is anything wrong with the game itself, issue is on your end. SWTOR is more than fine for what it was supposed to deliver.

except it isn't a bad game to many people. you are not a victim LOL!!SWTOR didn't do anything to you, they didn't tell you it would be SWG 2 and trick you into believing it would be, you are victims of your own stupid expectations.

without those expectation, we wouldnt have paid for this game

NO MONEY!!   does that compute?

and where would swtor be now, if they hadnt sold any games?

even if they did refund my money,,that would still leave us without a good star wars mmo

housing and fishing is not what keep people playing mmo's every day for years.

that is your problem right there, you still expect mmo's to last you that long and none of them likely will ever again.

the reason they lasted years before was because there was next to no competition and the communities were great and kept you logging in for the friends you made.

those days are over. too much competition out there now and a lot of them are F2P so people bounce from mmo to mmo.

i don't even need to point out how crappy the mmo community is now compared to pre-wow, do i?

the problem i see with a lot of gamers in the mmo community are them and their expectations.

they want and expect an mmo to be as fun as the original games they played and last them years.

not going to happen people.

housing and fishing wont save a game, but they will expand its lifecycle

wow didnt kill the community,,its success did that

just like the old western towns,,uncontrolled growth is a very bad thing

but i have to agree on your point about expectations

the experienced mmo player is prolly the hardest person to please in the universe

we want our next GF to kiss EXACTLY like our first one

but she has to have her sisters voice,,and her mothers cooking skills

fat chance

Originally posted by simplius
    Originally posted by baphamet   Originally posted by ignore_me Originally posted by Gdemami Just because you happen to play a game that is not for you does not mean there is anything wrong with the game itself, issue is on your end. SWTOR is more than fine for what it was supposed to deliver.
    without those expectation, we wouldnt have paid for this game

NO MONEY!!   does that compute?

and where would swtor be now, if they hadnt sold any games?

even if they did refund my money,,that would still leave us without a good star wars mmo

uhh no you are completely wrong, we all knew far before SWTOR released (well apparently you didn't) that it would not be a sandbox game and it would b a linear themepark, a lot like wow.

you people that wanted it to be a sandbox and somehow thought it would be were not even a blip on the radar in terms of sales, does that compute?

so continue to not know what the hell it is you are buying then cry about it after you come to realize it wasn't what you thought?

makes sense! LOL

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Other than launching a satellite that broad cast a world wide radio that said 'SWTOR IS NOT A SANDBOX!', I don't think Bioware could have done more to say what SWTOR was.

BW actually delivered exactly what they said they would. Whether it appeals to someone is another issue and irrelevant.

It is also now a profitable game so it is also a successful product; course the 'SWG fanboys' can't accept this fact. LOL

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709

SWTOR is the most expensive because subbers have to pay  with real money to get ""expansions". LOTRO gets free content updates like it is getting next week for free, and subbers who accrue Turbine Points can us those points to buy the proper expansions. Also they put the anniversary and life day gifts in the Cartel Market, whereas LOTRO and STO give out free gifts and do playable events to get rewards, no real money or Turbine Points / ZEN to get.

Basically SWTORs F2P system is designed to encourage you to sub not play in F2P, and is more a trial.

It's my last reply to you. This has no point. All you do is spewing garbage with no backing up. It's all because "you say so". Makeb was a small-scale expansion. The price "subbers" had to pay for it was 10 bucks! Yes 10 bucks. Compare it to Rohan. See what Rohan brought, see what Makeb brought, and see if the difference in content made it for the 60 bucks to 10 bucks difference. Yes, probably, for your situation, where you have a lifetime sub or something like that to LOTRO and you get practically tons of free turbine points, it's better not to pay for anything from now on. It's not the same for everyone, how hard it is for you to admit that? I've paid 25 bucks for SWTOR and i'm enjoying all my content free, with minor limitations which i cannot unlock with credit-bought items. How much did you pay for LOTRO?

Again, play what you like, but quit trolling and spewing garbage on each and every topic about SWTOR. Yes, we are lemmings, we are whatever you want to call us for playing this game. We're incredibly stupid and can't see the picture. We're inferior people for liking it. Now live us alone.

