Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

server go BOOM!

Comments

• JhustynJhustyn Member UncommonPosts: 109
    Crashed again....... image
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Servers just went boom again (20;43 gmt)

hope they improve the server load capability/stability for when it leaves open beta.. although the distinction between 'open beta' and official launch are a bit 'blurred' these days. image

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
      Ever since open beta they have had problems with the servers or authenticator erroring out. On weekends it holds for about 1-2 hours then crash boom!

• BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Hey guess what? It's beta...
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Phry

Servers just went boom again (20;43 gmt)

hope they improve the server load capability/stability for when it leaves open beta.. although the distinction between 'open beta' and official launch are a bit 'blurred' these days. image

That's the beauty of F2P games, lol

You launch (Cash Shop 100% open for business) but call it "open beta". So your game can crash as often as it likes, nobody can complain that "we're PAYING for this crap" because the game is F2P image

And besides, it's still in beta...

• gimmesomegimmesome Member Posts: 362

Hahaha... yeah, the servers def need an overhaul or something.    The game is most likely doing far better than they expected.   

I know I'm having a blast.   

Esp. considering this is beta.   and it's free.  AND it's soft launch, so no wipes.  No complaints here.   As a matter of fact, I'm thinking of spending more in the cash shop if for no other reason than to expedite the upgraded server capacity ;-)

This game is fun.  deal with it.

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by Bossalinie

Just because you call a duck a goose doesn't make it so. This is not beta.... they are taking peoples money in cash shop and everything is active... this is soft launch... Now the way the game is playing makes it feel like closed beta.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by wrightstuf
    A bit off topic, but do you guys prefer strawberry shortcake or peach cobbler?

Cookies FTW! 

The official forums are down too. When something at PWI crashes, it would seem EVERYTHING crashes. 

PWI really need to invest in some new server architecture. They have been using the same architecture on all of their games for years, and its just out of date. Every time they launch a new game, the same problems. Then eventually they go away because people leave and they dont bother fixing/upgrading it. 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

Originally posted by stragen001

Cookies FTW! 

The official forums are down too. When something at PWI crashes, it would seem EVERYTHING crashes. 

PWI really need to invest in some new server architecture. They have been using the same architecture on all of their games for years, and its just out of date. Every time they launch a new game, the same problems. Then eventually they go away because people leave and they dont bother fixing/upgrading it. 

PWI most probably find the current setup to be cost-effective. Developing and testing new software and infrastructure can be a costly business. If they're making heaps of money with the current state of affairs, why spend money changing it ?

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko
    Server go boom.... again...

fall down go boom.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

i dont think anyone here is really going off the handle here. we're just joking and talking and picking on PWI ... because .. well they deserve it :)

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• jayheld90jayheld90 Member UncommonPosts: 1,726
    yeah, sto.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

You sure it was not a maintenance there was one schedules?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884

Neither...rhubarb crisp FTW!!!!!

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

I expected this:

UPDATE: We need to perform emergency network maintenance. ETA downtime: 1 hour. Stay here and we'll update you with new details.

— Neverwinter (@NeverwinterGame) May 11, 2013

• StrommStromm Member Posts: 243
    Originally posted by chelan
    Server go boom.... again...

fall down go boom.

Big bada boom!

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Originally posted by MadDemon64
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    "Our game is very unstable at the moment, and is prone to crashing during primetime on weekends, resulting in 2 to 3 hour service outages. But please stop by our Cash Shop when the servers ARE up, we'd be delighted to sell you a very pretty mount for just $30... You can then look at screenshots of it during server crash downtimes image"

You really have no idea how PWE works, do you?

Do you? i think only those who work at PWE knows how it really works.

I might not know how PWE works as much as a PWE employee, but at least I know enough about how PWE works to not go making the most rediculous, unrealistic claims about them.  I mean, seriously, that claim is about as realistic as claiming that a logging company spills toxic waste into a river (ala Captain Planet villains) for the sake of spilling toxic waste into a river.

Little whisper in your emotional ear - the OP was joking.

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    "Our game is very unstable at the moment, and is prone to crashing during primetime on weekends, resulting in 2 to 3 hour service outages. But please stop by our Cash Shop when the servers ARE up, we'd be delighted to sell you a very pretty mount for just $30... You can then look at screenshots of it during server crash downtimes image"

Do you? i think only those who work at PWE knows how it really works.

I might not know how PWE works as much as a PWE employee, but at least I know enough about how PWE works to not go making the most rediculous, unrealistic claims about them.  I mean, seriously, that claim is about as realistic as claiming that a logging company spills toxic waste into a river (ala Captain Planet villains) for the sake of spilling toxic waste into a river.

What claim, exactly?  That they sell pretty mounts in their cash shops..?

Originally posted by Xepo

Just because you call a duck a goose doesn't make it so. This is not beta.... they are taking peoples money in cash shop and everything is active... this is soft launch... Now the way the game is playing makes it feel like closed beta.

It's closed at the moment alright.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Server went BOOM for me during an instance where I was fighting and about to kill the main boss.  Seems like I will have to restart it.  Hopefully they will get this resolved.
  • Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697
    fall down.

other than that im having fun so far.

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• lolunaticlolunatic Member Posts: 108
    You can't expect a company like cryptic to have stable servers like other companies who make triple a mmos.

Got the standard emergency maintenance message on twitter - downtime eta 1hr.

That's their usual starting post. The time generally  gets extended as they find out which one of their commodore 64's has gone up in smoke.

• kharlankharlan Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Maybe they blew it up themselves when they saw how many diamonds were going out :P

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

No, he pretty much nailed it.  Evidently, you don't knowhow PWE works.  Now don't get your PWE nickers all bunched, we are just having a laugh.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.