Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NW have EndGame ?

davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458

so nw have endgame or not?

Comments

• kizan0601kizan0601 Member UncommonPosts: 61

Now no, later yes. They plan on adding 20 man raiding and pvp matches soonish.

Then there is the foundry which if you want to get technical can provide everyone unlimited amount of endgame content if done properly.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

If they put a decent reward into the foundry for completing 'eligible' quests beyond the daily... like a small amount of AD for every foundry quest you do, 400 maybe? It would really help this game out. The loot drops in the foundry are very poor so that's not a good reason to be doing them.

Right now the only reason to do foundry quest is for the stories, or ID scrolls... thing is, this is a game. If we want fantasy stories there are hundreds of thousands of them out there on the internet. Some foundry quests are very good.. but games need a reward attached to them, even a minimal one, that benefit your gameplay. Otherwise what's the point?

If they did that, the endgame would be phenomenal.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • momodigmomodig Member UncommonPosts: 555
    Game feels like a chore to play, why couldn't they just do subs and forget f2p.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by davc123

Currently they have epic dungeons as endgame, with two tiers to progress through.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by momodig

What makes it feel like a chore that wouldnt be a chore if you were paying $15 a month?

All gear based MMOs have grind. This game is no different other than you can use real money to speed it up.

Doing daily's, daily's are something I want to do at max level not, level 26

It's a chore, having to grind up different money values... astral diamonds and such.

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    It's a chore, having to grind up different money values... astral diamonds and such.

No really it's not, it takes about a minute to figure out. Thanks for the your opinion. 

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Doing daily's, daily's are something I want to do at max level not, level 26

Then dont, or are you implying that there arent daily quests at low level in sub mmos? pleast dont be delusional

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Not to me.  Well, most of the game is fun anyway, but the profession/crafting system feels like a chore (I get that way with every crafting system in every MMO though).

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

The Leadership profession helps with that.  just log onto the gateway, select what missiosn you want your mercenaries to go on, wait several hours while goign about your life, and bam, instant gold and AD (not as fast as in game missions, but still helps)

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Originally posted by kizan0601

Then there is the foundry which if you want to get technical can provide everyone unlimited amount of endgame content if done properly.

Where is your source?  As far as I have seen on the PW website they only talk about doing 5 man instances via the foundry and no raiding.   

Originally posted by danwest58

Where is your source?  As far as I have seen on the PW website they only talk about doing 5 man instances via the foundry and no raiding.   

I think it might have been in an interview (The totalhalibut one I believe; just search "neverwinter" on youtube and you should find it)

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

Source?

Last I read on this matter "raids" are already in-game which is your 5 man content as that is what is considered your raids with the dungeon delve.  There will be world bosses of sorts in the Gaunletgrym area where multiple groups would need to team up to work together to take down the boss in a public zone but not "raid group" will be required.  All this is from Any a lead dev in an interview.

The said they might add it on later but that's like saying how Blizzard will consider player housing be added later in WoW.

And really a raid will be horrid in Neverwitner due to lack of a real trinity system and will be nothing more than a zerg beat down.

All this in an interview at one of the conventions this year, and haven't seen any other development besides pure speculation and hopeful bliss, the same speculation that creators would be able to create Persistent Worlds.

Originally posted by MadDemon64

I think it might have been in an interview (The totalhalibut one I believe; just search "neverwinter" on youtube and you should find it)

From what is out there they said they are going to add raiding however do not have a size bases.  It also could take months or a year to put into game from all I heard.  

Originally posted by furbans

Source?

Last I read on this matter "raids" are already in-game which is your 5 man content as that is what is considered your raids with the dungeon delve.  There will be world bosses of sorts in the Gaunletgrym area where multiple groups would need to team up to work together to take down the boss in a public zone but not "raid group" will be required.  All this is from Any a lead dev in an interview.

The said they might add it on later but that's like saying how Blizzard will consider player housing be added later in WoW.

And really a raid will be horrid in Neverwitner due to lack of a real trinity system and will be nothing more than a zerg beat down.

All this in an interview at one of the conventions this year, and haven't seen any other development besides pure speculation and hopeful bliss, the same speculation that creators would be able to create Persistent Worlds.