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Everything looks so awesome to me after hell weekend in GW2, you should try this game and you will see what boredom is

Originally posted by Sevenstar61 Based on SWTOR Spy (http://www.swtor-spy.com/quests/) there are 3,471 missions in SWTOR. I am not sure if the site includes Makeb and if it includes all quests. It's quite a number I think for a bit over 1 year old MMO. Leveling alts I alternate bonus series as it is too easy to outlevel planets.  So if you plan it right, the game does not have to be repetitive, especially that planet stories are lot of fun and play a bit different depending on class. But this game is not only about alts. If you are in good guild, the group content is so extensive you do not have to do alts to have fun. There are so many incentives to group - weekly missions for flashpoints, operations, world bosses, etc... numerous way to make you want to group all the time. No matter what your preference is, you can find it in this game IF YOU ARE WILLING TOO. It's easy to bash the game while not even playing it, as there is so many wrong presumption about this game that half of the readers will believe all this BS about game without even checking it out.    

weird because a lot of people are not quitting (or play off and on like me) and don't need to be convinced by someone who doesn't share their opinion.

its funny how some people think they are the be all end all of what is fun or a good game.

whats fun for you isn't necessarily fun for everyone else. its a fun game for what it is in my opinion and i personally prefer it to any themepark out there at the moment.

So saying what you think = thinking you the end all, be all? That makes no sense.

What's fun for you isn't necessarily fun for everyone else. its a crap game in my opinion and it's the same damn thing as any other theme park, maybe with less to do.

Did you mean to parrot his argument? Because I fully understood what he said. That was the argument he was using, and I wouldn't have labeled it if I had somehow overlooked the text. The expectation was that it would be a good game. You inferred that I thought it would be a sandbox, but I didn't. Launch was a long time ago, a lot can happen with opinions in that amount of time.

Do you want to go ahead  try and tackle the second part there too Sparky, since you chimed in?

Originally posted by baphamet   Originally posted by ignore_me Originally posted by Sevenstar61 Based on SWTOR Spy (http://www.swtor-spy.com/quests/) there are 3,471 missions in SWTOR. I am not sure if the site includes Makeb and if it includes all quests. It's quite a number I think for a bit over 1 year old MMO. Leveling alts I alternate bonus series as it is too easy to outlevel planets.  So if you plan it right, the game does not have to be repetitive, especially that planet stories are lot of fun and play a bit different depending on class. But this game is not only about alts. If you are in good guild, the group content is so extensive you do not have to do alts to have fun. There are so many incentives to group - weekly missions for flashpoints, operations, world bosses, etc... numerous way to make you want to group all the time. No matter what your preference is, you can find it in this game IF YOU ARE WILLING TOO. It's easy to bash the game while not even playing it, as there is so many wrong presumption about this game that half of the readers will believe all this BS about game without even checking it out.    
    And yet when they check it out and decide it sucks, they are countered by the OCD Theme Park Enthusiasts League. So as a counter warning: when you play the game and see how it blows, just keep it to yourself. You can't convince lemmings not to jump off the cliff.   In real life there are theme parks too, they are called Penitentiaries.
      weird because a lot of people are not quitting (or play off and on like me) and don't need to be convinced by someone who doesn't share their opinion. its funny how some people think they are the be all end all of what is fun or a good game. whats fun for you isn't necessarily fun for everyone else. its a fun game for what it is in my opinion and i personally prefer it to any themepark out there at the moment.      
    So saying what you think = thinking you the end all, be all? That makes no sense.

What's fun for you isn't necessarily fun for everyone else. its a crap game in my opinion and it's the same damn thing as any other theme park, maybe with less to do.

well insulting people and calling them "lemmings" because they like a game you do not tells me you think its a foregone conclusion that the game just sucks and anyone that disagrees is just some dumb ass that is following everyone else because its the thing to do.

you don't have to try to convince anyone to stop liking a game you don't like, its okay if people like a game you do not, you are not the be all end all of what a good mmo is.