Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Invisiblity

13»

Comments

• TumblebutzTumblebutz Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Originally posted by Axxar
    The reason I find stealth much more problematic than other abilities is that it lets you pick and choose your fights, which is a very powerful tactical ability. In a closed PvP setting like an arena, this doesn't help much, but it's quite a different story in an open PvP setting.

So?  I fail to understand why that is a problem for anyone.  Skalds and Minstrels (even without stealth) could pick and choose their own fights, as well. 

Every class has "very powerful tactical abilities."  Heals, /guard, AoE mezz and stun, speed, roots, PBAoE... these are all hugely powerful tactical abilities.  Stealthers get none of those.  Why should they be exempt from having their own?

Emeryc Eightdrakes - Ranger of DragonMyst Keep - Percival

RED IS DEAD!

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    hmm.. let me see if i understand this topic, some ppl want to be the scissors (veil walker) but dont want the rock to exist (veil stalker)..... lol...
  • SchurgeSchurge Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Disregard accidently quoted the wrong person.
  • SchurgeSchurge Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Originally posted by Axxar
    The reason I find stealth much more problematic than other abilities is that it lets you pick and choose your fights, which is a very powerful tactical ability. In a closed PvP setting like an arena, this doesn't help much, but it's quite a different story in an open PvP setting.

I don't play stealthers but I still pick and choose most of my fights.

• irpugbossirpugboss Member UncommonPosts: 427

The only frustrating stealther classes/mechanics for me are ones with a million in combat stealths and/or in games with really quick out of combat timers for them to simply run out of combat to restealth. I dont mind stealthers getting really hard hitting abilities that can almost one shot most classes , in combat evasions for survivability, and having the ability to sneak up on targets but it becomes too much when they are in the hands of patient/skillful players who exploit restealthing/combat timers and simply reset the fight when they are being outplayed by a non hard counter class.

IMO to make more skillful and fair play let the stealther rely on picking and choosing their fights/timing/terrain. If they choose wrong target or timing they should be punished for sloppy gameplay not get to reset the fight constantly.

If a healer mistimes a heal/absorb or they are interrupted they are punished and lose

If a tank doesnt get off a block/absorb ability they are punished and lose

If a non-stealth direct dps class cannot time their damage and CC specific for each target they are punished and lose

If a non-stealth DoT DPS class cannot keep up the proper rotation with CC they are punished and lose

If a stealther opens up on the wrong target, or misuses their CC, evasion abilities they are not immediately punished and lose because in most games they just need to restealth, recover and renter or flee at their leisure...its unfair to the other player who was capitalizing on the stealthers mistakes...unlike all the other classes who pay for their mistakes. The only times they really are punished is if they keep rushing the target instead of restealthing.

Now I think restealths may be vital in most current games because they make stealthers too squishy in stand up fights but they imo they need to addess this...even if restealths remain perhaps a really long cooldown would avoid the problems I see with