Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Double Astral Diamond Weekend

azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=883571

Got news for those who think the game is P2W?  P2W games do not give away free sh*t.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Comments

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

I had the Guardian pack so I started with 600,000. As of today I sit at 2.4 million AD. Though as more people hit 60 the flow of easy AD is starting to slow down.

Was great while it lasted! Now to sit on it till the conversion ratio is good. 

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Very nice.  Looks like I'll be playing more this weekend.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by azzamasin

Got news for those who think the game is P2W?  P2W games do not give away free sh*t.

Hey! Lets just kill the games economy before it has even been released for a month!

Maybe they know some secret that you don't...

... like nearly everything regarding their games' economy. :P

Hey! Lets just kill the games economy before it has even been released for a month!

They do stuff like this often with their other titles. Run promotions, weekend events, zen sales, etc. 

If anything it needs this little bump to make the conversion from AD to Zen a bit more reasonable. As of right now, it is not in line with their other games currency systems. 

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    I would rather have a double zen weekend,but I guess this will do.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Just a shame it's only 'rough' diamonds. Well, at least I can have a few days off without feeling like I'm not getting my daily AD refined....

This was on the games ingame calender since open beta (launch) started btw.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Originally posted by Slappy1
    I would rather have a double zen weekend,but I guess this will do.

Sometimes they run promo where you can buy Zen and get an extra 15% for free, but I don't recall anything higher. 

• Tyvolus4Tyvolus4 Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Originally posted by Ghavrigg

Maybe they know some secret that you don't...

... like nearly everything regarding their games' economy. :P

lol, exactly.  the guy acts like he has some inside info on the games economy that the devs don't.

• koalakkoalak Member Posts: 75
    I guess I will play a little more this weekend haha
  • sync00sync00 Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by koalak
    I guess I will play a little more this weekend haha

What can you do in the game where playing more will get you more AD? You can only do the daily once a day. The skirmish events only seem to give 1k AD for the first time and then 100 AD for subsequent skirmishes. What else is there?

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    i have yet to see one drop.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    Originally posted by sync00

What can you do in the game where playing more will get you more AD? You can only do the daily once a day. The skirmish events only seem to give 1k AD for the first time and then 100 AD for subsequent skirmishes. What else is there?

Skirmish does 1k EACH time. If You got a level 6-11, you can do 10-12 skirmish in the hour. Then there are tradeskills, invocation, dailys.

• WelshyJTWelshyJT Member UncommonPosts: 28
    OR maybe they're taking advantage of the fact that theres 10x more people ingame now than there will be in a month
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    I've been hitting the Leadership missions that give AD, and even my low-level characters are doing 2 or 3 missions every couple of hours and getting 800 or 1200 AD a time.  What with the Daily Foundry and Invoking it's all adding up nicely, even as a casual player.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Perfect timing and yes i saw that,too bad i got really bored of playing already.The game has not changed from level 1 to 22,i play every fight the same except the odd boss fight that allowed me to point hit and hide around obstacles.

it is nice to usually group but in this game,nobody chats,it is more like a race,fights are always a zerg,nothing organized what o ever.The trend seems to be all Bosses spawn adds,AI is really poorly done,trash mobs don't really have any AI.

I knew going in what to expect,it is after all f2p but i was hoping the combat and game would change a bit,but it is just your typical linear questing and not really that great after the initial excitement wears off.

It did hold my interest for about 5 days,much better than other games that have come out,some i delete in first 20 minutes.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• sync00sync00 Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by kjempff
    Originally posted by sync00

Skirmish does 1k EACH time. If You got a level 6-11, you can do 10-12 skirmish in the hour. Then there are tradeskills, invocation, dailys.

I find the que times are quite long. Are you playing with a party of 5 to do that many skirmishes in an hour?