I agree with this about neverwinter that Raiding is just a bad idea.  I do like the idea of hardcore 5 mans.  Today the raiding scene for many MMO players are over.  In the last year I have played, WOW, Rift, and SWTOR and seen major lose of interest in raiding.  

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Source?

I agree with this about neverwinter that Raiding is just a bad idea.  I do like the idea of hardcore 5 mans.  Today the raiding scene for many MMO players are over.  In the last year I have played, WOW, Rift, and SWTOR and seen major lose of interest in raiding.  

if its 5 man, then it isnt a raid, its a 'harder' dungeon run. but having said that, you don't have to have raids to have a successful game, in WoW i never bothered with raiding and i can't say i missed out on anything. No reason Neverwinter can't be the same.. now.. i do have an issue with the nightmare boxes, currently have about 10 of the things.. and before go on about they have to make money etc, i already opened 5 previously.. im not someone who isnt prepared to pay to play.. and about the only thing i got out of them is a blue sword.. although after getting the sword at level 10, its still better than the random loot drops that are level 22..  wish i'd jumped into the pvp when i got it.. i could have done some serious pwnage with it.. image

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

It's got more endgame then any game (cept maybe Rift) released in the last 5-6 years.  No it doesn't have uber l33t raiding (yet) but the dungeons are plentiful and there is a virtual plethora of loot, weapons and armor sets to aquire, not to mention the enchants for that loot.

If you like small scale group content then NWO is prolly the best game made in the last 5-6 years.  I only wish GW2 would take a page from Cryptic's book on what content is supposed to look like.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Originally posted by Phry

Source?

if its 5 man, then it isnt a raid, its a 'harder' dungeon run. but having said that, you don't have to have raids to have a successful game, in WoW i never bothered with raiding and i can't say i missed out on anything. No reason Neverwinter can't be the same.. now.. i do have an issue with the nightmare boxes, currently have about 10 of the things.. and before go on about they have to make money etc, i already opened 5 previously.. im not someone who isnt prepared to pay to play.. and about the only thing i got out of them is a blue sword.. although after getting the sword at level 10, its still better than the random loot drops that are level 22..  wish i'd jumped into the pvp when i got it.. i could have done some serious pwnage with it.. image

I agree it does not need raiding to be successful.  Today raiding is just overstated and if they did have raiding in Neverwinter it would become P2W there is no other way raiding can work in a F2P mmo that does not have a subscription.  Honestly I am still very hesitant to put effort into this game because the cost of in game stuff.  $40 for a dam digital mount are you off your rocker PW.  

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Originally posted by evilastro

What makes it feel like a chore that wouldnt be a chore if you were paying $15 a month?

All gear based MMOs have grind. This game is no different other than you can use real money to speed it up.

Even the not gear based MMO's are grindy, how else you want to give a decent endgame content, which focus you to not quit.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

FFS just play dungeons and sell loot for diamonds.  You people are ridiculous sometimes,

• sexypanda198sexypanda198 Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by davc123

When i get the end then i'll worry about end game content. Until then i want mmo thats fun as i level not worry about whats at the end. I grew up old school where the adventure the of the story and grind was the most important thing.

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486

well it was planned to be a p2p game but the first publisher gone broke. then perfect world bought the game. and perfect world is a f2p only publisher. that's also why it took so long to release the game. they had to change stuff to make it fit the f2p market.

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by Phry

Source?

Whenever the Devs, in all the videos I've seen, are asked bout raiding they always refer back to the 5 man content, so makes me think that 5 man is what they will consider the "raids."  I agree 5 mans aren't raids but Cryptic considers 5 man content as "raids."

Hopefully they don't just add raids for the sake of having it which they followed that path in their past MMOs and were craptastic and how they received their stigma of Craptic.  Jack's whole saying of producing quality good games is an utter lie so far.  Neverwinter is fun I suppose but the quality is very much lacking.  But I guess this should have been expected when they went for a F2P MMO.

• BuddyDudeBuddyDude Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Originally posted by Panzerbase

No really it's not, it takes about a minute to figure out. Thanks for the your opinion. 

Hey he has some good points. Don't go all rage fanboi on him. Sometimes people can offer good criticism without bashing a game. You are just going rage mode on him for no reason.